Base Builders Cheat Sheet

I honestly don't remember there being a duplicate key or command.

In the days of stacking desks, I recall buying desks one at a time and placing them in a "pile" to work with.

If there were a duplicate function, the editor would have to know where/how to place your duplicates.  The way the editor works, that seems like it would be problematic.

I seem to remember that it put the duplicate in the exact same space and position as the object you were duplicating with the duplicate highlighted/selected automatically. As I said though, I could be thinking of the wrong game (modding for Fallout: New Vegas rather than base-building in CoX). My tired old brain seems to be getting things mixed up allot lately.

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I don't recall a duplicate function, but I thought there was a way to replicate the last selection, so you didn't have to continue clicking back to the bar. So kind of like you click and lock your item selection, then place as many of them as you want. Of course I have had dreams of being able to build bases again, so this could have been part of one of those realities. :)

So if I've got this right, the extra base space we can utilize is little more than a rooftop deck?  No walls?  No ceiling?

And you can't use stairs to get to it, it must be a portal?

Unless I'm missing something, Meh.

How did you remove the walls ??? both of these look like an open area.

I realize you can have skies on the celling. Is this something similar that you can do with the upper and lower walls?

Yeah. Missing something. Here's a sample:

basebuild1.jpg

basebuild2.png

Both done using the new base building tools.

Your only limit is imagination.

Question regarding the sound file, since its running from your computers Data file does that mean that only you can hear the music? Or can anyone hear the music that enters the base?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

I haven't tinkered with the music aspect at all, BUT I was recently in a base that had music playing.  I was just visiting as a non-team or SG member.  So, I'm guessing it's set so everyone who enters the base can hear it.

How did you remove the walls ??? both of these look like an open area.

I realize you can have skies on the celling. Is this something similar that you can do with the upper and lower walls?

The walls were not removed.  The base is still there, walls, rooms and all. 

All that stuff was built on the OUTSIDE of the base. 

I've included a quick and dirty 1, 2, 3 in the OP on how to do it.

Was following Silk's posts hoping to solve my problem but alas.

created data folder in the main game folder, and created subfolder sound and subfolder of that, ogg and added a couple of .ogg files. When I type the command /sg_music "filename" I get the response"Your supergroup background music is now (myfile)", but all I hear is the ambient sounds of the base.

I also checked my options and made sure the music channel is turned up.

No spaces in my filename.

I'm stumped, any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue, anyone have any suggestions?

I checked the music files listed and I couldn't find the metal riff that plays when we get off the ferry at cap au diable, can we make that available?  would very much like to use that.

If I'm just an idiot and missed something, please point out the correct track.

Was following Silk's posts hoping to solve my problem but alas.

created data folder in the main game folder, and created subfolder sound and subfolder of that, ogg and added a couple of .ogg files. When I type the command /sg_music "filename" I get the response"Your supergroup background music is now (myfile)", but all I hear is the ambient sounds of the base.

I also checked my options and made sure the music channel is turned up.

No spaces in my filename.

I'm stumped, any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue, anyone have any suggestions?

I am having the same problem, does it "only" play CoH ogg files or can it play other MP3 files that are converted to OGG that are not specific to CoH?

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

I checked the music files listed and I couldn't find the metal riff that plays when we get off the ferry at cap au diable, can we make that available?  would very much like to use that.

If I'm just an idiot and missed something, please point out the correct track.

The track for Devil's Coat Tails is J17_faded.ogg

Source: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Music

@Impishkat

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Music

Might want to add that to the music section so people can find any in game music they want.

Will do, thank you.

In tinkering with it a bit, I noticed that most of the time you only need to use the last portion of the file name and without the .ogg.  For instance: the file AtlasPark_AtlasPlaza.ogg only needs AtlasPlaza to run with the /sgmusic command.

However, some files did require using the full file name.  So, it might take a couple tries to get it right.

I was unable to get a normal file to loop by adding that parameter. 

Also, most of the files marked "unused" do not want to play.

• 2 weeks later

@Impishkat

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Music

Might want to add that to the music section so people can find any in game music they want.

Will do, thank you.

In tinkering with it a bit, I noticed that most of the time you only need to use the last portion of the file name and without the .ogg.  For instance: the file AtlasPark_AtlasPlaza.ogg only needs AtlasPlaza to run with the /sgmusic command.

However, some files did require using the full file name.  So, it might take a couple tries to get it right.

I was unable to get a normal file to loop by adding that parameter. 

Also, most of the files marked "unused" do not want to play.

Yep. Got that too. It'll only continuously play files that have _loop at the end of the name.

There is however a big long list under "Mood Music" that seems to be just loop files. Couple of them weren't playing for me last night though. Will play with them more tonight to find out if it was because I was just tinkering with it too much or if they just don't play because I'm still playing around with this awesome feature myself and there is that issue of sounds starting to linger if you play around with items that have it way too much so, music might have the same issue? I dunno, it's hard to say so early into playing around with it.

Anyway, at the moment though, I'm thinking that it's highly possible that some of those files quite possibly might have gotten lost, deleted, destroyed from the original program/install files.

I mean, it's my understanding that some of the program just never got out and had to be recreated, parts of it had to be removed or rewritten in order to get/keep it working on new operating systems (Win 10 at least if not Win 8.1 or heck maybe even Vista at some point?), and then there's who the heck knows what had to get removed to either make way for or get the changes for i25 up and running (programs are wild and wacky things these days and things that might not seem to be related can affect one another based on how the program was originally laid out).

Anyway, point is that those files might not be in the program anymore.

