Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

Loading your build come up normal bash. Bash's Static Index should be 5654. Sounds like it might be your copy with the DB issue?

Well, that's unfortunate. At least (thus far) it's a seemingly harmless quirk beyond not being able to account for any later desired set bonuses.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why are you asking for help with Mid's Reborn in the thread for the Homecoming Hero Builder?

Ah, well that's awkward.  The chain of events was.

1: Ask on Homcoming discord "Anyone happen to know what the most up to date pines build is, or should I check the forums? Lastest pin is for Mids Reborn"

2: Get told ""Last news was pines joined up with mids to work on stuff."" ""So it looks like Mids reborn is the way to go""

3: Naively assume that the latest as of this very second Homecoming discord pins (AT-Build-General) were valid (For Mids reborn 2.54)  And hey, this is the pinned builder tool thread in the tool's subforum. Even mentioning the Mids+Pines team up in the title. Must be the place! (And with the OP listing lower a version number of 2.23, assumed it was a slightly out of date OP)

So you can imagine my embarrassment, to discover "Actually, you should have been using this THIRD builder", apparently.

Even still, in that case, whoever is in charge of listing up to date Homecoming discord pins getting that sorted for "Why would you ever use Mids reborn for Homecoming?" would prevent people from making idiots of themselves like me in the future.

On the bright side, I always get a laugh when "Read the ****ing manual" is the apparent CAUSE of my problems. And no matter what brand name or quirks, City Of Hero's character planners have spoiled me forever on all other planners.

Yeah, the Homecoming Discord advertising Mids' Reborn 2.54 and the Homecoming forums advertising the Homecoming Hero Designer 2.23 is a little awkward.

IIRC:

Pine wanted to come up with a new name when we joined together. We discussed possibilities landed on something we weren't invested in, Pine made a few changes in various text titling as Homecoming Hero Designer. I thought before any releases/titling was announced,  Crytilis/Metalios joined up before we settled on anything, he had a domain and name picked before joining up. We went with that, Pine's/Homecoming Hero Designer is being rebranded as `Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer`.

Left one part out. I started as imaginary-hero-designer on github, thinking Pine was gone and wasn't returning (turns out he was on a lovely honeymoon). Then Pine returned and I threw out my efforts, and we put his version into the github. Sooooo I really hope we can get this thread name updated, but all 4 names are one in the same =/ with the repo naming being the oddest-man-out

Sooooo I really hope we can get this thread name updated

Go to first post.

Original Poster clicks modify on post.

Edit title of post.

Save.

Compared to the programming you guys deal with, this one's trivial.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Sooooo I really hope we can get this thread name updated

Go to first post.

Original Poster clicks modify on post.

Edit title of post.

Save.

Compared to the programming you guys deal with, this one's trivial.

that's great, but only Pine can do that afaik. i've reached out but he has a new wife/family to spend his time with, not sure when/if he will get to it.

I have a bit of a neophyte's question regarding changes to the program.  Apparently, the issue I identified on the GitHub was pulled and closed today (yay!).  Will this change be available immediately or will it wait until a new update is released?  Also, will the program's check for update feature work, or will i need to uninstall and reinstall?

You guys are awesome, thanks for everything!

I have a bit of a neophyte's question regarding changes to the program.  Apparently, the issue I identified on the GitHub was pulled and closed today (yay!).  Will this change be available immediately or will it wait until a new update is released?  Also, will the program's check for update feature work, or will i need to uninstall and reinstall?

You guys are awesome, thanks for everything!

Available at next release. I plan to release today, planning for within the next 3 hours.

We went with that, Pine's/Homecoming Hero Designer is being rebranded as `Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer`.

I remember this one clearly, so yeah, I can see the confusion.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Can we get updated Proc information for enhancements, including PPM rate? Also, can the tool be configured to accurately calculate the probability of a Proc and have that calculation show in the description text? I would expect adding recharge to a power, the probability would go down. It would also be nice to have this formula used when calculate the damage with procs.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Something is off with recharge calculations.  I recreated my in-game toon, and all the recharge times in the builder are significantly faster.

Also, what's the deal with all these names and versions?  Is the link on the first page of this post still the correct one?  When you go there is says Hero Builder 2.22.0.8 but the program says Pines 2.23 and has an update date of 5/16/19.  Is this the correct/latest version?

The deal with all the versions and names is the first case of several people all coming together and not really knowing how to communicate everything with eachother. My appologies. :/ We hope to work on that in the future.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

The deal with all the versions and names is the first case of several people all coming together and not really knowing how to communicate everything with eachother. My appologies. :/ We hope to work on that in the future.

Indeed, sorry about that everyone. However going forward you can count on the versions being more streamlined and as for the name that will remain the same as it is in its current form most likely. We have good things in store for everyone. Now with that being said....go forth build! and kill Rikti!

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

I have a Pines question; when you click the 'Enhance' tab of a power, you get the Pre and Post ED values. If you have a post ED value over 100%, does it actually hit for over 100%? i.e. you have power with a pre ED of 170.44% of Dmg and a post of 124.27%, does it do 124.27% of the power's damage or is the damage capped at 100%? So I should reslot it to give it better Acc or End Red.

So is there a new version out?  I did check for updates and it still says 5/16 is the latest version...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

In the View Totals -> Misc Buffs box, the text for speed gets cut off and jumbled when viewing in miles or kilometers per hour. This could be easily fixed by abbreviating to MPH and KPH respectively. Feet and meters per second are already abbreviated and don't have this problem.

• Like 1

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I've updated to the new 2.6, and it's not saving some settings.  It does not save the Discord Export Settings, nor does it save Updates & Paths.  I tried adding a Discord Server, and changed the default save folder.  Neither of them will stick when re-opening Mid's Reborn.