If you wanted new powers what would it be?

On 2/8/2024 at 2:23 PM, kierthos said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a melee powerset based around flails/nunchaku/meteor hammers, but the animations might be tricky.

The existence of whips in the Demon MM set suggests that they could make one for lassos or chains or manrikigusari or whatever.

I'd love a Brute who swung a giant chain with a ships anchor at the end of it!  It could even just be a new skin that went over the War Mace or Battle Axe power, rather than a unique powerset, although I'd definitely prefer either a unique power (with slightly greater range than the other melee sets) or it be a skin of Staff Fighting or something (again, for the extra range).

1 hour ago, Ian Turner said:

I'd love if MMs had the option to switch around their weapon attacks between the subtypes.  A Beast MM who uses the bow attacks of the Ninja MM, or the whip attacks of the Demon MM, or the guns of a Merc or Thug MM, could better fit some themes like a D&D Ranger, or a Circus Animal trainer, or a Big Game Hunter.  Or a Ninja MM who uses the Dark powers of the Necromancy MM, could represent a more Hand like Ninja with a 'shadow clan' of supernaturally empowered Ninja.  Mix it up a bit!

It's gotten mobbed by haters saying I could just alter the game files change what I see, but I'd love a ton of power reskin options. Then MM pet switches don't have to mess up the balancing. You'd just chose what the minions are for the different powers. It'd also make it less of a chore to add new pet options. They don't need to make clows powerset, they just need to make clown models.

Nictus ancillary pool.

You've either deliberately or accidentally been implanted with a Nictus shard, granting you powers similar to those dark Kheldians!  Basically, watered-down Warshade powers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

On 2/10/2024 at 5:14 PM, biostem said:

The meaning of words changes over time;  Look at how "decimate" literally means "to destroy 1-tenth of", but in common parlance simply means to destroy a large amount/proportion, or how "literally" can actually be used nowadays to mean "figuratively".  If I slot a "Might of the Empire" or "Will of the Seer" prestige enhancement, does it mean my character is actually channeling said forces?  My point is that those set and power names are merely there for flavor and to be useful for describing the set from a quick glance, which you did touch on...

Roman time up until the 1600s....

okay

Edited by JasperStone

/e poofgone

I've always wanted a Powered Armour defensive set...

* carapace (basic resistances)

* albedo coating (energy resistances)

* reinforced plating (upgraded basic resistances)

* exoskeleton override (mez resists)

* life support (heat/cold/toxic resists)

* medical countermeasures (+max hp?)

* predictive algorithms (+DEF)

* exotic materials (minor +def and +res across the board)

* maximum power (kinda ike Unstoppable, but watered down and no/reduced crash)

...in retrospect it kinda feels like Inv, but with the serial numbers filed off and a better (?) tier 9.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

As Mastermind powers feel like the only ones that don't get reused it'd be nice to see a new AT with pets. Perhaps a melee focused commander. Primary pet tree, swap the ranged attacks for melee with taunt and the secondary set is the personal defense ones.

And pet customisation. And whips :)

• 3 weeks later
On 2/20/2024 at 4:38 PM, Stormchant said:

As Mastermind powers feel like the only ones that don't get reused it'd be nice to see a new AT with pets. Perhaps a melee focused commander. Primary pet tree, swap the ranged attacks for melee with taunt and the secondary set is the personal defense ones.

And pet customisation. And whips 🙂

All MMs being able to swap around the non-pet attack powers would be neat, as I mentioned upthread.

A Beast MM would summon wolf/lion minions normally, but be able to use the bow of a Ninja MM (D&D Ranger), the whip of a Demon MM (carny animal tamer), or the rifle of a Bots MM (big game hunter), for instance.  Similarly, a Demon MM who wants some range could use the dark attacks of a Necromancy MM (shadow demons!), or the bow of a Ninja MM (demon archer?).  Heck, if the whip could be reskinned as a manrikigusari, it could even look great with a Ninja MM!

But I'd also love some customization for the pets themselves.  Having the Beast MM be able to choose for his tier three pet to be the normal Dire Wolf, a Sabertooth tiger, a big maned male African Lion, or even something odder like a small dinosaur, giant crocodile, bull, stag or bison could be awesome, with some other options for the lower tier pets.  (Having a spotted leopard/black leopard/cheetah option for the three lowest tier pets, and the big maned lion or smilodon for the top tier pet would allow a themed Beast MM to use all big cats, for instance, rather than cats and dogs, living together, total anarchy!  Similarly, adding some komodo dragon options to lower tier, crocodiles to mid-tier and a dinosaur to top tier could allow for a reptilian-themed Beast MM).

Unlike the above idea, for allowing MMs to choose attack powers from other MM sets, pet customization would require some new art for bears, crocodiles, dinosaurs, bulls, etc.

