Jump to content

Costume Request Thread!


QueenBethari

Recommended Posts

On 11/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, brasilgringo said:

Bueller?  Bueller?

 

The cloak, glow, and shading here (sort of) brings it all together to make it seem more authentic and combat-ready. I've always imagined wearing something like this (tight pants/leggings) under robes - not even more loose fabric.

 

Colors: White, Off-White, Gold, Brown

 

 

Head

Face - Supernatural Face 12 - Icy blue eyes

Detail 2 - Beard Full

Hair - Ponytail

 

Robes

Robe: Terra Off-White

Sleeves: Warrior Off-White

Gloves: Tied Off-White

Chest: Medievil-Assassin with Gold & Off-White to give a tiny cosmetic flair under the neck.

 

Belt

Warrior: Basic

 

Legs: Tight Pant

(Upper) Pants-Starburst Off-White & White... this creates a slight shadow variation towards the crotch with bright white toward knees.

(Lower) Tight - White & brown - Drag in the white from upper legs. Brown for the shoes.

 

Aura: Glow - Off-White, Full Body

 

Glow vs No Glow

image.thumb.png.ecadd964d7645a469a2a1833f3de6c3d.png

 

image.png.a100c1852b9add4612b2040c9e0a6f2e.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later
On 12/11/2022 at 10:02 PM, VeiledOwl said:

The editor couldn't load the jacket's settings, so its inner colors are wrong in the costume files I've posted. That's why I'm listing the changes I made so they can be applied manually if desired. I didn't alter much - it's less Terminator and more 'your evil robot doppelganger didn't have time to put on their fake skin before you busted down the door to their hideout'.

 

Glare1.png.fd4a6f1542146e4382f61f5595a97e9b.pngGlare2.png.7c9023c9e1cdd500a362b04b42965976.png

 

Head > Face > Skull Metal > Skull Metal (white or light grey for both colors). Keeping the scarred face works just as well if you don't want her to go full robot.

Detail 2 > None (or keeping Rebreather 6)

Chest > Clockwork

Belt > Labeaux (similar to Jewel, but accentuates clockwork-ness)

Legs > Clockwork

 

Glare3.png.13bd82d288df33fe6eed734feae27a8d.png

Glare4.png.e14944c2a6a478955cb06fb4b64a5abe.pngGlare6.png.6611ed2dc7b7549271db18743bcd6323.png

 

Head > Helmets > Praetoria Police (primary color white or light grey)

 

Other ideas I didn't implement:

Changing pieces of the shoulders/gloves/boots to either bulkier or skeletal mechanical-looking options. Keeping asymmetry would probably work. A bulky shoulder/glove combo overbalanced on one side for a arm cannon look, maybe?

Some form of sunglasses for the Schwarzenegger look

A palette swap for the evil version

 

Glare terminator.costume 8 kB · 4 downloads Glare terminator1.costume 8.04 kB · 2 downloads

yessssss full evil terminator and a casual one from the previous post, you guys are all f*cking fantastic and I appreciate your input

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later

Hi! I'm attempting to make Romulus. Coming up short with a lot of the pieces. Can't seem to fine the helmet combination, shoulder furs, chest thing, or belt and sash.

If this is easy or not allowed my apologies. I'm quite poor with the character creator. Thanks for reading in advance!

myRom.png

Romulus.png

rombase.costume

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later

Hello costume creators! I am attempting to craft a sort of Swat Team Knight, something that looks like modern police gear, but with a sort of fantasy/medieval knight touch. If anyone has any interest, i'd love some brainstorming or ideas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Thayn said:

Hello costume creators! I am attempting to craft a sort of Swat Team Knight, something that looks like modern police gear, but with a sort of fantasy/medieval knight touch. If anyone has any interest, i'd love some brainstorming or ideas!

 

The first costume is based off in-game PPD SWAT; it's mostly a mixture of Equalizer and Officer with a bit of Praetorian PD since the bulletproof vest is unavailable in the creator. The second outfit's my attempt to make it a medieval mix.

 

3330337_Swatbase.png.b741c09659de63dc1f4867dcd7bcfea5.png807489452_Swatknight.png.ec7e7e412324a1bdc255e0b4adc7afad.png

 

Swat Knight1.costumeSwat Knight2.costume

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been racking my brain trying to come up with a good character design for a familiar trope in comics. I’m trying to create an alien overlord similar to Starro or  a hive mind like the Sequids in Invincible which control others and wants nothing more than to take over a planet.
 

