The Officially Unofficial Weekly Challenge #1: Write a description for 3 characters

Every character has a spot for a description, but looking at characters in-game very few actually have a description written out.

So to start off the weekly challenges here is an easy one - write a description for 3 of your characters in their in-game description spot.  You can post them here as well if you like.

I wrote my first one up for Lost Claws - a rad/claws tanker

A group of refugees in First Ward sought to escape from the rules of Praetoria and the dangers of First Ward.  They found a rikti old space ship and jury-rigged its warp engines to make a warp gate to another dimension. The energies of the rikti warp gate mutated the refugees.  They found themselves lost in another world and with powers they had never dreamed of.  Now they seek to gather heroes to return to First Ward and save those who remain.

Scrounging gear from the alleyways of Paragon City, they hide behind masks and adopt the identity of the Lost Claws.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Mister Toad - Poison/Water Defender:

Travis LaMoreaux was always pretty "unexceptional" and he knew it.  He barely made it out of high school and university was too much of a challenge for him, so he quit and went back home to Breaux Bridge, Louisiana to help out his folks in any way he could. He considered himself extremely fortunate when he was able to land a job at the new water treatment plant, considering he had no real skills or education.  Ever the hard worker, and eager to do well on the new job, Travis did whatever the boss asked him.  Even the day the plant shift supervisor asked him to help unclog an experimental chemical filtration system.   Travis had been raised on the swamps so getting down into a vat of that mess didn't bother him none at all.  He didn't know much about science and chemicals and all that sort of stuff.  He figured he'd just get in, "git 'er done" and be out in time for lunch.

DNAngel - Dual Pistol/Invul Sent:

As a personal pet project of Dr. Jonathan St. John Smythe, who has always had a fascination with angels, the DNAngel initiative was kept off the S.E.R.A.P.H. books for reasons unknown. Brad Griffin had led a fairly normal life as the PPD SWAT commander until the point he was drafted for St. John Smythe's experiment but, well, as you can see - his life has become anything but "normal".

Pri-M8:  Robotics/Electrical Affinity MM:

It's not completely known how it happened but, while under development in the Crey Advanced Robotics and Engineering (C.A.R.E.) lab, Pri-M8's programming encountered a glitch.  Most evidence points to a firing of the former, believed to be the deceased hero, Dynamax's electrical powers which caused Pri-M8's self-awareness systems to repair and reboot, restoring some of the former hero's memories.  The more he learned, while in the C.A.R.E. lab, the more he realized the rumors of Crey Industries using dead heroes for their scientific projects were most certainly true.  Pri-M8 eventually escaped the lab, taking with him some of the other advanced, but slightly less self-aware, projects.  He and his team now use a combination of raw robotics and Dynamax's powers to fight crime in Paragon.  His memories are slowly coming back and he's gradually learning how to fine-tune his electrical powers into more and more useful abilities.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did heroes and villains. I write up blurbs for most of my characters either when creating them or a bit after I get a feel for them and/or decide I'm going to keep 'em around. 

VILLAINS

Major Holocaust: Brute-Fire Melee/Rad Armor

Major Allan of the USAF was the experimental pilot of a spacecraft with a new drive system reverse engineered from Rikti salvage. The test was fine until the engine engaged…and exploded in a massive surge of radioactive fire that plummeted into the atmosphere. Major Allan was presumed dead, however his mutated body washed ashore in the Rogue Islands with fearsome radioactive fire powers, his flesh burned away leaving only a skeleton trapped within his special space suit and a mind warped beyond all morality.

General Killerwatt: Sentinel – Beam Rifle/Elec. Armor

General Killerwatt is a former Vanguard officer that became seriously disillusioned with the direction of the High Command in regards to the Rikti and other existential threats. So much so that he allied with various underground organizations to develop his power suit and beam weapon, trading Vanguard classified information to these groups as payment. Just before Vanguard Intelligence could arrest him, he went underground disappearing for several months. When he emerged in the Rogue Islands as General Killerwatt, he went on a rampage killing many Longbow and Vanguard agents earning the attention of Arachnos.

