Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

On 3/16/2023 at 6:52 PM, Lokinne said:

Would anyone give me any tips in how to improve this outfit, please? I'd like them to still keep the androgynous look.

I'm bad at following directions, so instead of throwing out tips, I threw together a couple of models instead.  One is based on the female body, the other male.  Unfortunately, "plain" is what I do best, so I tried creating models that might fit in the movies.

Unfortunately, the female template is a bit... uh, problematic for an androgynous look.  I tried a few different "Chest" types to see if I could obscure things a bit, and the following kind of sort of seemed to work - BodySuit Padded, Alpha, Buckled Leather, Chaos Leather, Enforcer, ExoProto, Justice, Omega, Overguard, Sinister (maybe), Tech Wired, Ulterior, and Vanguard.  The example below uses BodySuit Padded, with the pattern of the same name selected.  The chests seem to work best with black as the first color and some shade of grey as the second - flavor to suit.

For hair, I dug around for "Switch-adjacent" hairstyles; the model below uses the Shag haricut.  Gamine, Triptych, Styled, and Shimmer seem to work also.

The male model is on the one hand easier to make androgynous - nearly every "smooth" or "armored" chest piece works.  On the other hand, the textures on the male faces are almost all "tough guy" looks, with the possible exception of one of the "young" faces.  I selected one almost at random.  Also, I wasn't able to shrink down the monster hands.  Maybe someone else knows a trick for that.

The male model has the "Doofus" hair (don't laugh, I've used it), but Princeton, Parted, Genius, Surfer, Deceiver (maybe), Fabo, Hipster, Gusto, and Barbaric (very Keanu Reeves IMO), and Ponytail could work as well.  Maybe some others.

Forgive me for throwing the Cybertech Long jacket on these two.  I'm a sucker for it.  Trench coats should work just fine.

Pseudo-Switches.thumb.png.01b2836afcac5a06d8d34440358b9aa6.png

Pseudo-Switch female.costume  Pseudo-Switch male.costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not at home yet so I can't play around with the character creator but has anyone ever tried or had luck creating a static / white noise kind of costume pattern? It's not something I've tried before but I thought someone may have some thoughts.

@Attache on Everlasting (Formely Virtue and Pinnacle)

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Blue Weasel || Big League || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter ||  Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

3 hours ago, Attache said:

I'm not at home yet so I can't play around with the character creator but has anyone ever tried or had luck creating a static / white noise kind of costume pattern? It's not something I've tried before but I thought someone may have some thoughts.

Chainmail is good at breaking up some of the less sharply defined patterns, but it's unfortunately difficult to get a good white and grey contrast with. If you want total static, Psych, Circuitry, or Cheetah 1 seem to work alright. For partial, I liked the looks of Arctic, Baroque, and Layer Stripe. Malaise can work too, if you want mild rainbow static - white primary, medium grey secondary. Mesh blends into it too well - no contrast - but might work with things that aren't chainmail. Can't say I'm completely satisfied with any of them as static, though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Howdy, costume folks! I could use some assistance with my new guy Goldbar here (a professional bank robber/blue collar villain) :

goldbar.PNG.218ad782b778245b600d137e3fe79f49.PNG

I'm pretty satisfied overall with the costume.. except the chest emblem. I just couldn't find one that both fit the chest pattern used and the guy's theme/name...

Any ideas or suggestions? Here's the costume file just in case :

Goldbar.costume

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, Virtual Green said:

Howdy, costume folks! I could use some assistance with my new guy Goldbar here (a professional bank robber/blue collar villain) :

I'm pretty satisfied overall with the costume.. except the chest emblem. I just couldn't find one that both fit the chest pattern used and the guy's theme/name...

Goldbar.costume 6.91 kB · 5 downloads

Looks great!

Hmm, I can try and come up with some suggestions with regard to the chest emblem… let me play around with it a bit and get back to you.

EDIT: Assuming you still need assistance.

Edited by Marbing
  • Thanks 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

• 2 weeks later
10 minutes ago, Vadmac said:

Needing some ideas for a speedster storm/elec/Mu blaster  throw some ideas out at me

Any particular colors you have in mind?  Male/female/huge?  Flash-inspired or stay away from obvious homages?

