Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Hi folks, looking for the costume gurus to help bring something to life.

I have a character, Rising Moon, who is a Korean super heroine (super reflex/martial arts Tanker) who relocated to Paragon with W.I.S.D.O.M., but is not a part of that group. I feel rather 'blah' about my costume which is white spandex with a blue/red yin-yang symbol on the chest. 

Anyone willing to give a fresh approach to a costume pretty much as a tabula rasa because I'm open for anything as long as it is feminine and allows for freedom of movement?

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

1 hour ago, Force Redux said:

Anyone willing to give a fresh approach to a costume pretty much as a tabula rasa because I'm open for anything as long as it is feminine and allows for freedom of movement?

Here is my attempt.  I hope it's to your liking!

arisen moon1.jpg arisen moon3.jpg arisen moon4.jpg

arisen moon2.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

I need some help creating a costume/so for my new character called Hysterya. She is a rad/mental blaster and she has recently escaped from Mother of Mercy Psychiatric Hospital.

So anything like insane asylum escapee vibes! Also a seer costume. Thanks!

19 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

I need some help creating a costume/so for my new character called Hysterya. She is a rad/mental blaster and she has recently escaped from Mother of Mercy Psychiatric Hospital.

So anything like insane asylum escapee vibes! Also a seer costume. Thanks!

The asylum escapee one needs more work, but could serve as a starting point. I had wanted to make the right glove an Awakened gauntlet, but sleeveless robes doesn't allow asymmetrical use of it. In the same vein, tattered pants aren't available to female characters, and the Post Apocalyptic pants didn't feel quite right. The top is meant to be a medical gown/scrubs, but you could easily change it to a lab coat for a 'mugging the 'doctors' on the way out' vibe. Chains are mostly for symbolism, but converting them to buckled leather might also work for restraint imagery.

The base seer outfit is the first attachment, scrubs and chains version is second.

Hysterya1.png.ebaf5e4afa9df5f5f7e8101f28ea3e06.pngHysterya2.png.1af1bafa8abb67f39341325c27f9c135.pngHysterya3.png.6ad8061a42118eced796cf595bec0c3d.png

Awakened Seer base.costumeAwakened Seer02-01.costume

• Like 2

I can't quite find the combo to make this work, so maybe some of the creatives in this thread can help.

My mind/FF troller, Claustrophobia, needs a revamp. I wanted her costume to convey the feeling of being something that conveys her namesake, without being too bulky i.e. not an armored prison/iron maiden type costume. 

frm6Blk.png

Edited by Jawbreaker

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Hey all, trying to get some ideas for a Banished Pantheon theme look for a character.  She will be a Storm/Storm Corrupter, so wanted to go with a more magic/caster look, trying to incorporate the Bioluminescence that the high end Banished Pantheon caster have, but cant quite find the right combo.  Anyone have any ideas they can share?

Thanks!

On 2/15/2024 at 1:30 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Spotted this costume out in the wild - and with some changes, it'll perfect for one of my toons...  So, I figured I'd ask the experts here:  How to duplicate this costume?

Screenshot (937) A.png

This should do it.

Doc_Scorp_request.thumb.JPG.b8cf6a0b047570f5dc022d977b0778db.JPG

Request1.costume

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

6 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Cx35c2u.jpg

Truthfully, I've never seen the movie (and now I'm disinclined to look) so I have no idea what you're talking about...  🙂

I do have a song stuck in my head, but it's this one:

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 2/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Truthfully, I've never seen the movie (and now I'm disinclined to look) so I have no idea what you're talking about...  🙂

I do have a song stuck in my head, but it's this one:

Dwayne Johnson singing is just plain fun.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
Swapped to the full-length version of song
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I need some costume ideas for a new speedster hero I have.  Character's name is Quickfoot and her backstory is that she was severely injured during the second Rikti war, and was enhanced with cybernetic limbs and boosted reflexes which give her superhuman speed and reflexes.  Her powersets are Street Justice/Super reflexes.  

I'm looking for a costume design that would emphasize they have bionic arms and legs, without looking too bulky.  The character also has red hair, so a green costume would look best as well.  I hope that’s enough info to help the creative people out there.  Thanks in advance for the help.

@CeeGee on Everlasting

32 minutes ago, SuperJoe said:

I need some costume ideas for a new speedster hero I have.  Character's name is Quickfoot and her backstory is that she was severely injured during the second Rikti war, and was enhanced with cybernetic limbs and boosted reflexes which give her superhuman speed and reflexes.  Her powersets are Street Justice/Super reflexes.  

I'm looking for a costume design that would emphasize they have bionic arms and legs, without looking too bulky.  The character also has red hair, so a green costume would look best as well.  I hope that’s enough info to help the creative people out there.  Thanks in advance for the help.

@CeeGee on Everlasting

This is what I came up with:

Quickfoot.thumb.JPG.ee21b321a0ea667f3253d70d35cbbf38.JPG

You can replace the ball cap with ponytail or spiked hair style which I think also give a "speedy" look.

Quickfoot.costume

49 minutes ago, SuperJoe said:

Looks pretty good.  How can I download that costume file to view it, though?

Save the .costume file they attached into your homecoming\costumes folder, then you should be able to load it from within the game, in the costume editor window/interface.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:09 PM, JebidiahBeetus said:

I've always wanted to make a kunoichi character in CoH, but I just can't get the combination of costume pieces (and even harder, the color scheme) right so i've never made one. It seems like every time I pick one costume piece I like, it automatically disables another one. Champions Online has the advantage over CoH in that you're able to layer clothing pieces which always makes for more dynamic outfits, but unfortunately we're limited with our choices over here. If you think you can do this concept justice, use these reference pictures and give it a try:

image.thumb.png.7a15fa54eae80ea6de1e742959674ef8.png
image.thumb.png.937e745a008a0c202fe84a2f94f9c442.png

I gave this a shot as well, I actually found trying to incorporate all of the colors pretty challenging, but in the end I quite like the chaotic look. I felt like the one black boot actually brought it together a bit more. I've attached a few files with different mask/scarf options. This was fun!

Kunoichi1.PNG.7dccc8d39f9bf60f856a422dc8bc81c9.PNGKunoichi1Battle.thumb.PNG.2ebef9c8a07f9fb5da9a2724039469ee.PNG

Kunoichi Jester Mask.costume Kunoichi Jester.costume Kunoichi Mask.costume Kunoichi No Mask.costume Kunoichi Short Mask.costume

Edited by BigBubbalu
1 word
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 5:09 PM, JebidiahBeetus said:

I've always wanted to make a kunoichi character in CoH, but I just can't get the combination of costume pieces (and even harder, the color scheme) right so i've never made one. It s

Spoiler

eems like every time I pick one costume piece I like, it automatically disables another one. Champions Online has the advantage over CoH in that you're able to layer clothing pieces which always makes for more dynamic outfits, but unfortunately we're limited with our choices over here. If you think you can do this concept justice, use these reference pictures and give it a try:

image.thumb.png.7a15fa54eae80ea6de1e742959674ef8.png
image.thumb.png.937e745a008a0c202fe84a2f94f9c442.png

there are lots of options.. fiddling with the colors probably would take some time.

image.png.89f10423f0f9d30d762e3e6d3cba0962.pngimage.png.ef6f86a11c7c2872c03bbe890b0a4f2e.pngimage.png.90729aca25a1f857fc7a276f1c2741b8.png000000.costume

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have a concept i need some help actualizing. Now this character could either be male or female, it all depends on what ideas i can come up with for costumes. So the concept is d&d Archfey, so think queen titania or Lord Oberon, regal, fae.

HI COH community!  I need some costume ideas for my Empath Defender, Madame Mercy.  Her current costume's ok, but I think it could use some tuning up, and I'm having trouble with coming up ideas.  She's magic origin, powersets are Emp/Erg blast.  I envision her as being a modern day cleric, if that helps with costume ideas.  Thanks in advance for any assistence.

image.png.e3cf3bf5ac86ea57701bdaaa11ece05e.png

Shaf.costume

On 9/9/2019 at 6:07 PM, biostem said:

Nice!  So I have a character, (archery/tactical arrow blaster), that I'm really liking.  She's a former member of the Malta Operatives.  I have about 5 costumes for her already, and they all follow the general theme of starting off in full Malta-inspired military gear, and slowly moving toward more civilian-styled clothes, (so first costume has the helmet, goggles, a breather mask, flak jacket, etc, 2nd drops the helmet and flak jacket, etc).  She uses a jetpack, (the more compact one with "wings" that fold up when not flying), so I want keep that, and she obviously uses a bow.  I'd love to see some other folks' interpretations!  I'm not at my computer ATM, but I'll try to post some screenshots if I can, for reference...

Edit:  Here are a few screenshots, from most armored to most casual:

You'll need to tweak the colors to your liking. I went for a sleek and sexy, lightly armored and high tech archer look.

Screenshot2024-03-07234130.thumb.png.b321ef05c34562b6a0cfef4e36d9dfd5.pngScreenshot2024-03-08000622.thumb.png.dabc023b0b7b46625368e9d949390859.pngScreenshot2024-03-07233937.thumb.png.73426f169c7b3657c54a24259a0af576.png

Edited by JCMcBoo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"As Nintova suggests, you can treat a tanker like a melee controller."

- Heraclea