Volt Rigger: Blaster – Elec Blast/ Devices

Quinton Wade is an opportunistic wazzu that had a bad habit of doing half-baked garage experiments. One such experiment blew up in his face, quite literally, damaging his eyes. However, it also gave him electrical powers and jump started his questionable IQ into the actual useful range. Seeing a way to cozy up to the power players in Nova Praetoria, he utilizes his electrical powers and gadgets to ‘fight the good fight’ on behalf of Emperor Cole (as well as rig many elections to always fall in the Emperor’s favor). Finally noticed by Powers Division, he has an invite to shine…or crash and burn in a spectacular fashion. Now in the Rogue Islands, he is ingratiating himself with all of the prominent powers while serving no one but his own interests and rise to fame.

HEROES

Subatomical: Sentinel – Rad Blast/ Elec Armor

Subatomical is what happens when you let a kid watch too much MacGuyver, read too many comics, and then ignore them while they play with those old worn out microwaves they kept dragging home. A kid genius, Trevor Bekmond spent his teenage years building and perfecting his powersuit out of alley scrap and junkyard salvage with the unwavering desire to be a hero fighting crime and beating up bad guys. He succeeded just as he became an adult and now lives his dream…when he’s not on shift at his day job at the parts store.

Rod Master: Brute – Staff / Reflexes

Dillon Phillips is a retired world champion martial artist that was one of the few survivors of the Hamidon Wars. Taking up residence with his family in Nova Praetoria all was well with life; that is until T.E.S.T. showed up and forcibly took his daughter away to be inducted into the Seer program. His wife took her own life soon after the incident. Dillon vanished as he went into an almost self-destructive training program. When he resurfaced he had cast away his birth name in favor of his new moniker Rod Master. Accepted into the Powers Division, he works with Calvin Scott and the Resistance to take down Cole and his puppeteers from within and maybe rescue his daughter, or whatever is left of her, from Mother and her hospital of horrors in First Ward.

Psi-Lent: Blaster – Psychic Blast / Temporal Manipulation

Once a mere technician with Omni-Tek, a now defunct competitor of Crey Industries, Craig Williams was caught up in the terrible energies released when the Rikti portal device his lab bosses were working on exploded (due to suspected sabotage). Seemingly he was okay when examined by the responding Vanguard medics other than bruises and such from being thrown. Many of his fellow workers weren’t so lucky, a few even vaporized being closer to the device than he had been.  Over the next few weeks, Craig began to lose his voice and displayed several psychic and temporal abilities. He went to the nearest hospital and was soon transferred to a Vanguard medical facility where he was pronounced a mutant. By this time he could only communicate with his mind, he voice no longer functional. Taking on the moniker Psi-Lent, he joined other powered individuals in their fight to keep Paragon City safe. And if he can dig up dirt on Crey, so much the better.

• Like 2

I'm pretty good about writing bios, so these are the bios for my last 3 characters.

Dragon Blade - Blue - Technology Fire/Ninja Blaster

Spoiler

Cody McGill worked for S.E.R.A.P.H. in the Atlas Park City Hall office as a forensic chemist, analyzing the various powders, plasmas, explosives, oozes, and simple gadgets recovered by superheroes, PPD, Longbow, Vanguard, etc.

Then one day Azuria, who was too deeply lost in studying a dragon fang dagger during her lunch break, tripped in the cafeteria, spilling her soup and accidentally stabbing Cody with the dagger.

And *of course* the dagger was coated with red dragon venom, poisoning him and giving him fire powers at the same time. And *of course* using the fire powers in combat is the only way to stop the red dragon venom from killing him. Frickin' magic. Frickin' Azuria.

