The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

A new power (call it Style, Manner or Idiom) that accepts every kind of E

I bought myself a proc-type E that is supposed to apply a Power Up effect every so often, only it needs to sit in a power that takes To Hit Buff Enhancements. In all my Street Justice/Willpower possibilities I don't think I have any power where To Hit Buff can be slotted. If I want that effect, I have to take a power I don't need at all and don't mean to use, like that dart shooter from Medicine. Luckily, I have Medicine opened up long ago for the sake of Aid Self (bugged and doesn't go off half the time in a fight, by the way, even when not interrupted), so I don't have to waste a Pool pick on an irrelevant set, but that dart is useless to me. I am far past the point where weakening or boosting someone a little would be a tactic worth including. Yet I have to take either that or something else, probably equally useless, just for the sake of having slots of the right type for all those special-purpose Es.

This gives me an idea: why not make a new, inherent, passive power simply for the purpose of accepting every kind of E? Don't let it do anything, only accept all that may be slotted. Let it start with just one free slot, like every other power, or even, if you want to be tough on balance, none. The player will have to devote some slots to it. But that will be a way to define one's approach. Put a slot there for something special that requires a Damage power instead of turning over one of the six slots in the attack powers you are actually going to use. Better than sticking it in Brawl, ja? You can always find SOME kind of power  that allows Es of the right kind, my concern here is having to take lousy powers or useless pool picks just for the type.

Call this Style or Approach or Idiom or Devotion or Planning or Strategy or Penchant or Conditioning or Prayer or Introversion or Hidden Pockets or Stratagem or Horoscope or Grudge or Amalgam or Fate Dice or Accent or Cake. Call it Omega, and may Incarnate Veterans smell my farts.

• Thumbs Down 5

So you want a power that does absolutely nothing except slot enhancements so you can avoid choosing a power that is used for absolutely nothing except for slotting enhancements ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I used to believe you posted these wildly over-powered ideas because you were an over-the-top min/maxer.

But complaining because you bought a Gaussian's proc, couldn't figure out how Combat Readiness works, and worked yourself into a tizzy because you thought you'd have slot it in Injection (that won't work, by the way)... well, that's something entirely different.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

22 minutes ago, TheZag said:

So you want a power that does absolutely nothing except slot enhancements so you can avoid choosing a power that is used for absolutely nothing except for slotting enhancements ?

giphy.webp?cid=790b76114rxwq9dsxbfhfrxkp

/e poofgone

I don't think you're ever gonna see something like you're requesting OP. If you want the benefit of a specific type of set or proc, you will have to make a power choice that can slot it. That's just the cost of some procs and IO bonuses.

As for not having any place to slot Gaussian's proc, almost every melee attack set has a Build Up power it could go in; you also have access to Tactics from the Leadership pool, and all the melee ATs have access to at least one version of Focused Accuracy in their epics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

7 hours ago, temnix said:

I bought myself a proc-type E that is supposed to apply a Power Up effect every so often, only it needs to sit in a power that takes To Hit Buff Enhancements. In all my Street Justice/Willpower possibilities I don't think I have any power where To Hit Buff can be slotted.

https://midsreborn.com/

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

9 hours ago, temnix said:

I bought myself a proc-type E that is supposed to apply a Power Up effect every so often, only it needs to sit in a power that takes To Hit Buff Enhancements. In all my Street Justice/Willpower possibilities I don't think I have any power where To Hit Buff can be slotted. If I want that effect, I have to take a power I don't need at all and don't mean to use, like that dart shooter from Medicine. Luckily, I have Medicine opened up long ago for the sake of Aid Self (bugged and doesn't go off half the time in a fight, by the way, even when not interrupted), so I don't have to waste a Pool pick on an irrelevant set, but that dart is useless to me. I am far past the point where weakening or boosting someone a little would be a tactic worth including. Yet I have to take either that or something else, probably equally useless, just for the sake of having slots of the right type for all those special-purpose Es.

This gives me an idea: why not make a new, inherent, passive power simply for the purpose of accepting every kind of E? Don't let it do anything, only accept all that may be slotted. Let it start with just one free slot, like every other power, or even, if you want to be tough on balance, none. The player will have to devote some slots to it. But that will be a way to define one's approach. Put a slot there for something special that requires a Damage power instead of turning over one of the six slots in the attack powers you are actually going to use. Better than sticking it in Brawl, ja? You can always find SOME kind of power  that allows Es of the right kind, my concern here is having to take lousy powers or useless pool picks just for the type.

Call this Style or Approach or Idiom or Devotion or Planning or Strategy or Penchant or Conditioning or Prayer or Introversion or Hidden Pockets or Stratagem or Horoscope or Grudge or Amalgam or Fate Dice or Accent or Cake. Call it Omega, and may Incarnate Veterans smell my farts.

I'm going to have to vote no on this one, friend.  Sorry.  It's okay that some enhancements won't work with some powers and/or sets.  You've still got tons and tons of customization choices at your disposal.  There shouldn't be an expectation that the player is always going to get what they want when trying to slot enhancements.