The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Reported?

Too many puns in this thread. I'm repotting you all.

repotting-a-plant.jpg

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

• Game Master
3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Bottom left corner of the bag.

003719518.jpg

POTATO CHIPS! Not Crisps!

... and a boot is footwear and not the trunk of a car.

What side of the pond are you on?!

See, this is why Lays aren't sold in the UK. If the bag says chips I expect chips not crisps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

See, this is why Lays aren't sold in the UK. If the bag says chips I expect chips not crisps

Indeed. THIS is a bag of chips....

bag-of-chips.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4505d360

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

8 minutes ago, Herotu said:

In fairness, Wright's Fish and Chips in Georgia, USA won best overseas operator at the National Fish and Chip Awards this year.

Wouldn't they call it Fish and Crisps in the US?

2 hours ago, Herotu said:

Indeed. THIS is a bag of chips....

bag-of-chips.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4505d360

I don't think I've ever seen anything that looks like that mess of butchered fried potatoes

wendys-mcdonalds-french-fries-mc-220712-

"French fries

"Fries" and "Hot chips" redirect here. For other uses, see Fries (disambiguation) and Hot chips (disambiguation).

French fries

Alternative names Chips, finger chips, fries, frites, hot chips, steak fries, slap chips

...French fries (North American English), chips (British English and other national varieties),[1] finger chips (Indian English),[2] french-fried potatoes, or simply fries are batonnet or allumette-cut[3] deep-fried potatoes of disputed origin from Belgium or France. They are prepared by cutting potatoes into even strips, drying them, and frying them, usually in a deep fryer. Pre-cut, blanched, and frozen russet potatoes are widely used, and sometimes baked in a regular or convection oven; air fryers are small convection ovens marketed for frying potatoes.

French fries are served hot, either soft or crispy, and are generally eaten as part of lunch or dinner or by themselves as a snack, and they commonly appear on the menus of diners, fast food restaurants, pubs, and bars. They are often salted and may be served with ketchup, vinegar, mayonnaise, tomato sauce, or other sauces. Fries can be topped more heavily, as in the dishes of poutine, loaded fries or chili cheese fries. French fries can be made from sweet potatoes instead of potatoes. A baked variant, oven fries, uses less or no oil.[4]..." - wiki

But I go for potato wedges over fries and usually over mashed potatoes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc5TxkyvR-r1I0zp0tO5w

Can we agree on mashed potatoes?!

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, Lines said:

Wouldn't they call it Fish and Crisps in the US?

well ... it looks like this ...

194de9_c1e683d368cc454d9adf71dfc5a7f63d~

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

15 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

Vinegar, ketchup, gravy or curry gravy with your chips? 

Curry gravy? We wouldn't call it curry gravy. From the chippy, we would call it curry sauce.

• Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

8 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I am not taking food naming instructions from people who are delighted by beans on toast.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

This video has an American delighted by beans on toast.

Also: "Biscuits and Gravy for Breakfast" - Everything about that sentence is wrong, even if the biscuits aren't really biscuits.

On 4/15/2024 at 10:54 AM, Xaddy said:

So, maybe I said something I was supposed to. Not real sure. Someone said something to me, irritated me, so I let 'em have it. 
Now, they say I'm "reported". 

So...let's say whoever looks at this report decides I'm awful and deserve to be banned or suspended or whatever...do they tell me in an email, send a note to my global? 
Anyone know what that looks like? 

So people love to do this where they try and gaslight and be insulting while being condescending without it being obvious then they get their friends involved in chat and act like they are part of the masses and all target you, and try and report you after your best bet is to ignore them all because they are all likely in on it. Then you have the weirdos who only read one sentence and assume your the troll. Its been happening in mmos for years its just now becoming more obvious to people.

This backwards narrative where the victims are the trolls for simply defending themselves never made sense, it is pure narcissism no matter how one tries to justify attacking the person defending, it does not matter if you like their comments or not, they are not the bully and just because you think that adds to the problem does not mean the problems go away at all in fact they get worse when they are not called out.

Edited by StarseedWarrior

5 hours ago, Herotu said:

This video has an American delighted by beans on toast.

Also: "Biscuits and Gravy for Breakfast" - Everything about that sentence is wrong, even if the biscuits aren't really biscuits.

Do I really need to link all the incredibly common videos of Brits actually trying biscuits and gravy (or really any American cuisine) and loving it?  I am sure there is at least an order of magnitude difference in such things despite there being five times as many Americans who could try British cuisine than vice versa.

Edit: Guess I should give you a link to Brits just short of losing their mind over biscuits and gravy: 

:classic_biggrin:

Pretty sure the entire reason the British Empire existed was the desperate search for actually good food to eat. 

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:20 PM, Sanguinesun said:

Vinegar, ketchup, gravy or curry gravy with your chips? 

Don't get me started.  My girlfriend keeps finding the weirdest potato chips.  The most recent find was 'Basil Pesto Potato Chips'.  I can't even.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

26 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Don't get me started.  My girlfriend keeps finding the weirdest potato chips.  The most recent find was 'Basil Pesto Potato Chips'.  I can't even.

IMG_1942copy.jpg?v=1620738909

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:29 PM, GM Crumpet said:

So, no Brasses in UK?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: