When I say....

Posted (edited)

When I say, "You know they do not rez if you are not standing near them when they die?" it is not a question, but a hint you should perahps not stand near the Super Stunner when, well...they are ABOUT TO DIE!

Normally I am fine if a person decides they want to invoke endurance drain on themselves along with some damage, but thow in someone using knockback (Did I mention I was playing the Tanker?) and going down once because the heal which would have kept me standing did not hit anyone because suddenly everything flew away from me?

Normally I find complaints about PUGs overblown on the forums, but yeesh...19 defeats (including a TPK) doing a Yin--Yins I did twice before on the same character with no defeats (at lower levels) and a total of three the last time?

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That TF has been a pain in the Yang lately. You must've been running with the same "CLICK EVERYTHING NOW!" teams I've been on. 

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

When I say, "You know they do not rez if you are not standing near them when they die?" it is not a question, but a hint you should perahps not stand near the Super Stunner when, well...they are ABOUT TO DIE!

Normally I am fine if a person decides they want to invoke endurance drain on themselves along with some damage, but thow in someone using knockback (Did I mention I was playing the Tanker?) and going down once because the heal which would have kept me standing did not hit anyone because suddenly everything flew away from me?

Normally I find complaints about PUGs overblown on the forums, but yeesh...19 defeats (including a TPK) doing a Yin--Yins I did twice before on the same character with no defeats (at lower levels) and a total of three the last time?

Sounds like the tanks fault

image.gif.fa03bc6295e21e3e322bbb8fb6c56f95.gif

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Actually, they do. Super Stunners rez based on the percentage of health damage they took while someone was in melee range (~10-ish feet?), even if that damage was entirely delivered by ranged attacks. So if someone moved next to them at any point and stayed there for more than a second or two, they'll still rez. It has nothing to do with adjacency on death.

I think a lot of people don't realize how that mechanic works and just assume they rez every time. It might be worth actually explaining their rez mechanic as you go to help cut down on confusion.

• Like 1

19 deaths on the yin sounds like the 35 deaths yesterday on a pug KM ITF that the leader set to +4. The leader was an under slotted or SO slotted blaster that was lvl 50. I was on my arsenal/sonic permadom. Everyone else was under 50 and being super sk'd up. Brute, scrapper, 2x corruptors, another blaster, and a sentinel.

We completed it. Albeit the team had 35 deaths. One of those was mine as I grabbed a beer and after watching quite a few people die. The Brute had tried to take the alpha at first but wasn't that sturdy, so the team eventually  adapted to me taking point with the domi (popping sleep made/smoke canister and then start to murder them) before really getting in on the action.

It sounds like Snarky would of loved to be on your Yin and my ITF.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Actually, they do. Super Stunners rez based on the percentage of health damage they took while someone was in melee range (~10-ish feet?), even if that damage was entirely delivered by ranged attacks. So if someone moved next to them at any point and stayed there for more than a second or two, they'll still rez. It has nothing to do with adjacency on death.

I think a lot of people don't realize how that mechanic works and just assume they rez every time. It might be worth actually explaining their rez mechanic as you go to help cut down on confusion.

This is not true.... it is being within range of them when they die.  It has nothing to do with taking damage while someone is melee range.  I've knocked Super Stunners away from melee toons that have been wailing on them for a while, and then killed them without them rezzing.  

I've also been the melee toon hitting the Super Stunner and have walked away from it to let the ranged toons finish it off,  as well as I have used my Nemmy staff to knock it away and finish it off with Black Wand or another ranged attack... it still doesn't rez.  

By what you are saying, any of these scenarios would still have them rez, but they actually do not.  It is purely, if anyone is in range of them upon their death, they will rez. 

It's like the Dark rez and Dark self rezzes that require a foe within range to rez.  It's jus the Super Stunners' rez is auto hit where ours require a tohit check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Super Stunner resurrection is IMO one of those things that takes more mental bandwidth to be concerned about than it does to simply defeat them a second time. It's not like every Player, Henchmen, and Pet is going to get away from every Super Stunner. IIRC the rez still requires an enemy ToHit roll.

There are SG base buffs that can be crafted before starting the Yin TF.

5 minutes ago, tidge said:

The Super Stunner resurrection is IMO one of those things that takes more mental bandwidth to be concerned about than it does to simply defeat them a second time. It's not like every Player, Henchmen, and Pet is going to get away from every Super Stunner. IIRC the rez still requires an enemy ToHit roll.

