Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

17 hours ago, Szyro said:

“built from scraps” armor

Are you looking to stick with the same color scheme as your screenshot?  Are you trying to go with a "clean scrap" a la Iron Man Mk1, or more of a rusted-out junk/steampunk aesthetic?

3 hours ago, biostem said:

Are you looking to stick with the same color scheme as your screenshot?  Are you trying to go with a "clean scrap" a la Iron Man Mk1, or more of a rusted-out junk/steampunk aesthetic?

i personally tried to make it more like MK1, but i am a fan of the junk/steampunk aesthetic, then can transition into a clean metal as he progresses, colors can change, plz just keep in mind his fire is blue

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Szyro said:

i personally tried to make it more like MK1, but i am a fan of the junk/steampunk aesthetic, then can transition into a clean metal as he progresses

I came up with a few ideas, all based on the same theme.  I won't post screenshots of them all, but here's a few samples, (I did include all the costume files though):

fire blaster mk1.jpg

fire blaster mk1d.jpg

fire blaster mk1.costume fire blaster mk1d.costume fire blaster mk1c.costume fire blaster mk1b.costume fire blaster mk1a.costume

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, biostem said:

I came up with a few ideas, all based on the same theme.  I won't post screenshots of them all, but here's a few samples, (I did include all the costume files though):

fire blaster mk1.jpg

fire blaster mk1d.jpg

fire blaster mk1.costume 7.27 kB · 0 downloads fire blaster mk1d.costume 7.26 kB · 0 downloads fire blaster mk1c.costume 7.27 kB · 0 downloads fire blaster mk1b.costume 7.27 kB · 0 downloads fire blaster mk1a.costume 7.27 kB · 0 downloads

yeah! those look super sick, how do i download the files to see em in game?

2 hours ago, Szyro said:

yeah! those look super sick, how do i download the files to see em in game?

There's a 'costumes' folder within the folder the game is in, (for me it's c:\games\homecoming\costumes).  Save those .costume files to there, then go to the costume creator/editor and click 'Load' in the lower right, then select the one you want.

Edited by biostem

Ok i have a character named Streetwave, she is a Warshade.  Her name is Jessica Street, and is combined with a Khledian known as Wave.  Right now her costume is a basic purple spectrum costume.  I was thinking of trying a different costume.  She's basically a Detective during the day, and Warshade at night.  Any ideas or thoughts on a costume would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:16 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Thanks but I was not looking to make a version of Captain Britain or Union Jack - more of how to incorporate the Union Jack into an updated look for Hero One.  His costume - other than the cape (which I wish we could have) -  is a bit bland to me.

spacer.png

is there an emote for raising your sword like that ?  

Hi guys. Long time lurker on this thread. Help me with this one:

Caveman who gained superpowers either through contact with a meteor, volcano, primal/black magic, or some combination thereof. Somehow he was transported to our time/dimension/whatever.

Right now I have him as Earth/Stone blaster, but that could change to Savage/? Scrapper (see below). I'm at work right now, but will upload my current costume when I get home. Tentative name: "Simeous."

Mega bonus points if you can fuse that idea with dinosaur. I hate the monstrous lizard head, though, so try doing it without that.

🙂

I've tried the dinosaur thing maybe half a dozen times with no satisfactory results. Perhaps the concept is too busy. Feel free to thin it out or use various elements and show me how cool you are. 😎

Simeous.png

Edited by pawstruck
  • Like 2

• 1 month later

I will come and breathe life into this thread by making yet another request.

So I came up with a concept I wanted to do for a while, which is a Broadsword/Fire Scrapper who is a literal knight in shining armor. The backstory I've got for him is that there was a little girl who was gifted with magic in her blood. It was so potent that, even at a young age, she was able to reach out to other planes of existence and commune with otherworldly creatures. When the Praetorian invasion began, with all the destruction and chaos around her, and her family on the verge of being killed, this little girl cried out for help, and thanks to her magic blood, summoned her own guardian angel, a near-indestructible being of magic and might. After saving his "princess" and her family, the knight remained her guardian, and so this little girl tasked him with defending any others in the city who needed his help.

The basic theme is that he's sort of an angelic knight, called from some mystical realm as the eternal guardian and protector of his "princess," and so far I've only got two costumes for him, one angelic, and one more demonic (a black knight of vengeance for those particularly nasty criminals who need a good thrashing). You can see the two costumes I've got for him below, and I'd love to see what others more creative than I am can do with the theme. While his costume is very much a literal knight in shining armor, it doesn't have to strictly stay with the medieval theme, and any kind of angelic or celestial warrior theme would also work. Just no togas... because I despise togas. Wings are optional, but very much preferred, unless someone has a much cooler idea.

1930937869_InfernoRising.png.2d0eff1c710880d4d483828a764e63f3.png1310437299_InfernoRising2.png.4c4abefeaca9f0a6f9173e538e8dfe4c.png

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

13 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

The basic theme is that he's sort of an angelic knight, called from some mystical realm as the eternal guardian and protector of his "princess," and so far I've only got two costumes for him, one angelic, and one more demonic (a black knight of vengeance for those particularly nasty criminals who need a good thrashing). You can see the two costumes I've got for him below, and I'd love to see what others more creative than I am can do with the theme. While his costume is very much a literal knight in shining armor, it doesn't have to strictly stay with the medieval theme, and any kind of angelic or celestial warrior theme would also work. Just no togas... because I despise togas. Wings are optional, but very much preferred, unless someone has a much cooler idea.

I tried to do a sky based design with sun and cloud coloration/theming. Color balance didn't want to work with me, so that and the chest emblem could use some tweaking. First costume is the light blue one, second is where I tried to incorporate night sky colors. It looks off, but figured I'd include it anyway.

