Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

I don't see why we need multiple costume request threads - who cares *why* you're making the request - do so, and those who are interested in making the attempt will do so.  No need to spread out the requests, as others may get inspiration or otherwise adapt the designs presented for their own purposes...

• Like 2

This thread is for people who want help making costumes using stuff that's already in the game.  The other thread is for costume parts/features people would like to see added to the game.  I could definitely understand how devs looking for ideas would NOT want to have to sort through 40+ pages of a thread to sift out a few ideas.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I don't know if anyone has tried this but has anyone had any luck making a character costume that looks like a Minbari of the Warrior Caste from Babylon 5 wielding a Denn'bok (Minbari fighting pike)? I'm referring specifically to the outfit worn by Alyt Neroon during his fight with Marcus Cole in the episode "Grey 17 is Missing".

On 6/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, CrimtheCold said:

I don't know if anyone has tried this but has anyone had any luck making a character costume that looks like a Minbari of the Warrior Caste from Babylon 5 wielding a Denn'bok (Minbari fighting pike)? I'm referring specifically to the outfit worn by Alyt Neroon during his fight with Marcus Cole in the episode "Grey 17 is Missing".

Costume or bone crest as well?  The latter might be quite tricky.

On 6/25/2023 at 4:27 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Hi all you super creative folks. I am wonder how close can you get to the Arachnos Mu costume.

I have a backstory for the child of an illicit relationship between Mu wizard and a Night Widow.

Aside from the helmet? Not very, in my opinion - lots of unique parts. Here's my attempt anyway. Buckled Leather is to try to represent all the straps restraining Mu Mystics' limbs, while his actual belt was taken from Archmage Tarxius's outfit.

782584051_Muattempt.png.bf884f2b3d0e250f9742a4d04dc3ca78.png

Mu base2.costume

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Techwright said:

Costume or bone crest as well?  The latter might be quite tricky.

I'm pretty sure the bone crest is impossible with the costume options currently available.  I'm just trying to get close to the costume itself.

• 2 weeks later

Hey All,

Trying to remake a character back from the original CoH. Don't really have a concept for him, other than that his name is Lockejaw and he has the mecha chin option. Currently playing around with him being an ice stalker who had to have his jaw/arms replaced with some form of cryo-infused tech after an accident. Really just looking for some different options/ideas for him.

He originally was a claws/SR scrapper back in the old days.

Lockejaw.thumb.png.c6d5a9acbcade5fa693d580f96bd8869.png

• Like 1

Ok, I know cat characters are not original but I had a concept/background I liked and have been waiting forever to find one that matched up with Savage Melee. But this looks more mouse-y to me? I tried it with a tail which didn't make much of a difference. Wondering if a different chest/leg piece with one of the tiger-stripe patterns would maybe be a better fit? SOS!

*note this is a human in a supersuit, not a catperson.

hellclaw.png

5 hours ago, BigBubbalu said:

Hey All,

Trying to remake a character back from the original CoH. Don't really have a concept for him, other than that his name is Lockejaw and he has the mecha chin option. Currently playing around with him being an ice stalker who had to have his jaw/arms replaced with some form of cryo-infused tech after an accident. Really just looking for some different options/ideas for him.

He originally was a claws/SR scrapper back in the old days.

Lockejaw.thumb.png.c6d5a9acbcade5fa693d580f96bd8869.png

This is a really great starting point. I couldn't think of much to change about it other than adding some texture and getting the arms and boots to sort-of-match. Ice Melee is super fun on a stalker so I went with the elemental order gloves, but if you decide not to go that route, I use the Celestial gloves on a few power-armor characters.

lockjaw.png

Edited by Agorazium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

842978486_Screenshot2023-08-10202401.thumb.png.081d46919cb8a498a18946d7a6eca753.png

Need help with Technicutioner. A punisher style character who uses an electrified mace. His first two costumes are more street level executioner but I decided I really wanted to lean into the electric mace. Inspired by the Spider-Man character Cardiac, the backpack generator sends the current to the gloves, and the gloves electrify the mace but for some reason the face bothers me. Only request I have to use is either of the two maces shown.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 202713.png

• 2 weeks later
22 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

Ok i'm trying to make a shark character.  The name i chose was White Mako.  I tried putting up a pic, but it said the file size was too large.  I need some ideas.  What do you guys think ?? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Almost forgot, there were a few shark posts in this very thread a while back! That discussion starts here.

My shark looks like this:

shark.jpg

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

1 minute ago, smnolimits43 said:

I like it, i have an idea for the chest and legs, what mask is that, and where can i get the Fin on his head ??

