/regen

Slithershot

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the general (there are exceptions, I'm sure) design philosophy that Auto Powers be less potent than Toggles be less potent than Clicks? Meaning /Regen should be an absolute monster since a significant part of its mitigation (Dull Pain, Reconstruction, Instant Healing, Revive, Moment of Glory) are all clicks (please put aside the fact that the only Toggle, Integration, might be the linchpin of the set). My experience has been that it lags next to most of the other mitigation sets, be it due to synergy with IOs or Inspirations, or simply the time loss it has to take to click its powers.

Even considering this all, I think the set only needs a few changes to bring it in line to the current meta, even if they do not address the IO synergy and lack of offensive augmentation aside from Quick Recovery. Revive needs the Sentinel Revive treatment, Moment of Glory could be buffed to 30 seconds (any offensive buffs could go here, maybe?), and IH could be left as a click, but moved to 38 and be 90-second duration/300-second recharge like Light Form and Eclipse (permable with investment). Moment of Glory would stay a Defensive Build-up, but IH would be restored as the crown jewel of the set.

In hindsight, these changes would actually give Regen IO synergy... with +Recharge rather than +Defense or +Resistance like most of the other secondaries. A clickable, stackable Integration would be a thematic match, too (and put the entire set on clicks + 3 autos), but that might be a bridge too far given how accustomed to the set most players currently are.

• Like 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

• 2 years later

I agree that regeneration really could use a boost.

The whole purpose of regen is to regenerate health and we lost that long ago when they changed IH from a toggle to a click and removed its enhanceable effect. I personally believe they should change it back to a toggle and adjust the enhanceable portion. I shouldn't need to invest ridiculous amounts of money to make the character slightly playable in higher levels, right? I have every single version of secondary on brutes and scrappers and regen is only decent at lower levels without massive investments. They don't need to turn it into the god that it once was because that obviously didn't work, but it is sure difficult and not as fun as the other sets.

• Like 1

holy necro @bigfur48044

for higher level play a character is going to take investment. regen just has some holes that are challenging or not possible to fill. it has high weakness to -def debuffs and is really effected by -recharge & -regen.

folks who fall for the trap of chasing the soft cap go unrewarded.

folks who go for recharge and resistance have a smoother experience.

changing back to the IH toggle.. i'd take it. though i'd prefer resistance to -recharge & -regen debuffs.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

50 minutes ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

My /Regen has capped S/L def, capped S/L resists and high resists over all and capped melee def.

Put the high regen on top of that and i have a really OP toon.

Do i think regen needs a buff .....sure......*Evil Grin*

Oh? All the time? Or just when Rune of Protection and Eye of the Magus are up?

21 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Eye of the Magus

that's Demonic Aura to you bub!

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 5/15/2022 at 3:48 AM, Chelsea Rorec said:

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time 😈

Would you share your regen build ?

I e got a kat/regen scrapper that I really enjoy and just started an MA/Regen brute. But not really sure on the build for either. The scrapper is currently just in plain old non-set lvl 25 IOs.

3 hours ago, Greldek said:

Would you share your regen build ?

I e got a kat/regen scrapper that I really enjoy and just started an MA/Regen brute. But not really sure on the build for either. The scrapper is currently just in plain old non-set lvl 25 IOs.

If i did that then everyone would start using it and /Regen would get another nerf and i don't want blaming for that 😛

It's not hard to work out.

• Thumbs Down 1

I still maintain that Regeneration is fine in my own little world where people are allowed to use inspirations, but, yes, we did verify that it doesn’t quite cut it if you both

(1) are asked by forum members not to use inspirations and

(2) built your character under the assumption that you might be allowed to use inspirations (no defense bonus chasing nonsense, build for offense)

Considering this only happened once, Regeneration is still dandy to me. But yes, it did not do as well on this particular test as some sets would. 

Anyway, whatever Chelsea Rorec had to do to her build, I for one don’t want to know. Building in all that extra set bonus mitigation would mean less offense, and I don’t want that shit.

Edited by arcane

• 3 months later

Well, I jumped on a PUG 4star ITF last night with my MA/Regen brute Panzer Angel as an off-tank/damage dealer, and got a few comments that they were surprised I was so survivable with how much Regen gets maligned.

I did probably die maybe a dozen times(no problem with revive), but I didn't think that was too bad considering no inspirations, I'm not completely incarnated out yet(only tier 1 melee hybrid), no Eye of the Magus yet, and I hadn't played her in months.  Also, it's a bit of a theme build.

I just thought I'd venture into the Brute forums to see what the opinion was, and this was pretty much the only thread I found. I still hold out hope that Regen will be ported to my first love, Tankers, at some point.

Anyways, here it is if anybody is interested.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Fast Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(11), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(48)
Level 2: Cobra Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Reconstruction -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(13), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal(15)
Level 6: Quick Recovery -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 8: Focus Chi -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(17), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 10: Dull Pain -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(19), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 12: Crane Kick -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(27), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 16: Integration -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(29), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 18: Crippling Axe Kick -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(40)
Level 20: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Resilience -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), GldArm-3defTpProc(47)
Level 24: Warrior's Provocation -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Dragon's Tail -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(34), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(36), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 28: Instant Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(39)
Level 30: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(33), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Spring Attack -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(43), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 38: Moment of Glory -- ShlWal-Def/Rchg(A), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(45), AdjTrg-ToHit(45)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 47: Revive -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Heal-I(A), Prv-Heal(7), Prv-Absorb%(23)
Level 1: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 20: Speed Phase
Level 30: Double Jump
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
------------

I could get like 18% more S/L resist if I replaced one of the MA attacks with Boxing, and another MA attack/Spring Attack with Tough, but I like the added AoE, and a TP attack can get you out of a bad situation sometimes. Also, having 95% slow/recharge resists is pretty sweet.

• Thumbs Up 1