Torchbearer Community base now open!

ShardWarrior

Hello all,

First, a quick bit of info - since the game has been back, I had been wanting to do something for the community as a thank you to all the wonderful players I have encountered while running about in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.  Costume contests are fun, but I wanted to do something more tangible and in a sense, more permanent - something functional and fun.

With that, I am happy to announce the Torchbearer Community Base is now open! 

Here you can find all the features needed - teleport points to all locations, costuming, crafting, leveling and enhancement store contacts, meeting room, bistro and bar/lounge and open area parks and playgrounds when you just want to hang out after a tough day being a hero or villain!

This is for all of you, so please enjoy it and help pass the word around.  Feel free to use it for getting around the city, hanging out, RPing, crafting or even costume contests!

A big thank you to all who have made the return of City of Heroes a truly special experience. 

Torchbearer Community Base - passcode TORCHCS-5949

You can also create a macro button in your power tray that will teleport you to the base from any location by typing the following into the chat:  /macro TBCB enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949

Please share the code and enjoy!  More pics here in the gallery.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Wait, that's a TP-2-Base command?!? :O

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Been using this a bunch, thanks so much!  It's a gorgeous base; perhaps a little intimidating when you first zone in but I've been able to find everything I've been looking for quickly and efficiently.  Well done!

And if you want to use a icon for the teleportation you can use the command /macro_image "Teleportation_Teleport" "TBCB" "enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949" thus giving you the image of a teleport unless of course it is of no help to you

When I am good I am very good, when I am bad I am better

On 8/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, Craigrx said:

And if you want to use a icon for the teleportation you can use the command /macro_image "Teleportation_Teleport" "TBCB" "enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949" thus giving you the image of a teleport unless of course it is of no help to you

On 8/16/2019 at 12:32 AM, Robotech_Master said:

Gave the base a plug in my new guide:

Thank you both! 🙂

On 8/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, Craigrx said:

I favor

/macroimage DayJob_Teleport Superbase_Teleport enter_base_from_passcode WARPZONE-4141

But choice of icon is up to you!

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

• 2 weeks later

This was one of, if not the, first bases I ever visited on HC, and I absolutely adore it!  It's not only absolutely gorgeous but is truly functional and visitor-friendly.  I have a macro for it in my main travel tray (even though I have a small functional base on Torchbearer and don't NEED the porters in TBCB :P). 

How did you get the walls and grass to not flicker? I have a horrible time with flickering grass in my base and can't seem to fix it without leaving gaps between the grass sections, which looks awful so I went with the flickering.  Forget walls, they are all aflicker and it really bugs me when I'm swimming in my walled shark pool. Heh. 

1 hour ago, Tahliah said:

This was one of, if not the, first bases I ever visited on HC, and I absolutely adore it!  It's not only absolutely gorgeous but is truly functional and visitor-friendly.  I have a macro for it in my main travel tray (even though I have a small functional base on Torchbearer and don't NEED the porters in TBCB :P). 

How did you get the walls and grass to not flicker? I have a horrible time with flickering grass in my base and can't seem to fix it without leaving gaps between the grass sections, which looks awful so I went with the flickering.  Forget walls, they are all aflicker and it really bugs me when I'm swimming in my walled shark pool. Heh. 

Thanks!  Glad you enjoy it. 😀  Will message you about the walls and grass.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

I love this base thank you for sharing and I admit along with Dacy's building videos your base has inspired me to have a go.

I do have a question, when you go into your building and look up you can see the ceiling tiles and glass roof, when I place surfaces or glass panels and look up from the inside they are invisible, can you tell me what I am missing?  I have tried all kinds, placed pillars etc, I can see the pillar and from outside looking down I can see the surface, but inside looking up it is invisible. 

Many thanks and hope you can tell me what I am doing wrong:)

19 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I do have a question, when you go into your building and look up you can see the ceiling tiles and glass roof, when I place surfaces or glass panels and look up from the inside they are invisible, can you tell me what I am missing?  I have tried all kinds, placed pillars etc, I can see the pillar and from outside looking down I can see the surface, but inside looking up it is invisible.

Very simple trick - there are two glass surfaces; one stacked on top of the other.  One is flipped over so when you look at it from below, that's why you see the glass.

Glad you like it and good luck with building your base!  😀  Be sure to post some screen shots of it when you finish over in the base building threads.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Had a chance to check out your base work.  Very impressive.  

Question.  I was looking for a portal to Echo: Galaxy City and couldn't find it in the base.  Did I simply miss it or did you not put it in there on purpose?  

I ended asking the help channel and was guided to Ouroborus so I got what was needed.  

23 hours ago, tafilr said:

Had a chance to check out your base work.  Very impressive.  

Question.  I was looking for a portal to Echo: Galaxy City and couldn't find it in the base.  Did I simply miss it or did you not put it in there on purpose?  

I ended asking the help channel and was guided to Ouroborus so I got what was needed.  

The Echo locations should be accessible from the Arcane portal by the transporters.  I'll double check that Echo GC is there tonight. 

• 2 months later