So now, he is Dragon Blade, fighting crime with his dragon fire powers, backed up with his homebrewed weapons and gadgets.

Mike the Pike - Blue - Natural Staff/Ninjitsu Stalker

Spoiler

I was sitting on the couch, drinking a beer after a long day fixing cars. There was this cheesy movie on Television. Some kinda space aliens fighting zombies. I fell asleep and had this weird dream! Like I was in the movie! I had this cool alien high tech gear, and was fighting off contaminated zombies in Paragon City! I really kicked butt!

Then I woke up, and there was a goop-covered laser pike thing laying on my cheapass coffee table -- just like the one I used in the dream. That was spooky.

The next day, I take my new laser pike thing on the bus with me, to show off at work, but there's some kind of commotion. Apparently there's sewer monsters in the sewers, causing a traffic snarl while they wait for some heroes to sort it out. I look at the pike next to me and think what the hell? You only live once, right?

I think fate's trying to tell me something... 

Berserkr - Red - Natural Ice/Titan Tanker

Spoiler

Einar the Blue is a Berserker from the ever frosty Northlands. He is half Barbarian, half Frost Giant.

He bears an Enchanted Velium Greatsword, Frostbite, that was forged by Dwarves for his Frost Giant sire. It is unbreakable and comes to his hand when called. He also wears a stolen Ring of Flight and Boots of the Wolf.

Upon hearing rumors of a New World, Einar set sail with his crew, looking for treasure and adventure. Alas, during a terrible storm at sea, the ship was destroyed, the crew drowned, and Einar was frozen in a block of ice for over a thousand years.

The ice block eventually, somehow, made its way to Striga Isle on Primal Earth, and melted on the shores. Thanks to his giantish constitution, Einar awoke, dazed and weak, if otherwise unharmed.

Einar still seeks treasure and adventure in whatever world he finds himself. 

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

Hmmmm.

One I did from a comment here on the forums (something like "nobody would want a character named rusty muffler.")

Rusty just liked working on cars. He had since high school. A few years getting certified, a loan or two and he had his own place - Rusty's Mufflers and Brakes. He built a great reputation for his quality and his prices.

One day, a new customer brought in an odd car. Something had started rattling, they said, and the vehicle had lost power. What the owner didn't know was that someone had stuffed a small packet of nanotech in their muffler so it wouldn't be found on them. Unfortunately the packet opened and started converting the car. When rusty took off the 'bad' muffler, the packet spilled on him and enhanced him, as well.

When he was rushed to the hospital, he couldn't give his name.

Misunderstanding, they asked for his hero ID to protect his identity. All they got... "Rusty. Muffler."

Then there's Sweet Child o'Mimes:

Description:  Orphaned when his father found himself trapped in an invisible box, his mother unable to walk against the wind, Keyton Marchetto avoided the orphanages and made his living doing what he knew best - mime.

He proved to be a natural talent - perhaps too much so. When a group of street thugs came to rough him up, he did the only thing he could think of to defend himself - make them believe he was a much bigger threat than he was by making himself appear to be so through his actions. Amazingly... they did, and he made his first arrests.

Only then did he discover the Spirit of Mime was silently watching over him, protecting and guiding him. He decided to take his show on the road, using his skills to entertain *and* protect.

Hmmm, who else...

There's always Hellion Keller:

She was a rarity in the Hellions - not only a woman (a human one, anyway) but a seer. She worked to warn her crew and guide them to mystic items of interest.

One time, she looked too far. The result blinded her, physically, and yet opened her eyes to the life she was leading and where it would end. She quietly gathered some other disaffected gang members who wanted a new start and started to work against her old "friends."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Captain Ironsights: Assault Rifle/Traps Corrupter

Name: Johnathan Spears

Codename: Captain Ironsights

Origin: Tech based

Brief history: Captain Spears is on loan from a special detachment of the PPD. A highly decorated member of the force, he was selected to test some of the departments newer equipment as well as strengthen the bonds between the PPD, the FBSA and the hero community at large.Opting to earn his way through the ranks like any new hero, Captain Spears will start in Galaxy City and work his way up.