Select "full mask" as the head type (the kind that doesn't let you pick a hairstyle), the fin is one of the top-of-head options.

The mask is Grin.

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Alright, got a weird request for a character that's been in my head for a while, but can't quite figure out how to make him work.  So, I'm gonna hit you with the inverse of the "Theme Music - Every Good Hero Should Have Some" thread and post his most likely theme song:

(Side note - Vivaldi's "Allegro non molto" was the front-runner theme until "Wednesday" stole it from me.  Stole it!  From ME!!!)

His original concept was as the latest in a long line of hero types, descended from a lieutenant who had faithfully served Vlad Tepes before the latter's transformation.  That ancestor charged his descendants with the task of minimizing the monster's damage (he knew it couldn't be killed, at least, not for long), and, over time their mandate changed to protecting people from supernatural dangers in general.

This character would be the last of the line.

So what do I need help with?  Everything.  Suggestions for ATs, power sets, an outfit that's reasonably modern, but still "old world" in some ways.  Name suggestions would be most welcome - his original name was to be "Doctor Vulko," until I found out that the name was stolen - STOLEN! - by an old Aquaman comic.  The nerve.

The character would be tall, at least partially silver-haired, severely intelligent, and wholly uncompromising.  If he were a 5e D&D character, he would absolutely be a vengeance paladin.  If he were a Robert E. Howard character, he'd be Solomon Kane.  Throw in a morbid sense of humor as well.

And, please, no monocles.

On 8/21/2023 at 8:38 PM, TheOtherTed said:

he would absolutely be a vengeance paladin

Just how flexible are you in the character concept?  Depending upon how much you are willing to bend the concept, an interesting idea could be a dual pistol/willpower sentinel with the ninja tool mastery APP, so he could also wield a sword.  If you wanted something with a bit more of a magical flair, storm, rad, or even fire blast would work nicely, and if you wanted something more low-tech, go with archery.  Alternatively, skip ninja tool mastery and go with fire mastery colored white for a sort of "holy fire", plus you can get a PBAoE heal from that if you want a bit of team support.

Edited by biostem
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, biostem said:

dual pistol/willpower sentinel

I was actually thinking about a dual pistol / something-something sentinel.  Tried sentinel once when I first discovered HC, but it didn't feel right to me at the time - so much so that I've forgotten what powersets I actually used.  I love the idea of dual pistols, but couldn't make that work either, at least not with a corruptor.  Wondering now if maybe a pistols / ninjutsu sent might work - but willpower does feel closer to the character's theme.  Out of curiosity, how strong is the psionic defense in the sent version of Willpower?

In any case, the character wouldn't be "magical" in any sense other than that he fights magical things.  Almost any sort of weapon, modern or medieval, would work, as would traps, devices, etc.  Archery is right out, though - I've already got two qualitatively different archer types, and I wouldn't want to run a third.  Beam Rifle is also a no-go; I can't stand the sound, and I'm sorry to say that I haven't found a sound replacer that I'd be satisfied with.

4 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Wondering now if maybe a pistols / ninjutsu

I have a 50 storm/ninjitsu sentinel.  It's a rather nice secondary, but because it has slightly lower defense values and no passive boost to end recovery, you'll need to lean more on the click heal and end recovery powers.  Still, the in-built stealth & crit ability is rather nice.  I didn't bother with blinding power, so I can't speak to that.  Also, the auto power is where you get your KB protection from.

Pistols would be a good fit, conceptually, as you could stick with the regular or incendiary rounds, (though the cryo rounds also grant a permanent range boost as long as you keep that ammo type toggle on).

i’ve been stumped for a while. can someone help me design a “built from scraps” armor? i tried and got sidetracked 😂 and ended up being a “Nova Core lookalike” for reference, my toon is a blueside Fire/Martial Combat Tech Blaster & i was trying to upgrade the suit as he comes into being a hero (i know, REAL original) but if there are any recommendations itd be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1457.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Szyro said:

i’ve been stumped for a while. can someone help me design a “built from scraps” armor?

I'm at work and away from my computer right now so I can't bang anything out as an example, but my first thought here is that you should work with asymmetry. Nothing says "I'm working with what I have, not what I want" like mismatched gloves, boots and shoulder pads, maybe even one of the robotic arm options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mjolnerd said:

I'm at work and away from my computer right now so I can't bang anything out as an example, but my first thought here is that you should work with asymmetry. Nothing says "I'm working with what I have, not what I want" like mismatched gloves, boots and shoulder pads, maybe even one of the robotic arm options.

i am away at vacation 😭 i just wanted to ask so when i get back i cam try your ideas🤛🏽