Edited by Ian Turner

Something completely off the wall but a popular trope would be like a slime powerset

Can absorb an alpha strike and convert all the damage dealt to you to your enemies like a reflect. Absorb all the bullets/powers and springboard them back at the enemy, classic

A power where you turn to a puddle of goop and an aoe effect that forces the enemies to be skidding around like the ice in the frostfire mission

Superjump, but if you hit an obstacle or object you bounce off it like a golfball, this ability deals damage in a 10ft aoe every time it bounces. Jump at a ceiling in an office map and watch the show

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 1:16 PM, Latex said:

Something completely off the wall but a popular trope would be like a slime powerset

Can absorb an alpha strike and convert all the damage dealt to you to your enemies like a reflect. Absorb all the bullets/powers and springboard them back at the enemy, classic

A power where you turn to a puddle of goop and an aoe effect that forces the enemies to be skidding around like the ice in the frostfire mission

Superjump, but if you hit an obstacle or object you bounce off it like a golfball, this ability deals damage in a 10ft aoe every time it bounces. Jump at a ceiling in an office map and watch the show

The graphics would be insane, but I'd love a Stretchy hero powerset, with long-range punches, and constricting elastic arm attacks and rubberbanding bullets back at foes, like you mentioned for this slime set.  Maybe even a few size-changing powers, like a Stealth power that makes your graphic tiny and gives you athletic jumping ability, and a damage / resist buff that enlarges your toon to the size of the largest model allowed on that map (so most visually impressive used outside, in a zone where Giant Monsters can spawn, and not something that will make you any larger than say, a Behemoth or Spectral Demon Lord on a Circle of Thorns cave map where growing to the size of the Goliath War Walker just wouldn't be practical).

But more slime-related, a powerset similar to Poison that was focused on Toxic damage could be neat as well.  Throw / vomit / spew gouts and globs of nasty fluids at people, maybe some could be slippery, like Ice Slick, maybe some could be sticky, like Wide Area Web Grenade!

Edited by Ian Turner
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 4:40 PM, Switch8 said:

i want Radiation Control to go with Radiation healing  RAD/RAD  not sure what the pet would be tho

Something different like gamma-irradiated corpses or creatures could be neat.  Or flying energy 'ghosts' like the radiation forms that the Presence, in Marvel, uses.

Radiation causes confusion and weakness, so it could be interesting to make it have a mix of Confuse and Debuff characteristics like /Dark, rather than the more traditional Holds and Immobilizes.  Yeah, I didn't stop him from moving, but he punches with all the force of a wet noodle, so he's almost as 'controlled!'

Edited by Ian Turner

Masterminds need more primaries, since I came back and found the sonic control/assault powers I thought, why not have a choir of angels with sonic/broadsword powers?

I understand the desire for a zipline/swinging power, but I'm only okay jumping around instead.. what I really want more is an entangling control/ assault powers to tie people up/ cocoon them in combat.  Maybe the power(s) could have some whip stuff too, based on the old meme of wrapping the whip around people to tie them up.  Also lasso abilities could be used.  If they're not considering these to be "Iconic" enough, maybe look back to old cowboy comics for inspiration.. heroes tying people up used to be far more iconic than it is.

Also, some kind of "dimension control" and/or "dimension support" .. some of the powers could teleport enemies/allies.. put a "dimensional barrier" around things either to protect them or trap them.  Have a portal open up and some tentacles reach through to hold the target(s).. another portal opens and a bunch of little alien/demons run through and attack the target (and maybe cause confusion).  It's just kinda weird to me that there's time control, but nothing to represent control of space.

Lemme suggest 2 for Blasters/Corruptors/Defenders/Sentinals (proliferations with animations already existing on Kheldian HEAT's):

1. Celestial Blast - deals Energy damage, has extra property of -DMG to enemies, animations are taken from Peacebringers.

2. Darkmatter Blast - deals Negative Energy damage, has extra property of -Perception (or maybe not, something another) to enemies, animations are taken from Warshades.

But it's not what l wanna the most. The most wishing thing for City of Heroes is Prestige Power (or not prestige) that gives ANY character a Taunt Aura, so not only Tankers/Brutes could stop AE Archvillains from Headless Chickenning Around.

• Like 2

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

On 1/27/2024 at 2:02 PM, BurtHutt said:

I'll also add:

A Nemesis system (yes, kinda like Champions) and a sidekick power pool where you can maybe have it in the pool powers. The sidekick/partner would be customizable in look and have different 'AT' types you could pick from.

I was also thinking maybe we can have the sidekick system by tweaking the Lores option. Allow us to design the Lore pet - I really don't like having to use CoX lore items on my toons.

On 1/27/2024 at 10:31 PM, Captain Fabulous said:

Boyband and Clown MM sets.

The Circus MM is something I have been wanting for a while.

My thoughts are as follows:

T1 Clowns - acrobatic, goofy antics, just downright annoying; 3rd clown can use balloons with various effects

T2 Lion Tamer with Lion - whip, lion would be 2nd, can use T2 Beasts lion

T3 Strong Man - similar to T3 Thugs, with additional strength, less DEF 

Thinking these would have the stereotypical looks of circa early 1900's performers.