32 minutes ago, biostem said:

Any particular colors you have in mind?  Male/female/huge?  Flash-inspired or stay away from obvious homages?

Regular Male  slimmer body  want something like a speedster outfit that isn't a tech suit  

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, biostem said:

White lightning   mix of white blues and maybe a third color too  idk

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 5/10/2023 at 4:35 PM, Vadmac said:

Back with another request  I am kinda stumped on a Sonic/Time/Soul theme for this Female defender  any cool mystic/ and detailed outfit ideas people could throw my way?

My first thought of how time and sound intersect was the Doppler Effect. Diagrams of it often look like the Optic chest detail, so I combined that with the fact that both sets' animations consist mostly of spirals to make the top. She's vaguely urban fantasy because a lot of the more typically magical chest options exclude the clock belt entirely (looking at you, Bolero.) and it felt like an integral piece for displaying her time powers. Black and white because color theory is hard.

Doppler3.png.49849a74784fa7823c30be97202bf264.pngDoppler4.png.5c78a2bdebbc592b8260ad8d7972f003.png

Doppler2.costume

• 4 weeks later
3 hours ago, Force Redux said:

Quick question:

Not finding Mummified texture for Female body lower legs/boots. Anyone have any luck, give me a direction? Mummified exists for other locations...

Thanks in advance!

It's an option in the "Bottom" slot under the "Bottoms" and "Skirts/Shorts" categories..  To get the boots, you have to select "Flat" as the first option ("Mummified" will then be available in the second option.  You cannot put patterns on it, so the third option just says "No Selection Available").

On 4/11/2023 at 10:21 PM, Virtual Green said:

Goldbar.costume 6.91 kB · 11 downloads

How about trying to affect a pseudo-dungaree thing? 
image.thumb.png.0dc1d4e4b826ef3cb8d5204709eac02a.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

It's an option in the "Bottom" slot under the "Bottoms" and "Skirts/Shorts" categories..  To get the boots, you have to select "Flat" as the first option ("Mummified" will then be available in the second option.  You cannot put patterns on it, so the third option just says "No Selection Available").

Thank you kindly 😊

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 5/14/2023 at 4:11 AM, VeiledOwl said:

My first thought of how time and sound intersect was the Doppler Effect. Diagrams of it often look like the Optic chest detail, so I combined that with the fact that both sets' animations consist mostly of spirals to make the top. She's vaguely urban fantasy because a lot of the more typically magical chest options exclude the clock belt entirely (looking at you, Bolero.) and it felt like an integral piece for displaying her time powers. Black and white because color theory is hard.

Doppler3.png.49849a74784fa7823c30be97202bf264.pngDoppler4.png.5c78a2bdebbc592b8260ad8d7972f003.png

For this costume, I think you could go with the classic red/blue combo if it's a hero (for villain maybe red and one of the obvious secondaries (black/white/yellow)?)

On 5/14/2023 at 4:11 AM, VeiledOwl said:

• 2 weeks later
23 minutes ago, captainstar said:

New chest logos...

And more back stuff...

You seem to be lost, Stranger. The thread yer lookin' fer is thataway.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

6 minutes ago, captainstar said:

this topic could be more specific a bit

"Costume Request for Personal use"

"Costume Request for those out of ideas"

something like this 

It would have to be edited by the person who originally posted the topic, and according to their profile their last visit to the forums was on January 1, 2020.

I'm going to assume they didn't survive that cursed year. Either way that ship has unfortunately sailed (probably).

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

10 hours ago, Mjolnerd said:

It would have to be edited by the person who originally posted the topic, and according to their profile their last visit to the forums was on January 1, 2020.

I'm going to assume they didn't survive that cursed year. Either way that ship has unfortunately sailed (probably).

A moderator cannot make the adjustment?  I'd find that unfortunate if someone typed a blue streak on the way out of the game, and it couldn't be altered by a moderator.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

A moderator cannot make the adjustment?  I'd find that unfortunate if someone typed a blue streak on the way out of the game, and it couldn't be altered by a moderator.

I would think that they should be able to adjust the title. I've sent a request and also used the 'report' feature in an attempt to have the title changed to something less confusing. Heck, just adding 'Help' after 'Costume' would clear it up, I'd think.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.