How much in game currency do you have on hand.

How much in game currency do you have?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. This is available in game currency, not value of your toons, salvage, enhancements.

• Hey pal, can you spare me a dime? < 1 million
    • I get by pay check to pay check. 1 - 10 million
    • I do ok, but I have dreams. 10 - 100 million
    • I am comfortable. Can build what I want if I save. 100 - 600 million
    • On Easy street. 600 million - 2 billion
    • Anything I want I can get. 2 - 20 billion
    • I have to make mule alts to hold my cash. 20 billion 100 billion
    • I think I have a hoarding problem. 100 billion 250 billion
    • iT'S ALL MINE! 250 billion to ???

3 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Surprisingly refreshing bell curve, there.

There is a pattern.  It seems those who create many alts fund just enough to accomplish that.  

The dip in the curve @ 600 m - 2bn.  I suspect those have more alts.  Once you get above that amount I believe where the farmers, flippers, marketers start and continue on.  You could also add in long time players who basically play but don't build alts.  Of course this is an extremely small sample.  

In hindsight I should have added how many alts and how they have been playing.  It would interesting to see a comparison.

I wonder if the HC team could post some raw anonymous data to dig deeper.

• Like 1

Always keep 1.5bill on my farmer.  Once she hits 1.75, I send an email with 250mill to my main acct.

5bill sitting in emails on my main acct.

Another 3bill spread amongst my alts

So, around 9.5-10billion in influence.

About 1.65 bil last I looked but this is high for me. I’ve been saving for the new powersets. I usually would never go over a bil because I’d spend it.

I have about 130 level 50’s though.

Edited by arcane

I have, for brief minutes had up to 65 million inf on hand. One ATO set and a few LotGs later I’m back down to my typical sub-million level until I get enough merits for another big splurge.

Getting the 28 ATO sets x 6 x 2 (standard for leveling, superior for my current 50) x c. 8,000,000 inf per ATO… means I’ve easily gained more than 3 billion (4 billion if I stop to think of all my clothes horsing)… I just don’t have much that’s liquid.

I did not count the gift I got from Yomo, so I have a few million inf. Since I have a handful of (old) 50s that I had from way back, I can always earn some more inf once I remember how to play. I have a Spines/Fiery Aura Brute from old time farming, but its apparently not meta anymore and I haven't even tried an AE mission yet. Too busy having fun at low level with my wife who is totally new to the CoH game. 🙂

Most of my career was spent at around 100-200 million or so. But I also tend to horde merits and not use them so with that I have no idea. I tend to just market up some money whenever I need to kit out a new character. But without such immediate motivation I generally can't bring myself to do the work to make much money. Nowadays I have a bit over 2 billion saved up since I haven't made a new character that I've played through in awhile. 

I'm the same as the Cat. Inf is a means to an end and I'm sitting on 11B in cash. I tend to fund a new toon 500M. As they play and need IOs, if I don't have one in storage, I buy it.

Interestingly I started tracking the inf I have on all my characters in 2021. I'd made a conscious decision to stop "marketing" and just play the game, marketing only when I needed to. I started at 9B. I spent 1B on a second IO set build on my Peacebringer which I wouldn't do for any other toon, but that was my only main "outgoing".

A new toon now gets emailed 500M to get them going, and access to the diminishing stockpile of set IOs in the base. If I haven't got it, I just buy it. Merits, and converting & flipping drops is enough to make around a 1-200M profit by the time the toon gets to 50 with all the IOs they need. 

15 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Does no one else find it ironic that a guy named Monty Haull is asking what we have on hand?

Do you have a can of tuna?  I'll give you 1 million inf if you have a can of tuna!

• Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Does no one else find it ironic that a guy named Monty Haull is asking what we have on hand?

I was wondering if anyone would ask.   

There are two reasons for this poll.  One was just curiosity because I remember a similar poll a few years ago and wanted to see if it changed much.  The other reason was to help gauge prizes.  I have put up some challenges with hide and seek for 50 million and it seemed that not many were interested.  So are we in a state that player base does not find that an adequate amount?