There are SG base buffs that can be crafted before starting the Yin TF.

Actually the MM in the group was doing a masterful job of keeping their pets away from the Summers. The Brute however had a wholly different idea.

"Simply kill them again"  is a difficult thing when you're out of endurance because they've drained you...at least judging by the defeats.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

19 deaths on the yin sounds like the 35 deaths yesterday on a pug KM ITF that the leader set to +4. The leader was an under slotted or SO slotted blaster that was lvl 50

I enjoy KM ITF, and I enjoy +4 ITF, but I'm not doing the latter until I know I can survive if I am playing a melee. On non-melee characters I want whomever is tanking to be survivable, as determined by checking out their character info.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

I enjoy KM ITF, and I enjoy +4 ITF, but I'm not doing the latter until I know I can survive if I am playing a melee. On non-melee characters I want whomever is tanking to be survivable, as determined by checking out their character info.

Well as a Domi I was the most survivable. I honestly didn't even realize it was +4 until the second mish when I realized how many people were dying. I was drinking Dragon's Milk and watching Disney's Tom and Huck as she had never seen it.

OP, it sounds like people standing near super stunners, (or w/e they're called), when they die is the least of your worries on that TF.  Frankly, that's just extra XP for any normal team...

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

25 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Maybe I *want* to kill them twice for double the XP!

Yeah, xp which won't even dent the debt the defeats are causing. 

Something about penny wise and pound foolish.

I'm with Tidge. It's more work to worry about not triggering the rez... although it sounds like you had a rough time. I just hold my nose and hope that my AoE defense is good enough to stop it or I've got end protection on the resist set. I also stick around to clean up the mess so guys aren't rezzing and then I'm running off, if I see 'em pop I'm killing 'em.

1 minute ago, Duckbutts said:

I'm with Tidge. It's more work to worry about not triggering the rez... although it sounds like you had a rough time. I just hold my nose and hope that my AoE defense is good enough to stop it or I've got end protection on the resist set. I also stick around to clean up the mess so guys aren't rezzing and then I'm running off, if I see 'em pop I'm killing 'em.

Yes, because at level 20 people have incredible AoE defense and everyone is running one of a limited set of armor sets. 

It just is not that hard, especially with ranged attacks on the team, to avoid the stunners.

• Game Master

Those debt badges don't earn themselves you know 😛 

I feel your pain though. I've been in pugs where we have been outmatched, and others where we sailed through. The difficulty setting is the key, and +4 can be rough if the team isn't as experienced or slotted as you'd like. A combination of things can make a fun TF into a nightmare slog you just want to end.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, tidge said:

The rez does not require a tohitroll. If you're completely overkill on endurance it may be worth just doing nothing. But if you don't, the rez may very well nuke your toggles and even cause a wipe in otherwise weakened teams.

Simple heuristic: if you're confident, enjoy the double XP. If you're not, hop away.

Posted (edited)

Oh. Am I overbuilding? Do I need to start recruiting for my 4* Penny Yin, 1 death = delete character?

Edit: Here is the CoD entry for the power. https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=freakshow.super_stunner.reserve_power&at=boss_grunt I don't see any autohit tags on it. Could be the entry is wrong, could be the rez always goes even if the drain does not. It's also a numbers game, and as long as it hits one person, the stunner gets up. 

Edited by Duckbutler

1 hour ago, Duckbutler said:

Edit: Here is the CoD entry for the power. https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=freakshow.super_stunner.reserve_power&at=boss_grunt I don't see any autohit tags on it. Could be the entry is wrong, could be the rez always goes even if the drain does not. It's also a numbers game, and as long as it hits one person, the stunner gets up. 

It's there on the bottom left: "Entities Autohit: Foe (Alive)".

What I'd love is if everybody took Nemesis Staff from the S.T.A.R.T. vendor and then used it on these jerks.  I do this when I am tanking to try to punt them away from the team.  Even if it doesn't completely prevent their rez, it often results in them hitting fewer teammates and thus doing less damage and earning the Stunner fewer hit points on the rez so you don't have to completely kill them twice.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Snarky said:

Pin on Looney Tunes

hairy lady beating the.. camel they rode in on?!  what this mean? I must know!

were you going for 'beating a dead horse'?

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

14 minutes ago, Troo said:

hairy lady beating the.. camel they rode in on?!  what this mean? I must know!

were you going for 'beating a dead horse'?

Now I really feel old.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2