Powers/Equipment: The Mark VI Assault Rifle. Highly customizable, powerful and reliable. Greater modifications will be available upon higher security levels. The Teserract Belt. With access to a pocket space dimension, the user can pick and choose from various gadgets. More become available upon higher security levels. Jump Jet Boots: At lower power levels, allow for greater jump heights and distances. At higher levels, allow for long range flight with hover option. 

Epsilon Omega: Dual Pistols/Radiation Armor Sentinel

Code Name: Epsilon Omega

Archetype: Sentinel

Origin: Technology based Powers: Dual Pistols/Radiation Armor

Background: <redacted>

DOB: <redacted>

Hometown: <redacted>

Notes: Applicant presents mutliple unknowns that the FBSA frowns upon. It's preferable that all registered Heroes divulge basic information to allow the FBSA to vet their charges before issuing an ID. Subject has not been forthcoming with said information, nor has any member of the FBSA been able to find anything about Epsilon Omega. Approval pending further review.

(Ok, look...it doesn't matter who I am. My Hero ID has already been approved AND I'm playing by your rules and starting at the bottom.)

How did you access this file? 

(If you knew who I really was, you'd have to disappear, so we can dispense with the formalities. Capiche?)

Final notes: Hero codenamed Epsilon Omega: Approved.

(Damn right I am)

Glimmer Glare: Energy Melee/Energy Armor Scrapper

When everyone else in your family's a scientist of some sort and you're the one with the Liberal Arts degrees, holidays can get...interesting. "Oh, I'm working for a top secret project for Crey." "Yes, well I'm head engineer at Portal Corp." "Very nice, but let me know when Longbow has you heading up their R&D division." Then there's me and my work at the theater in Galaxy City. Snoozefest to them...until that day.

I was in my apartment when it happened: some sort of attack from outer space. Next thing I know, my building's coming down, something explodes, I see a light (no, not that one) and pass out. Turns out the explosion was a combination of the aliens, a couple energy based heroes and a gas line.

All I know is I woke up, unharmed and with superpowers. Now, I hang with superheroes like the Phalanx and save the day on the regular. I'm the talk of the family! Take that, Darlene!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Three of my favorites...

Snow Belle Ice/Ice blaster (Inspired by a character I PUGed with - Snow Bell, an Ice/Sonic blaster.)

Amanda Snow always loved winter...  And as she grew older, she found that not only did cold not bother her, she thrived in it.  Ice, snow, hail - they became her toys.

The day the bullies attacked her younger sister, she found her toys could also be weapons.

Miss Mechanism Bots/FF Mastermind  (Inspired by a story I saw one day about a girl with a paralyzed arm who'd built a robotic one for a high school science project and planned to go into robotics research.)

First I built my arm, now I'm building my army.  Soon, I'll bring justice to the City.

Shirudo Momoji Fire/Shield Tank (Her powerset was inspired by an anime character, her bio comes in part from a different anime character.  Her look, bio, and name took the most research and time I ever put into a character.)

As a young girl, Yuuki was entranced by super sentai programs.  She regularly prayed for super powers - but was always disappointed.  

In college, she studied physics and engineering.  If she couldn't become a superhero herself, she'd support them by developing equipment for them. Her senior year, she received two visitors.  The first, a kami of fire, granted her wish and the ability to control fire.  The second, a mysterious Colonel from the JGSDF recruited her into a secret super soldier program - and gave her a high tech shield.

As Shirudo Momoji, Yuuki has become what she always wished for.  A defender of the weak.  A warrior of justice.  A friend of peace.

A superhero.

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Well...here's a few of 'em. I tend towards short and sweet.

Acrobattle (who's now "retired").