My only design limitations is that I prefer they’re male (or huge). I’m trying to evoke a squid/cephalopod, but I’m not dead-set on that. I already have a queen bee character with a similar concept (except she’s a human mutant) and I would like to avoid bees in the design or recognizably terrestrial insects (trying to avoid ants, too). Alien insects should be fine though. Do you creative people have any suggestions? Thinking of making them a Mind Control/X Dom but again not married to that either as long as they appear somewhat alien in nature as that’s what their origin should reflect (natural/science/mut/tech). 

Edited by Azygos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Azygos said:

I’ve been racking my brain trying to come up with a good character design for a familiar trope in comics. I’m trying to create an alien overlord similar to Starro or  a hive mind like the Sequids in Invincible which control others and wants nothing more than to take over a planet.
 

My only design limitations is that I prefer they’re male (or huge). I’m trying to evoke a squid/cephalopod, but I’m not dead-set on that. I already have a queen bee character with a similar concept (except she’s a human mutant) and I would like to avoid bees in the design or recognizably terrestrial insects (trying to avoid ants, too). Alien insects should be fine though. Do you creative people have any suggestions? Thinking of making them a Mind Control/X Dom but again not married to that either as long as they appear somewhat alien in nature as that’s what their origin should reflect (natural/science/mut/tech). 

 

maybe too obvious..

http://www.cityofheroes.ca/global/includes/images/Issues/issue-3/screenshots/thumbs/kheldian_shapeshifter.jpgspacer.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never considered using the squid kheldian/warshade before. I guess I was interested in making a distinct entity with a separate lore. Appreciate the suggestion though and I might go through the AT and see if it could work. 

Edited by Azygos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Azygos said:

My only design limitations is that I prefer they’re male (or huge). I’m trying to evoke a squid/cephalopod, but I’m not dead-set on that. I already have a queen bee character with a similar concept (except she’s a human mutant) and I would like to avoid bees in the design or recognizably terrestrial insects (trying to avoid ants, too). Alien insects should be fine though. Do you creative people have any suggestions?

 

Here's my take along with a list of what parts I found cephalopod-y:

 

Full Helmet > Elongated Skull (Squid-shaped head)

Chest & Legs > Tights Pattern > Malaise (Cephalopods color-shifting abilities. Also a nod towards psychedelic/hypnotism. Blend pattern is also useful on hands/feet when paired with Malaise in this regard)

Chest Detail > Symbols > Eldritch

Back Detail > Wings > Celestial Wings - Always Open (Looks sort of like reaching tentacles when in motion)

 

The glowing blue is mostly due to me listening to Darkest Dungeon's Color of Madness soundtrack while working on it, but I felt it fit. The costume could still use some work to look more overlord-y, but I ran out of inspiration so it's more of a base layer.

 

CephalopodH.png.3e2205422052dc93cfa4fce93adb4491.png

CephalopodM.png.e2a44c5c7cd0caccfa9f73a7ed144e79.png

746527803_Cephalopodhead.png.d364b38e948771ed9456bba6ab95e525.pngCephalopod1.costumeCephalopod1-M.costume

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, VeiledOwl said:

 

Here's my take along with a list of what parts I found cephalopod-y:

 

Full Helmet > Elongated Skull (Squid-shaped head)

Chest & Legs > Tights Pattern > Malaise (Cephalopods color-shifting abilities. Also a nod towards psychedelic/hypnotism. Blend pattern is also useful on hands/feet when paired with Malaise in this regard)

Chest Detail > Symbols > Eldritch

Back Detail > Wings > Celestial Wings - Always Open (Looks sort of like reaching tentacles when in motion)

 

The glowing blue is mostly due to me listening to Darkest Dungeon's Color of Madness soundtrack while working on it, but I felt it fit. The costume could still use some work to look more overlord-y, but I ran out of inspiration so it's more of a base layer.

 

CephalopodH.png.3e2205422052dc93cfa4fce93adb4491.png

CephalopodM.png.e2a44c5c7cd0caccfa9f73a7ed144e79.png

746527803_Cephalopodhead.png.d364b38e948771ed9456bba6ab95e525.png Cephalopod1.costume 6.63 kB · 0 downloads Cephalopod1-M.costume 6.61 kB · 0 downloads

Wow, very nice pieces and concept. Thank you! I think if I fiddle around with the shoulder/gloves this is a solid look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Someone in my supergroup suggested after I posted a pic of my characters that we needed male thigh high boots. After the requisite Zardoz link, I did a quickie update to the pic and really, it would not be a horrible look:

There are a lot of sex-specific pieces that would look nice w/o any clipping issues, if ported across to the other body types.  For instance, I'd like the barbarian belt shared between male/huge & female, (they are called the same but look quite different).  I can understand certain chest pieces/details not being so easy, but the various belts, boots, and shoulder options should be much easier...

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...