Show all day jobs in the drop down list

I get that some we were supposed to "find", but I feel like we're long beyond this nonsense now. Just populate the list with all of the day jobs, both earned and unearned, so we don't have to spend half an afternoon cross referencing lists to figure out where next to move our alts.

Some things really don't need to be a time sink. This is one of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

I agree it would be helpful if they where there, but in the mean time we have badge collecting pop menus that would help out. I don't remember if ATCs has tips on Day Jobs specifically, but he's not the only one that made a popmenu. If you ask, he may add them in though.

ATC's pop menu certainly has this, as shown below. The tiny macro button, where all you see is the "Po" before the pop menu covers it up is what I click to show this: 
image.png.5da04020c9a7d2f5f6cf2c80f7de0ebf.png

Now, it would certainly be useful to have a zone or some other specific /loc with a zone reference, but this nifty pop menu that ATC put together is already fantastic and I wouldn't dream of asking for more than they've already put together. 

That said, it would be useful if HC actually incorporated these pop menus into the game the same way they put the Fast Travel Pop Menu in the game.

This thing here: image.png.d98d07464f45b2ca57f5b6ec0e488c8a.png

If they can do it for the teleporters, not sure why they can't do it for the badges. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The ATC menu is great as is because some of us like to modify it for our own purposes.   However, it would be easy to put together a Dayjob menu that had the descriptions of where to go for the various locations. I don't use the DJ portion much except to double check I did get them all when I think I'm done and sometimes I forgot that I needed to switch alignment to finalize it.

The trick is, there are several different locations for most of the day jobs.  And weirdly some spots that show the icon, but will not get you the job progress.  Spots like the vault in Pocket D that when you log back in, you'll pop out a door in the club instead finding you got progress on clubber instead of banker.

I'm pretty CDO about my day jobs, all my characters get all of them, so I have my favorite spots for a bunch of them.

The wiki does a decent job though looking at it, could be made a little more helpful to be one page, but clicking on the next page for the various job locations gives good detail.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Day_Job_Badges

6 hours ago, Ukase said:

ATC's pop menu certainly has this, as shown below. The tiny macro button, where all you see is the "Po" before the pop menu covers it up is what I click to show this: 
image.png.5da04020c9a7d2f5f6cf2c80f7de0ebf.png

Now, it would certainly be useful to have a zone or some other specific /loc with a zone reference, but this nifty pop menu that ATC put together is already fantastic and I wouldn't dream of asking for more than they've already put together. 

That said, it would be useful if HC actually incorporated these pop menus into the game the same way they put the Fast Travel Pop Menu in the game.

This thing here: image.png.d98d07464f45b2ca57f5b6ec0e488c8a.png

If they can do it for the teleporters, not sure why they can't do it for the badges. 

Where do I get this popmenu?

13 minutes ago, biostem said:

TBH, I just don't get it - isn't referring to wikis or other such online guides pretty much a staple of play nowadays?

Why should we need a popmenu or a wiki - when half the list is already available ingame?  Just populate the whole list.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Why should we need a popmenu or a wiki - when half the list is already available ingame?

Because you are supposed to find out what locations grant progress toward which day jobs - not everything needs to be handed to the players as if we're incapable of discovering things on our own.

11 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Just populate the whole list.

Or, players can find stuff out for themselves, or should they not want to do that, do a little research online.  Or, *shudders* ask around and actually communicate with other players.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 5/13/2024 at 9:02 PM, Captain Fabulous said:

I get that some we were supposed to "find", but I feel like we're long beyond this nonsense now. Just populate the list with all of the day jobs, both earned and unearned, so we don't have to spend half an afternoon cross referencing lists to figure out where next to move our alts.

Some things really don't need to be a time sink. This is one of them.

I was thinking this just the other day. Mostly because once you have more than a handful, it's actually hard to figure out which ones you're missing. There are all sorts of badge UI improvements the game could use (like searching the list) but just populating the Day Jobs tab would be pretty simple and helpful.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/20/2024 at 10:30 PM, BurtHutt said:

I just use the wiki. Yes, it's frustrating that it's not in the game but oh well.

The respec system is the other pain in the arse! 

More frustrating that there isn't a decent way to export your badges to an external doc so you can put it in a database or whatever. I've tried various settitle scripts. They have never worked - either they just don't work any more (delay between using a settitle command and the title actually being set and showing up in chatlog) or I'm doing something wrong that is not obviously diagnosable.

I don't have an issue looking things up on a wiki. I can't cross reference between my in-game status and the information on the wiki. It is unnecessarily cumbersome. Letting us export our badge list would be cool. Establishing good robust search and sort features in the badge menu would be cool. Those both require time and effort that the dev team really don't appear to have to spare. They are significant code changes. populating the badge list with all Day Jobs would be much *MUCH* easier for them, unless there is something truly outre in the coding under the hood for the badge menu - which is certainly possible, but even for CoH's legendary level of spaghetti code seems unlikely.

8 minutes ago, TheMoncrief said:

More frustrating that there isn't a decent way to export your badges to an external doc so you can put it in a database or whatever. <content removed for simplicity>

I can't cross reference between my in-game status and the information on the wiki. It is unnecessarily cumbersome. Letting us export our badge list would be cool.

Just use https://n15g.github.io/badger/.

As long as you make sure to export your character from the site to a word processor of some time to save, you can track your badges there. No, you can't just export your badges from CoX to the site, so you have to go in and manually tag all the badges you have on each character, but it has been of great help to me.

8 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

either they just don't work any more (delay between using a settitle command and the title actually being set and showing up in chatlog) or I'm doing something wrong that is not obviously diagnosable.

I use settitle binds quite frequently and haven't noticed any issues. If you'd like some help towards resolving the issue, feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/23/2024 at 12:25 AM, TheMoncrief said:

More frustrating that there isn't a decent way to export your badges to an external doc so you can put it in a database or whatever. I've tried various settitle scripts. They have never worked - either they just don't work any more (delay between using a settitle command and the title actually being set and showing up in chatlog) or I'm doing something wrong that is not obviously diagnosable.

I don't have an issue looking things up on a wiki. I can't cross reference between my in-game status and the information on the wiki. It is unnecessarily cumbersome. Letting us export our badge list would be cool. Establishing good robust search and sort features in the badge menu would be cool. Those both require time and effort that the dev team really don't appear to have to spare. They are significant code changes. populating the badge list with all Day Jobs would be much *MUCH* easier for them, unless there is something truly outre in the coding under the hood for the badge menu - which is certainly possible, but even for CoH's legendary level of spaghetti code seems unlikely.

On 5/23/2024 at 8:48 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

I use settitle binds quite frequently and haven't noticed any issues. If you'd like some help towards resolving the issue, feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can.

I use Badger and their binds and also have never had a problem.