Spoiler

It started at the Row. They came to my neighborhood. I used the special training I got from Spec Ops to save those I knew and loved. After that, it became a mission. I got my old equipment. Nanotech suit. The Staff. All the gadgets. Cleaned up the Row (for now), then moved on. For a time, anyway. 'Cause we all know it never ends, right?

What's it all about? People. It's about being Lucius Jackson. Working my bakery on the row. Time with the wife and son. Because life is the struggle. And it's glorious, man.  

UPDATE: Having fought the good fight, Lucius has put away his staff (save for "special events"), turning his time and effort to training his protege (and son), "Acrobattery." It's the family business, after all. 

Most of mine have little more than a snapshot:

KR Devil:  Like his compatriot, the King's Row Angel, the King's Row Devil guards the back alleys of the overlooked sectors of Paragon City. The Devil has close ties with KR's own Juan Jiminez. Some say he might even be Juan himself, but that's never been proven.

Gym Beam:  Well, sir, I's just makin' mah rounds on the ranch, checkin' on that meteorite, and durned if I didn't find a dead alien and a big ol' gun. Thang seemed to attune wi' me, fer some reason. Made me all fast and ath-a-letic, an' a crack shot, too! So, I come to the city to do some good with it. I mean, what else could I do?

Whipsmart:  The "personal bodyguard" to Fletcher Finley of Steel Canyon's FinnCo, Whip spends half his time touting his exploits via social media. The other half is spent getting into trouble and getting bailed out by other superheroes. If you can consider him a "superhero," that is. Maybe someday, when (if) he grows up.

Finally, this one from Torch: 

Souler:  Ilario "Lari" Ramirez was chosen. He's not entirely sure why. Maybe it was his nature - always there to help, to lend a hand. When the Rikti Invasion hit, he was out there, in the thick of it - all 135 pounds of him. Took a blast from a Rikti weapon, and that should have been that. But then...the voice...something from beyond the veil. A familiar one. A spirit of strength, of peace.  The Aurum Avi - the Golden Spirit. "You REALLY want to make a difference, Lari. Then make a difference!" Now imbued with the all-encompassing righteous spirit-fire, Ramirez accepted the mantle, taking up the defense of his City as SOULER!

[Costume is based on Golden Age hero, "Superhombre" {not kidding...Super...hombre...}]

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Big Country

Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

And then one day he was working on the farm,

And an alien bomb hit and did his family harm.

Rikti that is, monkeys, Infantry.

Well the first thing you know ole Jed's really mad,

The kinfolk said "You gotta get em lad!"

Said "Don’t worry bout us we’ll carry on"

So Jed loaded up the truck and moved to Paragon

City, that is. Hazard Zones, Archvillains.

• Banjo 1

Brief descriptions for a few of my characters (should really get around to adding them in-game): 

Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper)

Robert Fitzpatrick was part of a team developing a shield against alien attacks when an explosion caused by a Rikti bomb threw him into a null-time field. Stuck for what seemed like an eternity but was in reality only a fraction of a second, he 'eventually' managed to gain some measure of control over the null-time field. Now he can pop between real-time and null-time allowing him to easily avoid attacks, move instantly between locations and fight crime as the superhero Flitz.  

Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster)

What happens to all those alien weapons and weird tech captured from super villians? Paragon Police Department has a special division dedicated to making those devices safe. But when some trolls broke into one of their facilities, [Lead Hose] grabbed whatever she could including a strange alien gun that she can summon from a pocket dimension at a thought. Capable of reconfiguring itself to fire a range of munitions, she uses it to make the streets safe for ordinary citizens.  

Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute)

Born with horns and hooved feet, [Red Rag] was abandoned by his parents who thought he was a demon. Brought up in an orphanage for mutant kids, he fell in with the wrong crowd and his short temper which triggers his flaming aura got him into regular trouble with the law. He ended up in and out of the Zig and now wreaks havoc as the Supervillianous Red Rag.

