Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

Street Justice/Electric Armor/Soul Mastery Scrapper

Musculature Radial - Degenerative Radial - Assault Hybrid Radial (Passive Only)

Rib Cracker > Shin Breaker > Crushing Uppercut > Moonbeam > Shin Breaker > Heavy Blow > Repeat

Also had Enflame (6 slotted with Purple Set) going the whole time!

2:05 - 2:15 for 411.9DPS to 434.6 DPS

I put Critical Strikes Proc in Shin Breaker with the thinking that it'll increase Crushing Uppercut and Heavy Blow's crit chance.  I did have to keep an eye on the blue bar.  While no Weave (relying on 75% Resists to S/L/F/C/E) I do have Maneuvers with the Kismet slotted AND Tactics going.  Only clicked Energize when actually needing the heal, so it's Recovery was only available if hurt enough.

Obviously if I went Core Musculature and Assault Hybrid, I'd get better numbers, but I like to play with the double hit for normal play personally and Radial Alpha gives me the +END MOD.

The difference really seems to be a matter of how many times I need to click Energize and Power Sink...risk a heal/end return from Procs instead of clicking.

2:31 without Enflame - 381.8

Assuming I can get better than 2:05 (I might be able to), it's looking like Enflame is giving me an okay increase in DPS (which is really what I wanted to test out)

I hate to ask this 77 pages in, but there is no way I'm going through 77 pages so I am relying on your kindness:

Has anyone aggregated a rough series of incremental values for various settings/powers, like Core Musculature on Scrapper adds +x DPS or is y% better than without.  Or Death Shroud, or Assault Hybrid, etc.  I know it would depend on the remaining powers, etc. etc. but I am wondering if certain aspects of a build are much more significant than others.

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I hate to ask this 77 pages in, but there is no way I'm going through 77 pages so I am relying on your kindness:

Has anyone aggregated a rough series of incremental values for various settings/powers, like Core Musculature on Scrapper adds +x DPS or is y% better than without.  Or Death Shroud, or Assault Hybrid, etc.  I know it would depend on the remaining powers, etc. etc. but I am wondering if certain aspects of a build are much more significant than others.

This is actually a good question. I am pretty sure there is collected data, not in one place, concerning your question.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

To my knowledge no. It wouldn't be too hard to convert things to scales though.

For instance reactive radial's dot is scale 1.25 we can multiply that by it's proc chance and get what it adds to everything for instance

• 1 month later
  • 4 weeks later
On 5/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, Project_X said:

I don’t know how many people remember the old pylon damage test that was used to get a raw damage output for classes.  It originally started with Scrappers, but eventually other classes got involved.

You are only allowed to use attack and buff powers from you own power sets.  No temp powers or outside assistance.  External survivability buffs can be used, but only if explicitly stated and can ONLY affect survivability or mez resistance.  i.e.  No Fortitude because it buffs damage, no recovery aura because it alters attack chain sustainability, no Adrenalin Boost because it alters recharge, etc.

The idea is that you fight a Rikti Pylon in RWZ and time how long it takes you to defeat it.  You then plug the time into the equation below to get you raw DPS.

((HP+(Regen*Time))/Time)/(1-Resistance) = Raw DPS

The numbers I have in my archives for the pylons are below, though I would appreciate some secondary confirmation that they are still accurate.

HP=30677.15

Regen=102.26 HP/s

Resistance=20%

Final equation would be:

((30677.15+(102.26*Time))/Time)/(1-0.20))

Post your AT, power sets, time, and DPS number below.

Now I might be a bit stupid in this and it might have been mentioned before, but how would you calculate debuff that have been applied to the target or would they just not be taken into account?

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

So... if I'm reading the patch notes correctly, it looks like we are saying goodbye to Pylons in page 7. The end of an era.

I just posted in beta for that. 2.5 mins average before change with BZB scrap, 7.5 mins after.

I get it but there's still that bit of sadness for the end of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

So... if I'm reading the patch notes correctly, it looks like we are saying goodbye to Pylons in page 7. The end of an era.

There are still some level-less pylons near the Vanguard base that can be used (as well as leveled dummies from 51-54).....only difference with them is the lack of an attack.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

14 hours ago, nihilii said:

Oh?  I haven't checked.  How are they going to do MST without the pylons?