Another thing I have wanted is the ability to customize your pets by Tier.

Thanks to all of those who have made this game possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, seanmc492 said:

Circus MM

I kind of feel like the clowns should be the gang war-like power - A small car pulls up and disgorges a bunch of clowns that attack by throwing pies or with balloon animal weapons.  For the rest of the set, I'd do:

T1s - 2 acrobats that use attacks similar to Carnie Harlequins, with the 3rd being a strongman.

T2s - I like your lion tamer idea, except I'd have the actual lion tamer be the minion, and their attacks would summon a temporary lion that charges/mauls the target.  The other T2 could be a juggler that throws various items at the enemy, (knives, chainsaws, firebombs, etc).

T3 - A Ringmaster/Ringmistress, who provides various buffs and can use powers similar to symphony control's to buff their allies and attack/debuff their opponents.

The personal attacks would be the various ring tosses that some Carnies have, (a quick look shows at least 3 such attacks - energy ring toss, electrical ring toss, and exploding ring).

• Haha 2

I'd want the power to select where my powers emit from on my toons.  Like if I want the fire breath animation for my water blaster or all my dark control powers shoot out my eyes  --plus the ability to make it consistent for all my powers so I'm not shooting some out me hands, thinking some into existence, and just one that I spit out... unless I choose it that way.

Oh you mean new powers for our toons?  I guess wallcrawling would be cool.

Edited by TheMoneyMaker
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 3:13 PM, Hardboiled Hero said:

Masterminds need more primaries, since I came back and found the sonic control/assault powers I thought, why not have a choir of angels with sonic/broadsword powers?

I understand the desire for a zipline/swinging power, but I'm only okay jumping around instead.. what I really want more is an entangling control/ assault powers to tie people up/ cocoon them in combat.  Maybe the power(s) could have some whip stuff too, based on the old meme of wrapping the whip around people to tie them up.  Also lasso abilities could be used.  If they're not considering these to be "Iconic" enough, maybe look back to old cowboy comics for inspiration.. heroes tying people up used to be far more iconic than it is.

A 'flexibity' or 'elastic' power pool, perhaps, could include a ST ranged smashing attack, a ST binding effect, a PBAoE smashing attack, a form of rapid movement and a defense that grants resist against smashing, with power customization options including; Strethy limbs (stretchy long-distance punch, wrap arm around someone, flail rubbery limbs all around, long-legged travel and rubbery body), Shapeshifting (grow tentacles to lash out or to restrain / constrict someone, froggy legs and flying squirrel patagia for extreme leapage, chitinous carapace), Prehensile hair! (lash out with or wrap self up in hair as offense or defense, or use it to move quickly), Flexible weapons (choices of whip, lasso, chain, with multiple models for each), etc.

This would allow simulating folks like Wonder Woman (or cowboys, etc.) who use lassos, whip-users like Mr. America or Blacklash, chain-users like Ghost Rider, as well as stretchy folk like Elastic Lad and Mr. Fantastic, or prehensile hair types like Marvel's Medusa or DC's Spider-Girl.  It wasn't something I'd thought possible without any sort of flexible weapons like whips in the game, but hey, thanks Demon MMs for proving me wrong on that!

Best of all, it could be squeezed into one of those fat new Power Pools like Experimentation and Sorcery, that include attacks, movement, etc. options.

You wouldn't really need a full nine-power offensive or control set for 'lasso user' or 'stretchy guy.'

• Like 1

I'd like to see more MM primaries. In a sense, most MM primary powersets are modified versions of corruptor primaries (robots/beam rifle; thugs/DP, etc.) which gives a nice starting point. For example, coming up with a Devouring Earth MM, could just be a modified corruptor seismic set. Keep Shatter, Entomb, and Upthrust; use existing assets for the pet tiers; two upgrade powers; and a pet buff.

I'd like to see it go the other way too. Demons and Beasts don't have a corruptor equivalent and I think they'd be great additions. The first would give is the whip based powerset we've all wanted for years, and the second would be an interesting "Nature Blast" set that would open up nature/nature corruptors and defenders.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 6:34 AM, Purrfekshawn said:

Lemme suggest 2 for Blasters/Corruptors/Defenders/Sentinals (proliferations with animations already existing on Kheldian HEAT's):

1. Celestial Blast - deals Energy damage, has extra property of -DMG to enemies, animations are taken from Peacebringers.

2. Darkmatter Blast - deals Negative Energy damage, has extra property of -Perception (or maybe not, something another) to enemies, animations are taken from Warshades.

But it's not what l wanna the most. The most wishing thing for City of Heroes is Prestige Power (or not prestige) that gives ANY character a Taunt Aura, so not only Tankers/Brutes could stop AE Archvillains from Headless Chickenning Around.

Please make a powerset so we can see how it will look