Edited by NotsoevilDM
  • Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

I usually write something small out to fit with my character concepts, but this gave me an opportunity to refine them with the most recent stories I've written for them. A small handful:

Lockely - Vigilante, Bots/FF MM:

Spoiler

An arctic fox with a cool gaze, a winning smile, and set of clockwork prosthetics. His brass armor and blue jumpsuit are stained with splashes of oil and grease. Never far from his side are his personally built mechanical companions. Part bodyguards, part snarky traveling companions, their blasters pack a serious punch. 

Rumor has it that his true heritage lies not on Primal Earth, but its Praetorian counterpart. Others swear he was once a two-bit villain who reformed after a serious run-in with some hero types. Regardless, he calls Paragon City home and fights to protect her citizens daily. He's earned the nickname "Clockwork Fox" by some residents, though he prefers to simply go by his own name. 

RP Insights -

Registered heros/enterprising villains with access to the various databases that log superpowered folks may find find a few things:

- He definitely is Praetorian.
- Is wanted by Arachnos for stealing technology from Black Scorpion.
- His biological profile shows brute force genetic splicing.

Clocke - Villain, War Mace/Shield Def Brute

Spoiler

Once upon a time, Clocke was known by another name, a name unrighteously stolen from him by an interloper from Praetoria. More specifically, his Praetorian counterpart Lockely shortly after the hero's extrication from that doomed universe. The two battled it out, Lockely seeking to clear his name of Clocke's crimes, and Clocke simply trying to remove this imposter from his sight. 

The Praetorian managed to eke out a victory over the villain, sending him to the Zig and taking his identity for his own.

Clocke, of course, took this personally. He took Arachnos' offer and fled to the Rogue Isles, where he trains and grows his power in a bid to out-do his do-gooder doppleganger and take his name back where it belongs.

He is no stranger to life on the opposite side of the law. Born in Oranbega, his parents ex-mages of the Circle of Thorns, his vulpine visage is a result of their dealings with demonic forces. Upon the return of Lilitu, his mother spirited him away before their Mu bloodline could be discovered.

The Auric Bombardier - Hero, Arsenal Control/Sonic Dominator

Spoiler

Working for King Midas had perks, ones the Auric Bombardier didn’t take lightly. Access to high tech gadgets, a powerful flight pack, and all the finery one could lift from the wealthy denizens of Aeon City was enough to keep them satisfied… for a time.

But while all that glitters is gold, even the brightest shine loses its luster over time, and Auric sought bigger challenges than simply being a crony for a counterfeit King. Stealing away in the dead of night, they paid Malta a considerable amount of their savings to ride a transport to Paragon City.

Among the glistening, picturesque city skyline of Paragon, they had a change of heart. It was no wonder one might turn to a life of crime in the Rogue Isles, but here in the shining vestiges of a city defiant to those ways, it was easy to turn a new leaf. Now, the former Bricker fights alongside the heroes they once considered below them, using the high-tech gadgetry of Aeon’s brightest bandits for the protection of their new home.

Belenia - Rogue, Beast/Trick Arrow MM

Spoiler

Belenia was once your every day, law abiding citizen of Praetoria. She went to work, she paid her taxes, she got her coffee from the identical shop across the street from the other one because it was better. Until, one day, the cracks began to show, and her faith in Emperor Cole began to waver.

One thing led to another, and Belenia found herself scurrying through the tunnels in the belly of the city with a team of 'blueberries' in tow. Her resolve now focused on bringing down Cole and returning Praetoria to its rightful heirs, the people! And then Scott bombed the Enriche plant and the clean water dried up. Thus was her faith in the Resistance broken and she found herself a rebel without a cause.

She fled the city to the outskirts, to the First Ward, and it was there she encountered the Talons of Vengeance. There she vowed to punish the oathbreakers: Cole, Scott, and the rest. Through the Talons she would avenge Praetoria.