9 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Oh?  I haven't checked.  How are they going to do MST without the pylons?

The zone pylons still exists, but they are level 54 (not leveless, like on live). So MSR is same as ever, though pylon might take an extra couple seconds to melt.

For solo DPS testing like in this thread though, they aren't as usfull (since its like fighting a 54 AV, not an even con AV like it ised to be). But, that's why they added the dummy pylons outside the base.

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

The pylons for testing (if you are facing the base entrance) on the right side of the base are super nice. They respawn just a few seconds after they are defeated and they also don't attack back OR activate the dropship. Just LFG queue to Apex and you are right there. It's really nice. I was getting 1:20-1:25 with my TW/ENA/ICE. The pet will probably just instantly die in actual gameplay though. Still, neat. I salute you, Spicy Frosty.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

The pylons for testing (if you are facing the base entrance) on the right side of the base are super nice. They respawn just a few seconds after they are defeated and they also don't attack back OR activate the dropship. Just LFG queue to Apex and you are right there. It's really nice. I was getting 1:20-1:25 with my TW/ENA/ICE. The pet will probably just instantly die in actual gameplay though. Still, neat. I salute you, Spicy Frosty.

That is nice.  No worries about dying on a test, just running out of end 🙂

13 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Tried a new Storm/Stone Sentinel on the +1 and ran out of endurance, but two minutes in and it had shaved half the HP of the dummy, sniff.

After seeing the DB/Bio/Fire in action...got me going "I need to make that for a DB user!" but then I was all "I'm kinda meh on Bio...let's go Fire Armor!"

BF > AS > SS > RoF > Repeat w/ a total of .16 gap in the chain, which I could get down to 0, but it means different travel power and I like my concept, so that was out...:p

Musculature Radial...Degenerative Radial...

Hybrid Core Off: 2:02 (and I know I can get it faster) for a DPS of 442.14

Hybrid Core On: 1:33 (and again, I know I can get it faster) for a DPS of 540.15

Fiery Embrace is only slotted with one level 50+5 Recharge IO, so a second would get it up there.

Hybrid Core On using BF > Attack Vitals Combo: 1:59 (another I know I can get a few seconds faster) for a DPS of 450.06

and hell, while at it...Hybrid Core Off using BF > Attack Vitals Combo: 2:18 for 405.69!

Honestly, I think that last test shows I should be able to get those last ones faster.  A 30 second difference between RoF Chain Hybrid on and off and a 20 second difference between AV Chain with Hybrid on and off.

Thinking it comes down to Vengeful Slice hitting for AV combo completion.

Slotting wise 3 Procs in AS and SS (-Resist, 1 Purple DMG, 1 Regular DMG) and ACC/DAM, DAM/END, and ACC/DAM/END/RCH (SS) or ACC/DAM/END (AS)

RoF has 4 Procs (1 Purple, 1 Build Up, 2 Damage Procs) ACC/DAM+5 and Purple DAM/END +5.

BF is slotted with BU Proc, 2 Regular Damage Procs, CS +50%, ACC/DAM and ACC/DAM/END/RCH (Scrapper ATOs for the last two as well).

Blazing Aura is just slotted with full Scrapper Set with the +3% Crit

OH...forgot...Vengeful Slice just 5 slotted with the Purple Set with no Proc and I just realized I forgot to +5 it all, sooo...that would for sure improve the Damage of it (wasn't thinking on it, as I just wanted to test RoF chain.

Edited by BrandX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

lol this reminded me this is a thing. Easy to test this out now. Just keep forgetting to turn on Hybrid since I almost never do 😄

I never do either, but I believe the video the video of the DB/Bio/Fire doing 49 second pylon, had the hybrid on, so I thought I'd get a run with the pylon on 🙂

4 hours ago, BrandX said:

I never do either, but I believe the video the video of the DB/Bio/Fire doing 49 second pylon, had the hybrid on, so I thought I'd get a run with the pylon on 🙂

Oh, you should for sure. I've been able to replicate that time on more than one occasion with my DB/ENA/FIRE. Had more then a few that were less with the DB/BIO/FIRE. RNG is a thing.

