Random thoughts you have in the City

merrypessimist

• Is Doc Delilah a Gold Diggers reference?  Moreover, can I bring this up without people asking questions I don't want to answer?
  • When is Ms. Liberty going to return Excalibur to England?  She's not English, and even if Hero 1 gave it to her it's probably a national treasure.
  • It was absolutely a missed opportunity to not have Pendragon take Excalibur from Ms. Liberty and dual-wield it with the Praetorian Excalibur to become THE ONCE AND FUTURE DOUBLEKING OF ENGLAND.
  • Does Manticore know that having Swan stand next to him at all times makes him look even shorter?
  • Positron, when the original Luminary got married, you gave them a wedding gift consisting of a gynoid which looked like his wife, inexplicably developed his wife's personality, and had his name and powers.  What is even your deal?
  • Doc Quantum is absolutely the kind of guy who would stone-faced argue that Jigsaw never killed anyone.

(Also Doc Delilah in general has a powerful attractive force.  She's like six foot eight, smart, outgoing, cut as fuck, and wears glasses.  You may not like it but that's what peak performance looks like.)

• Like 1

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

It's the bus stops that get me. Whoever won the contract to build bus stops in a City with no buses can sell anything to anyone.  When I'm on a Mayhem mission, I wonder whether smashing these things is an act of villainy or just doing the place a favor.

At some point Penny Preston is going to murder Penelope Yin in hopes of learning the secret to finally growing up.

Does anyone even remember Penny Preston and the other unlockable SO stores anymore? I wonder whether they've been run on HC, even once.

2 hours ago, Zumberge said:
  • Is Doc Delilah a Gold Diggers reference?  Moreover, can I bring this up without people asking questions I don't want to answer?

I'm pretty sure that she's a reference to Doc Sampson from Marvel. She's an archaeologist while Sampson is a Psychiatrist. Purple hair, vs green hair. 

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

3 hours ago, Drakwatch said:

I'm pretty sure that she's a reference to Doc Sampson from Marvel. She's an archaeologist while Sampson is a Psychiatrist. Purple hair, vs green hair. 

What I always thought as well.

My question is always why does anyone still live in Paragon City?  How is there anyone left to victimize?  If you're a street thug why would you be in a place with ten-thousand people capable of lifting cars and firing radiation from their eyes are living and looking to pounce on you for purse snatching?  How is it considered 'Arresting' when a guy with Super Strength uppercuts you a city block or the telekinetic drops a dumpster on your head?  Where the hell did that dumpster come from anyway?

11 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

New random thought:  If the Mothership in the RWZ loses its shield during a raid, why don't any of the heroes or the government drop a damn nuke on the thing while it's vulnerable?  Carried in it could be dropped before the shields are restored.

Because there's still a city within minimum safe distance?

• At least when Crey scientists proposed making a catgirl with Mynx you can kind of hope they meant it in a "superhuman agility and senses" sort of way.  If someone suggested creating a real-world anthropomorphic wolf or Lucario you just know they were doing it so they could fuck it.
  • Manticore, those friends you had dress up like Arachnos troops and attack me to "test me" (in one of the Twinshot arcs)?  I'm a Titan Weapons Brute.  Your friends are FUCKING DEAD.  Closed goddamn casket funerals all around.
  • Praetorian Aurora Borealis is a huge racist.  She thought Praet Calvin Scot was as bad as Emperor Cole because he teamed up with "vampires, werewolves, and space aliens."  Just imagine being a Kheldian and you hear Aurora say that as you finish the mission.  You see someone that you know, and they ask you how you are, and you just have to say that you're fine, when you're not really fine, but you just can't get into it because they would never understand.
  • The amount of non-answers you get for the mutant origin during the Origin of Power arcs are unreal.
  • No matter how irrelevant you think your character is in the grand scheme of things, you're still more relevant than Woodsman.

(I actually have a text file titled "coh canon cast roast" that's just me rambling about everyone and everything in turn.  Keeps me busy.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, Chuckers said:

Why is there a desk in the middle of a cave? 

8 hours ago, Tony Amore said:

Why is there a refrigerator in the middle of a cave? There's nowhere to plug it in!

I was doing Mercedes Sheldon's storyline to retrieve those artifacts, and while doing the Warriors mission inside that entirely-too-large cave map, I found myself asking, "How did they get these cars in here?" I mean, before even considering that the cave entrance isn't nearly big enough, there are the facts that the cave was on an island, half a mile from the nearest significant land, and there's no bridge.

I was flying around Talos Island when I spotted a lone car driving very, very slowly. First thought: "That guy is cruising for hookers."

Why are all of the hospitals completely windowless? (Headcanon: Paragon City hospitals are purposely heavily fortified.)

What combat advantage, precisely, do Sky Raider Porters and Tsoo Sorcerers derive from teleporting away the instant you engage them and then teleporting back after you've kicked their buddies asses?

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, Chuckers said:

Why is there a desk in the middle of a cave? 

It's the Devouring Earth dudes PRETENDING TO BE TREES in the middle of the dark cave that get me...

I'm always like, "Dudes. Seriously. YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE." <_< 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 2 weeks later
On 8/22/2019 at 8:37 AM, Zumberge said:

If someone suggested creating a real-world anthropomorphic wolf or Lucario you just know they were doing it so they could fuck it.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

What's always bugged me is the Jenet Kellum arc where you discover Countess Crey's real identity and just how that kind of writing made it past Q&A, even for a comic book game.

"Oh man, the body you found isn't Julianne Thompson? That must mean... Countess Crey is Julianne Thompson and killed and assumed the Identity of this random person! That means she's guilty of murder! This is the biggest break ever!"

"Okay, I have no idea exactly how you connected those dots with 100% no hint that was even the case, but we can't even act-"
Then a judge just signs for a warrant to arrest Countess Crey with not even a mote of evidence, for a murder no one can prove happened in fucking Europe. All on an investigation that has had no legal backing from the start.

I used to be perturbed just how Crey got away with blatant murder in public because 'Lol Money' now it all makes sense when every contact taking them on doesn't even regard due process or even basic constitutional rights. They don't need an army of lawyers, any law student pre-bar could get them out of the charges heroes bring them in on.