Looking for AT advice

eljefe3126

I lol'd and then realized this might be a serious post.

So, here's the easiest version: play a CoH AT.

Boom. Solved.

If you were looking for more specifics, you'll have to be more specific.

It's like asking a mechanic to diagnose your car issues over the phone, on speaker, based on the sound. While you are talking. And kids are screaming.

It's an archive of a dead website, but I always start here: http://web.archive.org/web/20140625171903/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/

If you want to blast with -res, try sonic. If you want both -res and -regen, check out Beam Rifle. It has a lot of knockdown, -regen, -defense, and some -res.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Keep in mind that those attributes can be gained via Incarnate powers as part of the endgame experience.  I have an Earth/Earth Dominator, who had some mild debuffs, as a secondary to her attack powers.  But, when I took the right Incarnate power that incorporated -regen for every attack, well let's just say I am much happier with her offensive capabilities than I was before.

What was no more, is REBORN!

Ok, I understood this game system was flexible, but I'm only starting to grasp just how flexible.

What I'd like to do goes back to my question from the other day.  I'd like to take part in the smallest possible successful Hamidon raid.  As the number of participants gets smaller, is there any particular AT, build, or ability that becomes essential?  Or is it a matter of with the right incarnate adds, it could be done by any team of X characters, no matter what the builds?

-regen and -res are hard to find in significant amounts outside of support ATs, especially together. Maximum personal DPS is generally not found in the same character as major force multipliers. But depending on how you are willing to trade off those 3 things, here are a few options:

A /Sonic defender with your favorite primary for -regen. Thanks to Defender debuff modifiers, you'll actually do more damage than a Sonic/ corruptor, while also being a powerful force multiplier for anyone attacking the same target.

A Sonic/Mental blaster. Worse debuffs, but more personal DPS. Drain Psyche gives a beefy regen debuff.

A Beam Rifle sentinel. You get -25% res via Opportunity, a decent chunk of -regen from Disintegrate and Single Shot, and decent personal DPS.

A Bots/Traps MM. Plenty of DPS, strong - regen, and decent -res.

You can also get -regen from a Longbow Cataphract lore pet, although that's only up for 5 minutes every 15.

For the specific goal of a minimal Hami raid, I'm sure a well-selected team would help, but I'm not at all sure what the best setup is. It would depend on the rest of your team though.

A Bots/Traps MM. Plenty of DPS, strong - regen, and decent -res.

This is a good thought.  I was going to point out that Bots has a pretty fair amount of -regen once you get the Tier 3 pet, and pair it with traps is pretty strong and has -res.  I wouldn't call this build "maximum dps" but it'll be pretty strong and useful for most content.

The disadvantage is that you really have to manage your pets or you can be a hindrance or at least annoyance to your team.

I would honestly look at Ill/rad. Has -res and -regen. One of the safest support builds and high damage with relative safety.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

As always, I'm gonna say /Dark or /Cold powersets, and you can accomplish those in Controller (preferred by me) or Corruptors, or inversely in Defenders. Both have a lot of debuffs, and a rather heavy -regen and -res one, as well as a lot of buffs to complement them.

But before picking an AT it might be best if you decided what your preferred playstyle is, and cater the AT to that and then look for -res -regen.

Thanks everyone.  This thread has really opened my eyes to what can be done with this system and how it works.

Playstyle wasn't much of a decider, since I'm comfortable with many different playstyles, and I like to let the system show me new ways to play my char.

After a lot of thought and research, I'm going to try a Rad/Dark Defender for my next toon.  Thanks again.