Absolute bestest “Hey everybody, lookit what I can do!” Single power animation/fx in the game

Crysis

Storm Blast's Direct Strike (Sniper).  You are pulling lightning from the sky and literally bringing it down on your enemy.  Its personal, its visceral and it is fully visualized.

Soul storm is pretty solid looking though, I cant deny.

Hail of Bullets form DP is also pretty nice, like when the Gunstar goes off in the Last Starfighter.  You see the moves and the pistols and the bullets, not just some blurry PBAoE

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

14 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Hail of Bullets form DP is also pretty nice, like when the Gunstar goes off in the Last Starfighter.  You see the moves and the pistols and the bullets, not just some blurry PBAoE

For the whippersnappers out there….

IMG_0346.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

the vorpal judgement power has a pretty unique animation, often overlooked during the chaos of battle

Vorpal -must- be taken by any Chuck Norris or Rambo-inspired characters.  Nothing says “LOOK AT ME AND TREMBLE” like roundhousing the ENTIRE SPAWN all at once.

1 hour ago, Crysis said:

Vorpal -must- be taken by any Chuck Norris or Rambo-inspired characters.  Nothing says “LOOK AT ME AND TREMBLE” like roundhousing the ENTIRE SPAWN all at once.

Blue Steel has Vorpal Judgement - but doesn't use it because it would make the fight "too one-sided".

I still like Thunderous Blast, even if we've got the various judgements. Just for the "Zap!" ... entire spawn twitches.... falls down in unison. It was satisfying when I first got it on my first Elec/Elec blaster back in the day, and it still is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Perhaps because I use them all the time on Flitz, I like the animations for Cobra Strike (palm strike to the smacker) and Eagles Claw (jump up and kick so hard that you backflip to land). I also recently noticed the animation for Energy Torrent (a sort of cross arm pull) which though understated looks cool.

And while it doesn't look like much, for pure orange numbers it has got to be Full Auto from AR on Lead Hose. 

• Like 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

2 hours ago, NotsoevilDM said:

Eagles Claw (jump up and kick so hard that you backflip to land.

Especially in 3-inch heels and a hot mini-skirt like my character Totally Cali.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

7 hours ago, Zhym said:

Ki Push. 

Everything else is fighting for second place.

I will admit that Ki Push coupled with an immediate follow-up from Executioner’s Shot (or Ki > Storm Kick > Executioner’s Shot) is one of the most satisfying -sequences- of animation out there.  Dripping style points.  But I still think Soul Storm looks so much more like a stage act than Ki Push by itself.

Sorry, not sorry…..

• Like 1

While mighty judgement is my vote for #1 for hopefully obvious reasons, I would like to nominate the snipe from power blast for #2.  The caster sinks into a deep ready position, uses the other hand to help steady the blasting hand, and then the blasting hand shakes several seconds while you are building up the blast.  Everything about that attack says "this is gonna hurt".

Lightning Rod is hellova way to make an entrance! Very satisfying as well!

Meteor from Siesmic has been mentioned, thats an impressive looking power! Way beyond awful to use but it looks very cool.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

3 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Also my favorite for sound fx.

This!  Spot on there.  I still wish Symphonic Control had sounds more akin to the harmonic reverb of awesome that this power makes.

Edited by High_Beam
spelling.

7 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

Hey Look At Me !!! I'm Not Daed !! I Was Just Faking It !!

Ta-da !!

yeah, i have it on my Fire^3 blaster.  i tend to go fire balls out attack on him all the time, built for damage, relying on inspirations and timing.  (and fast room clears)  when i make a mistake in the formula ROTP saves my bacon.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, NotsoevilDM said:

Perhaps because I use them all the time on Flitz, I like the animations for Cobra Strike (palm strike to the smacker) and Eagles Claw (jump up and kick so hard that you backflip to land). I also recently noticed the animation for Energy Torrent (a sort of cross arm pull) which though understated looks cool.

Eagle's Claw was the first thing that sprung to mind, but IMHO it's a slightly different reason. Most of these others mentioned project an appropriate image of raw power.  Eagle's Claw shows precision and stylish grace in movement.

• Like 1