Still, I'm thinking that the proponents of getting MOAR MUZIKS!!! (myself obviously included lol) might want to keep getting that list of what files are working refined and start a list of what loop files are no longer working.

Also, couldn't resist playing with it even though I'm already late for work, I found how to loop the music you add!!!!!

DON'T JUST PUT IT IN THE COMMAND!!!!

If you name your music file with _loop at the end of it, it works!!!!

So, name your ogg music file like this:

yourfile_loop

Now put in the command

/sg_music "yourfile_loop"

And it will indeed loop! YAY!!!!

Anyway, I'll play with it some more after work either this afternoon or tonight. So, let's keep tinkering guys! Maybe some of us more DJ oriented folks could come up with music packs for the rest- kind of like the musical equivalent of vidiot maps? That would be seriously cool!

And btw..... THIS is a perfect example of why I have missed everyone on City so danged much during The Exhile!!!!!

(Big Hugs!)

;D

Posting this here for the next time I reset my keybinds and forget this again...

If you do not enjoy it when the base editor thinks you've double-clicked, and sends you zooming halfway across the base or into the middle of the thing you were trying to move, you can disable the double-click functionality.

In base edit mode, type:

/unbind leftdoubleclick

Voila, unwanted transportation solved. Thanks to someone on the Discord for figuring this out. :)

So how do we use doors? Besides for decoration purposes, it would be nice if you could attach the exit points of doors much like the teleport points. So if we wanna use doors in our bases (don't know paragon didn't have doors) it would finally be possible.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, ChromeJustice said:

I am having the same problem, does it "only" play CoH ogg files or can it play other MP3 files that are converted to OGG that are not specific to CoH?

Silk did some testing and somewhere in their numbers is where the limitation lies.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:55 AM, Silk said:

Okay had some time to fiddle around today so ran some tests.

--=snip=--

Could use more testing but if filesize has a limit I would guess it's between  23.1MB and 26.7MB or if length of song has a limit it would be between 7:13s and 7:50s.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, stoops7 said:

Is the list of music provided a complete list? I am looking for a specific music played in RWZ. Would getting a .pigg file explorer and looking through the files for the name myself work?

Was it for a specific neighborhood in RWZ? I might be able to help you find that.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Heck, my whole reason for hopping in here is because I found a great in-game file for someone's base if they have a heavily wooded/tropical theme.

FW_CapturedAwakened_Static_03

It has a very stalking Predator sound to it. So if you want to step into your base and feel like you're being hunted, this just might do it for you. XD

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:05 PM, Impish Kat said:

Jukebox2_loop: An assortment of slightly muffled, old songs. Cassette put into a machine before each one

I'm sorry. I'm normally not the pedantic sort but I just want to offer up a slight correction here. The sounds between songs aren't a cassette machine. What you're hearing is the needle on a small turntable skidding on the end of the 45 RPM single. The next sound is the selector arm lifting the record off the turntable, replacing it in the carousel. Then the arm selects another from the collection, lifts it, and places it onto the table. Needle comes down and the new song begins. 

When I was a child in the early 70s, my father worked for a bar owner taking care of his pinball machines and jukeboxes. These sounds are ingrained in my mind.  The jukebox model in the base editor is a more modern, CD-based system but the .ogg file is from a much older machine using vinyl. 

What I'm not sorry about is the hundred+ hours I've already spent building a base for my SG of one on Excelsior. I missed this so much and no game I've gotten into since the Exile has come close to scratching this itch. I was a Thanos-snap's breath away from finally buying Minecraft when an old friend contacted me about Homecoming. I've yet to get my first character to 50 but I've filled up a 16 by 20 plot with my eyes already focused on an upgrade to the largest possible base.

Thank you for the great cheat sheet and to everyone who has worked to make sure this part of the game is there and better than it ever was.

• Like 2

No, I'm not THAT PK.

Nerd, Badger, Base Builder, Streamer, Janitor

Visit the Near-Mint Knights Sanctuary on Excelsior: NMNERDS-3263

On 8/7/2019 at 2:16 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Can the enterbasefrompasscode slash command get added to the list of slash commands?

example:  /enterbasefrompasscode <passcode>

Wow, this is a game changer.  I created a macro so I could 1 button back to base, no more fighting to get to clicky in Ouroboros, no usage limit and no recharge.  I sat around in my base monitoring zone events and zipping in and out at lightning speeds.  Thank you for this information, I now feel like I run a RAPID RESPONSE CENTER!!! 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 1:05 PM, Impish Kat said:

New command: /sg_music "filename" will play the given sound file in the supergroup base, using the Music channel. You must have base editing permissions to use this command.

This will play any sound file from inside the piggs or data folders. Everybody who enters the base will hear the music you selected if it is in the pigg files; but if you place your own .ogg files in your data/sound/ogg folder, only you (and those who have a file with the same name in that folder) will hear it.

The music will update in real time if you use the command while inside your base, so you can use this to pseudo-DJ events in your base.

File names that end in _loop will loop forever. This is not something I came up with, that's how the game's always worked. So if you use /sgmusic "levelup7" it will play the level up sound once (when you enter the base) and then be silent, but if you use /sgmusic "Objective_loop" it will play the glowies sound forever (and drive everybody insane looking for it.)

To remove the music, use /sgmusic ""; currently playing music will fade out, not abruptly stop.

I can't get ether command /sgmusic or /sg_music to work all it give me is unknown command do the commands still work?

I have added the .ogg files to the proper folder buy still get unknown command.

Finaly got it to work while in the base

Edited by CyberElf
Problem solved