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 10:35 AM, Monty Haull said:

Title.

I am probably like many others ... I have enough billions on-hand in email, dispersed among characters on-hand, in-bound purchases, stuff on-sale, and stuff that is sold that i haven't retrieved the influence from that I have no idea, and it would just be self aggrandizing to take the time to bother to count it.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ac82f81e31c887bbc

scrooge-mcduck-money-bin.jpg

I'll put it this way, I'm pretty sure that I have less than Yomo, but I'm too busy to count it ...

6a98c3626f6625f92e92df51056ca33c.gif

... and I'm not the only one ...

4ZNPYDJMLBABTOLZ4TIJVYAU4I.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I honestly thought that mostly people on this forum were exaggerating their in game wealth. Then I really took a long look at my characters and added up how much actual inf I had on hand if I needed to make a 50 and slot them out right away.

1. Heat-Spike my main inf holder 575 M Inf. 

2. My Fire Fire Fire - 50's - Each hold around 100 M to 400 M. (11 of them)

3. My New Farmer - 300 M

4. Various 50's - 100m to 400M - (32 of them)

5. Some random characters I was slotting with 25 IO's -10 to 50 M ( about 4 of them)

Tonight I will edit this and give a breakdown of how much each has on it for a grand total.

I voted 1-10 million, but it was unclear if this is per character or in total. 

I have 50 characters, so if it's in total, then 50 to 500 million.

The most I have ever had on hand on a single character was about 30 million, even playing daily from launch to sundown, and again since the game returned.

I have no idea how people get so much influence.

22 hours ago, Arnabas said:

I voted 1-10 million, but it was unclear if this is per character or in total. 

I have 50 characters, so if it's in total, then 50 to 500 million.

The most I have ever had on hand on a single character was about 30 million, even playing daily from launch to sundown, and again since the game returned.

I have no idea how people get so much influence.

The spirit of the poll is inf on hand of all toons but, not counting what IOs slotted or salvage.  

Pure liquidity.

As I have mentioned earlier, I think knowing how many alts you have should have been a secondary question.  I am sure the players who have more alts have less available inf.  Which makes sense.

I have about 40 lvl 50's, on my main account, all fully kitted out and each of them has at least 100m cash inf.  Totaled up it's 8-9b and over 60k merits (spreadsheets are handy if they're kept current).  My farm account has 1 50, also fully kitted out but I don't track inf on that one.

When I start a new alt I tend to wait until level 10ish to see if I like how the power sets work for me.  Assuming it's good, or if I have a theme for the char that I want to continue, I'll email 50m for some starting capital and pick out some attuned IO's from email also.  Usually around lvl 40 they get another 100m to put in bids for final build IO's.  Once they hit 50 they start earning their own inf from crafting/converting recipes earned along the journey, replace attuned IOs with unattuned, put the attuned in email and the process starts again.

I got my start on building inf by doing Hami raids, spending time during the 'gathering' process crafting and converting and playing the market while waiting for the raid to start.

Usually 250 million, with 100 of that reserved for whatever alt I'm playing. 

Once they near 50 (I don't tend to go nuts with purples and I slot as I go so there's rarely big investment needed at 50) my convert-marketeer starts his thing for the next alt (normally only takes 2-3 30 mins sessions).

Last 50 I dinged I did, weirdly for me, splurge on some Winters (and crafted and converted some purples). That's only because I really really liked them (Ice/Stone/Mu stalker). 

10 hours ago, Monty Haull said:

As I have mentioned earlier, I think knowing how many alts you have should have been a secondary question.  I am sure the players who have more alts have less available inf.  Which makes sense.

I have 79 alts in total, spread across three accounts... All but two are finished 50s, with completed IO set builds.

#80 will come along when Page 7 goes live. He's going to be a Rad Defender Shivan. 

• Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I have 79 alts in total, spread across three accounts... All but two are finished 50s, with completed IO set builds.

#80 will come along when Page 7 goes live. He's going to be a Rad Defender Shivan. 

And reading you post earlier, it seems my hypothesis is correct.