More Nature types please

We have AT with choices for fire,  cold, earth, electricity.  But for nature, we got one type.  I'd am suggesting that I would like to see more nature themed powers.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Yeah... need to be a bit more specific on what you're looking for. 

We've got  (since you're ignoring elemental effects) - 

Plant control

Nature affinity

Beast Mastery

Arguable:

Savage Melee

Spines (kinda-sorta) 

Bio armor, *maybe.* 

What are you looking for? A "nature blast?" Wood armor? 

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 hours ago, Vanden said:

Does Plant Control not count? I'm assuming that by "Nature types" you mean Nature Affinity.

No.  If I want to be a mage, I got a lot of choices (see list above).  If you want nature, you one flavor per primary and one per secondary.  Basically, two flavors of vanilla.

I'd like to see variety.  

5 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

No.  If I want to be a mage, I got a lot of choices (see list above).  If you want nature, you one flavor per primary and one per secondary.  Basically, two flavors of vanilla.

I'd like to see variety.  

Gonna have to be a little more specific here when fire, lightning, ice, water, storms, and earth are all naturally-occurring phenomena. What are you defining as "nature", and what would that look like?

• Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring game designer and minotaur main.

Anyone can tear something down. The true talent is building it back up again, better than before.

My collection of powerset suggestions - open to comments and feedback!

9 hours ago, Greycat said:

Plant control

Nature affinity

Beast Mastery

Arguable:

Savage Melee

Spines (kinda-sorta) 

Bio armor, *maybe.* 

I don't know if I would call beast mastery nature.  What don't want is:  Hey, time to roll another nature alt:  Plant control and Nature affinity again.  Compare this to:  Hey I want to roll a mage type (didn't say blaster<--added for the idiots who think I did) we got:  fire, electric, ice, stone, dark, force, energy, psych, radiation, sonic, water.  <- I'd like to see that kind of variety in a nature aspect.

The arguable ones: no.

one has variety to me.  The other doesn't.  

But the point might be moot.  Perhaps nature isn't wanted.  who would want to see a nature MM running around with mushroom mobs.  Vines are so much more ___SOMETHING___

• Thumbs Down 1

... you're still going to have to be more specific on what you want, then. Since honestly I'm not sure why you're not considering beast a "nature" set when everything in it calls on and buffs things from the natural world - animals.

You obviously don't mean "natural" as in the origin, even though that somewhat sounds like what you're describing with the "If I want to roll a mage, I've got fire, ice, etc." (Which... you can also use the nature themed sets for that, as well, and the ones you listed for most anything else - they're fairly generic, so as to let the user come up with their own explanation as to why the player has that ability.)

So... let's tackle this differently.

There's nothing as far as melee that I think anyone can call "nature based."  What would you want in a "nature melee" or "nature armor" set? What would it look like?

What *about* that Nature Sentinel or Nature Blaster? Describe what would fit what *you're* looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Beast Mastery is all about commanding nature, so how is that not a nature set? It's like an uber Ranger, Hunter, or Druid class in fantasy lore. Like @Greycat said, what exactly are you looking for as a nature set? Because the carve outs for what you don't consider nature has me thoroughly baffled.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

excuse me poison set would like a word..............

While Poison trap is possibly the most skippable power of the set, it does feel very much "not nature" It looks like a glass ball.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Greycat said:

Plant control

Nature affinity

Beast Mastery

Arguable:

Savage Melee

Spines (kinda-sorta) 

Bio armor, *maybe.* 

Blaster: Seismic Blast, Storm Blast, Water Blast/ Earth Manipulation, Plant Manipulation

Controller: Earth Control, Plant Control / Poison, Nature Affinity

Corruptor: Seismic Blast, Storm Blast, Water Blast/ Poison, Nature Affinity

Defender: See Corruptor

Dominator: Earth Control, Plant Control/ Earth Assault, Thorny Assault.

2 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Blaster: Seismic Blast, Storm Blast, Water Blast/ Earth Manipulation, Plant Manipulation

Controller: Earth Control, Plant Control / Poison, Nature Affinity

Corruptor: Seismic Blast, Storm Blast, Water Blast/ Poison, Nature Affinity

Defender: See Corruptor

Dominator: Earth Control, Plant Control/ Earth Assault, Thorny Assault.

They seemed like they wer avoiding elemental sets, so I skipped sets that were like that. (Yes, I know, water's not an element.)

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

They seemed like they wer avoiding elemental sets, so I skipped sets that were like that. (Yes, I know, water's not an element.)

Fair, that's kind of why I skipped fire, ice, and electricity. Though, I did forget Storm support set too.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:51 AM, wjrasmussen said:

I'd like to see variety.  

You want a nature theme, but not animal summoning, elemental, or weather control. Have I got that right?

So what do you want? Could you give us an example of what you want to see?

6 hours ago, strangething said:

So what do you want? Could you give us an example of what you want to see?

By now, I think the answer to that question is "no."

What about an Autumnal Blast or a Leaf Armor?  Some sort of slashing wind set that uses bits and bobs from the leafy path animation?  Or, if that's too narrow for a whole power set, maybe seasonal powers?  Leaves/Lethal/DoTs for Fall, Flowers/Toxic/Disorient for Spring, Sunshafts/Fire/Blind for Summer, and Icicles/Cold/Slow for Winter?  Spans a lot of damage types like Dual Pistols does, but wouldn't spend much time on any one of them.

Edited by ThatGuyCDude
The damage type is "Lethal", not "Slashing". Doh!