Incarnate Abilities: the complete set

Just curious:  Knowing we have people with hundreds/thousands of veteran levels, has anyone pushed well beyond having one power in each of the 6 incarnate slots, instead shooting to complete every power at both maximum options?   If so, has anyone actually achieved that?

My farmers is at like 1950 vet levels. I've not crafted everything, because well, not interested. But I have crafted well beyond one power for each slot on that character. Mostly wanted to see what each T4 Destiny, Interface and Hybrid was like. Unless you have a TON of alts grinding constantly, and run incarnate content constantly, the lack of empyreans gets to you. I think that may be more a factor of the incarnate system UX being exhausting. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Techwright said:

If so, has anyone actually achieved that?

I am fairly certain it has been done, years ago even. I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

EDIT - Found it (from Oct 2019):

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11739-all-hail-your-new-insect-t4-incarnate-overlord/

Edited by AboveTheChemist
found the thread
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have some toons that have multiple of each, so that I can switch as needed depending on the circumstances at hand.  If I have extra salvage lying about not being used, I'll craft something else for the heck of it, even if I never use it.  But it's a waste to try to get every single one - like, why get the control Hybrid when you're not on a controller or dom and have no mez powers?  

• Like 1

I never did the math, I’ve never really crafted more than 2-3 different T4’s for each of the 6 incarnates.  And honestly, never really had the need to switch between them other than a few times swapping out something like Destiny>Barrier for Destiny>Clarion.  Once you hit T4, and are running with other T4’d IO’d out characters, there’s not much other than maybe Hamidon, Mothership Raid and Magisterium/Tyrant that requires a lot of coordination or ‘special tactics’ in this game.

For a long time, just farmed Emps from Heather’s mission by speedrunning it over and over again.  That’s usually been earlier on when I made some bad choices for T4’s before I really understood there’s a meta thing and only a few really matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

And honestly, never really had the need to switch between them other than a few times swapping out something like Destiny>Barrier for Destiny>Clarion.

Right.  If someone is going all the way in Incarnate crafting, it's far more for just something to do, than for a genuine need.  Especially since some of the options are more specific to certain character builds.  I just started asking myself regarding the character's future self: given that much time, would the character not possess all options (those that we know)?

• Game Master

I generally take Ageless/ incan and pyronic/ion as a set of tier 4 choices, as I'll run leagues occasionally in events like Halloween and Mapserver. Lores I've tried most of them at some point, and while there are great ones like BP and lousy ones like Tsoo I generally go with the smaller ones like Polar Lights (which is rather good) or Knives of Vengeance which have some nice debuffs. Talons is good too. The appeal of having a huge robot or monstrous entity wears off when you can't see or get through doors because the pet is in the way 🙂 

I suppose it depends on your play style. For someone who only plays one character and has the "gotta have them all" thing going on then it can be a goal you set yourself. For someone like me I swap between characters and have no firm favourite. Just what I fancy playing today. So trying to get every incarnate ability would be as frustrating as trying to get all the badges. For you it's a fun goal, for me it's a painful experience 😉 

• Thumbs Up 1

If you like small Lore pets, check out the robotic drones.  They are great as they fly, stay at range, do energy damage with a side of -regen, and don't have any knockback like the polar lights do.  On defenders with the ATO procs, they become extra sturdy with the periodic heals and absorb because they stick right at your side to accept the buffs.

• Like 2

Hey on the Incarnate what is the wisest way to spend the E merits? Only on T4s or only on certain T4s? Buddy of mine said they are hard to come by so I've not wanted to use them this early, only at Vet level 11. Reason I'm asking is I wanna craft the T4 Ageless but can never get the very rare Alloy to drop.

Edited by WuTang

18 minutes ago, WuTang said:

what is the wisest way to spend the E merits? Only on T4s or only on certain T4s? Buddy of mine said they are hard to come by so I've not wanted to use them this early, only at Vet level 11.

It depends on how often you do incarnate content that gives empyreals. My rule of thumb is that it is always okay to spend them on rare (T3) and very rare (T4) salvage components but also reasonable to wait to see what your luck is like. I never spend them on threads unless I'm very confident that my primary build for a character is just about done. 

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alpha, many start with Cardiac if I haven't gotten my sets in, but then something else replaces it later.

Interface, usually just the one

Judgement: I'll sometimes have a couple different ones

Most of my chars wind up with a variety of Destiny so that whichever is most appropriate for the task at hand.  Many have all, and a few have two of each side of the T4.

Lore: Maybe two different on some

Hybrid, Melee & Assault are on almost all my melee chars, less likely to have multiples on other ATs