Edited by Lockely
Had so much fun I made a fourth
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

I tend to be long winded. Would you believe it?   Luckily for you folks my CoH is on a diff comp than i do almost everything else on. And I am just gonna type this on my phone….

1st) inspired by CoH.  A young guy starts working out while going to comm college and working as entry level security. Night guard and stuff.  He starts taking enhancers and finally steroids to make gains. He also starts drinking heavily and taking painkillers.  From there he slips inti the CoH underworld and starts buying street drugs. Dyne.  Oxy.  Then Excelsior.  And any street drugs he could get, uppers downers all-arounders.  Then he found a scientist who helped him “perfect” the Exelsior-SuperaDyne mix he was using.  Only problem was it left him the walking dead.  But damn was he big.  Serious Rage issues though. SS Invul Brute.  

2nd) and very simple.  Street criminal who wales up as a vampire.  No idea who turned him or why.  Various ATS and powersets.  Dark/Invul and Dark Dark Brute mostly.  Some others. 

3rd) same vampire some thousand years in the future.  Long since forsaken all company and delved the last 700 years through magical libraries seeking power.  Reduced, by the magics he perfected, to just a skull floating around his book filled hideaway. He comes to realize that the Menders in Paragon had shrouded and enclosed a section of the space time continuum.   Where there was much knowledge to be had.  He animates a suit of armor and binds it to himself as a body.  Then he uses most of his power  to travel back through time to Paragon. Where he will discover all that is hidden.  Ice/Dark/Dark Corruptor and my current main.  

Edited by Snarky

I realized that posting existing bios didn't really count towards the challenge, so I found someone who didn't have one yet and finally got around to making one for her. Maybe I'll find two others without bios and get inspired.

Sassafras Songstress - Blue - Magic Symphony/Nature Controller

Spoiler

Luther Lane (short order cook) and his fiancee Sophia Sayer (bartender) were heading back home to New Orleans from a cousin's wedding in Maine and decided to swing by Paragon City for some sightseeing. While in Talos Island they got selfies with both the Minotaur statue and the Ghost Ship in the background.

Except it wasn't the Ghost Ship. It was a raid by ghost pirates and their captain, the infamous Sea Witch. When it was over, dozens of crates of magical urns, boots and rings had been stolen from a Pandora's Box warehouse. Luther and 12 other civilians had been killed as well: their souls sucked out and shanghaied into spectral slavery.

As the pirate ship faded in the distance, Sophia watched. Devastated. Her eyes filled with hot tears, her arms filled with Luther's cold corpse. She vowed vengeance. She vowed justice. And a small seed of magic began to take root in her heart and grow...

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:46 PM, DougGraves said:

Every character has a spot for a description, but looking at characters in-game very few actually have a description written out.

So to start off the weekly challenges here is an easy one - write a description for 3 of your characters in their in-game description spot.  You can post them here as well if you like.

All my characters have "bio" before they zone into THE CITY.

All 150+ of them.

Mine generally have a couple of formats.

x gained their powers this way.

x started using their powers because.

x does y.

x's life was like this.

Things changed to x when y

Now X, does this.

Are you reading this?

I don't know if I should be telling you about my life or not.

No don't go expose yourself to radiation/get experimented on by Long Bow/learn magic from the CoT, .... and don't go wandering round dark alleys and get bit by @Snarky in order to get superpowers!

Okay, so maybe that is how I got my superpowers, but it's not a good idea to try it! You'll get yourself killed!

Or something like that ... they don't all fit into any of those frameworks and, no, @Snarky isn't in any of my characters' origin stories ... even the vampire ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

This was a good reminder for me, and this week I added a number of backgrounds for characters I just hadn't gotten around to yet.  Thanks!

On 2/18/2024 at 1:38 PM, Greycat said:

There's always Hellion Keller:

This was my take!:

Spoiler

Screenshot(98).png.8cae6350bca15d85b5ab2c3e4a13a726.png

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?