GA1.png.279c421ec25efd480b3d5f065fa75d9f.pngGA2.png.be30e7a2be6b56c466d779fa9cbf324f.pngGA3.png.ef80b88ff19b1c42beb93a13d15678eb.png

Guardian Angel2.costumeGuardian Angel4.costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later

So I love the work you guys have done. I need help with a time manipulation/dual pistols defender. She is a villain. My favorite pistols are the magnums. I also want a broader than 2 color pallette if possible. Her origin is tech. My current costume feels off. I'll edit with photo later.

Capture.JPG

Edited by SnackHappy

4 hours ago, SnackHappy said:

So I love the work you guys have done. I need help with a time manipulation/dual pistols defender. She is a villain. My favorite pistols are the magnums. I also want a broader than 2 color pallette if possible. Her origin is tech. My current costume feels off. I'll edit with photo later.

Is there a particular name, origin story or aesthetic beyond "tech" that you're looking for? There's a definite Wild West feel to what you have already -- are you wanting to preserve that?

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

6 hours ago, SnackHappy said:

I didn't want to change too much, so I just shifted the colors to an Ouroboros Mender palette due to her time manipulation powers. I added the fur shoulders to balance the light gold on the belt and boots. Most menders have the pale greyish-brown as a top, but it didn't quite look right so I shifted it down to the belt on costume 2.

If you want the inner belt colors to match the outside, you'll have to select the belt, relink the colors, and then manually recolor everything else. It's a known issue with jackets and belts that have cape-like properties but lack the Exterior and Interior color selection options, unfortunately.

Gunslinger1.png.c39564b957f39de244bef1f077f96887.pngGunslinger2front.png.3ad654e3721a3c585fc1f56aa643d641.pngGunslinger2back.png.521ad4c2cbe1cc05fff80b82649c2b27.png

Gunslinger req1.costume                          Gunslinger req2.costume

44 minutes ago, VeiledOwl said:

I didn't want to change too much, so I just shifted the colors to an Ouroboros Mender palette due to her time manipulation powers. I added the fur shoulders to balance the light gold on the belt and boots. Most menders have the pale greyish-brown as a top, but it didn't quite look right so I shifted it down to the belt on costume 2.

If you want the inner belt colors to match the outside, you'll have to select the belt, relink the colors, and then manually recolor everything else. It's a known issue with jackets and belts that have cape-like properties but lack the Exterior and Interior color selection options, unfortunately.

Gunslinger1.png.c39564b957f39de244bef1f077f96887.pngGunslinger2front.png.3ad654e3721a3c585fc1f56aa643d641.pngGunslinger2back.png.521ad4c2cbe1cc05fff80b82649c2b27.png

Gunslinger req1.costume 7.28 kB · 0 downloads                            Gunslinger req2.costume 7.28 kB · 0 downloads

I feel like your simple changes improved it quite a bit. I just don't fully grasp the creator to the point I would like.

I'm out of ideas for making a badass character with the hooded lantern aura. The only things I can think of that would go with this would be wizards, witches, undead or something ancient Asian. None of these suit my personal taste, or seem badass enough to command respect from enemies. But I think it would suit a dominator or blaster with dark powers. I accept suggestions.

9 hours ago, captainstar said:

I'm out of ideas for making a badass character with the hooded lantern aura. The only things I can think of that would go with this would be wizards, witches, undead or something ancient Asian. None of these suit my personal taste, or seem badass enough to command respect from enemies. But I think it would suit a dominator or blaster with dark powers. I accept suggestions.

My first thought for non-magic use of the lanterns was a Jack the Ripper type of character (killing by gas lamps, and such). My second thought was that the lanterns could be some sort of disguised drone: automated defense system for blocking shots, homing in to explode on enemies, or even a back up battery charge for the wielder. My third was a Lord Nemesis-esque character with power armor in the same vein of 'antiquated-looking technology that is actually extremely advanced'.

As I have no idea how to properly execute idea three, here's my take on a drone wielder with smoke and chemical based weaponry. Badass is subjective, but I tried.

The first costume is the black one, second is blue. Might look better with a different breather.

Lantern1.png.13bd902e362d3216ea4242ffa0ad21f0.pngLantern2.png.cbae271193972715141bea625fe7af88.pngLantern3.png.ee48e4a2a91564355e30a377e476fd90.pngLantern req2.costumeLantern req4.costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I've always wanted to make a kunoichi character in CoH, but I just can't get the combination of costume pieces (and even harder, the color scheme) right so i've never made one. It seems like every time I pick one costume piece I like, it automatically disables another one. Champions Online has the advantage over CoH in that you're able to layer clothing pieces which always makes for more dynamic outfits, but unfortunately we're limited with our choices over here. If you think you can do this concept justice, use these reference pictures and give it a try:

image.thumb.png.7a15fa54eae80ea6de1e742959674ef8.png
image.thumb.png.937e745a008a0c202fe84a2f94f9c442.png

48 minutes ago, JebidiahBeetus said:

I've always wanted to make a kunoichi character in CoH, but I just can't get the combination of costume pieces (and even harder, the color scheme) right so i've never made one. It seems like every time I pick one costume piece I like, it automatically disables another one. Champions Online has the advantage over CoH in that you're able to layer clothing pieces which always makes for more dynamic outfits, but unfortunately we're limited with our choices over here. If you think you can do this concept justice, use these reference pictures and give it a try:

The big problem is the combination of fade and detail. You can do one or the other.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f26de8b48fb2037b11ed79021419177.jpeg

Its a rough go, but maybe you can do something to get it closer to what you want.

Kuat.costume