Some more testing...mostly because I wanted to see how'd BF > Attack Vitals would do, if I wanted to try to put in other powers, so wouldn't get the recharge for RoF chain.  However, switched up the Alpha and Interface from previous test.

DB/Fire/Fire - Musculature Core - Degenerative Core - Assault Core

BF > AS > SS > RoF

Hybrid Off: 1:41 - 507.49 DPS

Hybrid On: 1:20 -  607.15 DPS

BF > Attack Vitals
Hybrid Off: 2:08 - 427.40 DPS

Hybrid On: 1:39 - 515.16 DPS

-Resist Proc + 5 Piece Purple in AS & SS.  3 Procs in VS.  1 DAM Proc and 1 BU Proc in BF.

Should also note, Fiery Embrace has 1 +5 RCH IO and no Hasten on the Combo run.  Tho FE slotting is the same for RoF chain I did as well, so less up time on FE.

However, now I'm curious, how much DPS needed to solo a GM?

• Like 1

Giant Monsters get 5% of their life back every 10 seconds, and a lvl 50 GM has... 70k HP I think? Assuming that's right, they would regen 350hp/s. Seems about right, 300-350 DPS was the number I had in mind for breakeven anyway. At 500+ DPS you can take on GMs for sure provided they don't resist your damage.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Giant Monsters get 5% of their life back every 10 seconds, and a lvl 50 GM has... 70k HP I think? Assuming that's right, they would regen 350hp/s. Seems about right, 300-350 DPS was the number I had in mind for breakeven anyway. At 500+ DPS you can take on GMs for sure provided they don't resist your damage.

Monster hunting is still on the table.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, because of @Ratch_'s recent post regarding TW, I swapped my rotation and slotting up in my TW/ENA a bit. And Shaved 9s off my pylon time

Scrapper     TW/ENA     1:23 (Degen/RoF/MA/Enflame/Proc)

BM - FT - AoD - RA - FT - AoD - RA- FT

RoF - CB - FT - AoD - RA - FT

If the FF procs don't go off in the BM chain I'll do a Whirling Smash after the second FT. So it'll look like: FT - AoD - RA- FT - WS - RA - FT

This is NOT a best run. This is an average of 10+ runs, hybrid OFF.

Scrapper - Titan Weapons - Energy AuraRoFEnflameTest.mbd

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Since Crit Strikes proc bug has been fixed in startup momentum powers been messing around with crit strikes RA chain. I think it's the higher damage option compared to slotting it in FT, but the recharge requirements are higher and therefore lead to more inconsistencies and potential annoyances. Also it can feel a bit sluggish due to using longer out of momentum attacks, however it's not all downsides. After playing the Follow Through chain for over a year this has been a nice switch to enjoy the set again.

Post Edit: I've ended up doing a lot more experimentation and do really enjoy the play pattern of CS in Rend Armor. All the key downsides I mentioned above still ring true, but there are definitely some strong advantages to being able to CS with Rend Armor instead of Follow Through. Rend Armor's biggest benefit is leading with your best attack first, this is the attack that does the highest damage, holds achilles -res proc and has innate -res, and all following attacks (including teammates) benefit greatly, in addition you can slow rend into an almost guaranteed Crit Strikes proc which can be heavily utilized in AoE chains (arc, whirling, titan sweep, ball lighting). I'm really enjoying the sensitive nature of the chain relying on Force Feed procs, as I find the need to adapt to circumstance quite fun. I am mainly choosing ice for aesthetic reasons since the ice infernal sword is cool as fuck! But the end management + 100% slow res doesn't hurt either 😛

For those interested in trying this, the relevant breakpoint to aim for is ~330% recharge in Rend Armor (higher is better for more consistency). What does this look like? I personally recommend slotting ~46-50% recharge in Rend Armor and getting global recharge to ~185-200. My tw/ice build has 187.5% global recharge + 46.38% slotted recharge. The last 100% comes from Force Feedback proc 🐟ing.

Tw/Ice:
-> No hybrid or destiny slotted = Avg. 1m47s
-> Hybrid Radial + Destiny = Avg. 1m22s

Bludd Scrappah Final.mbd

Edited by Ratch_
More Experimentation and Practice. Using other armor sets besides bio cuz it'll inevitably get nerfed.
  • Like 3
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1