Titan Weapons: Follow Through

Lost Ninja

Just started out on a TW/Bio Brute, on reading the power description for follow through it seems like an easy pick, however in practice I can never use it. The power starts off unusable, gets an orange ring around it when I have momentum, but never actually becomes usable. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't taken the "Build Up" power yet (I tend to pick those up later when I have a solid attack chain). I'm only level 10 so is it something that will only work with later powers?

If you don't have access to it, it's most likely because you are Exemplared. Follow Through and Whriling Smash both require Momentum to get going.

Hope you get out of that DFB soon because level 1 Titan Weapon suuuuuuuuuuuuucks XD Once you get Whirling Smash at 26 and Arc of Destruction at 32 is where it gets serious.

TW/Bio Scrapper is my main currently and I am enjoying it very much, good choice !

Edited by Seigmoraig

You also should very certainly take build momentum, regardless of attack chain, because that power is the fulcrum of the whole set- allowing you momentum when at zero, then building momentum naturally, then clicking build again- its a cycle you need to get familiar with as early as possible.

Gave up on the character at 24, just hate the clunky animations if you miss and lose momentum. I don't mind the "mini-game" like powers that seem to predominate the newer sets (I'm loving water Blast on a Blaster), this one just feel clunky to me. Re-rolled as Rad/Bio... same level and much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

TW is definitely not for everyone. The early game is very brutal for the very reason you enumerated. It really comes into it's own starting at level 32 when you get the last power.

Good luck on your quest to finding your perfect character 🙂 I went through 3 pages of characters before I settled on my TW/Bio Scrapper !

Edited by Seigmoraig

For someone who has theory crafted a TW build but has not yet made one, can someone explain to me something about Momentum?

I want to know, if you activate Momentum, does it refresh the 5 second timer on Momentum when you use one of the momentum starter attacks, or do you have to wait until momentum wears off, then reapply Momentum with a slow attack?

Thanks,

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

For someone who has theory crafted a TW build but has not yet made one, can someone explain to me something about Momentum?

I want to know, if you activate Momentum, does it refresh the 5 second timer on Momentum when you use one of the momentum starter attacks, or do you have to wait until momentum wears off, then reapply Momentum with a slow attack?

Thanks,

Any TW attacks gives you Momentum when (if) you hit your target.

Images are better than words (with my rusty english... :x)

• Thanks 2

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

Thanks,

You have to reapply with a slow attack.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

Thanks,

Momentum lasts 5 seconds, when it's up the moves don't apply momentum and you have to re-swing a slow attack to get it rolling again. Or hit build-up

It's frustratingly good to play with weird hitches and pauses at inopportune times.

My tw/rad scrap (lvl 30) is something I don't look forward to playing when I log in, but once I complete a mission or two I have a hard time logging off.

It is almost comical how fast the set is under momentum, like katana fast.

build momentum can be used to extend the momentum time for a smoother experience.

I suspect that with a lot of recharge and good timing, you can live a lot of the time in the state of momentum.

there are times I feel like a bad teammate because I wont bother helping with the last slivers while the poor fender/troller slowly drops them. normally I'd hop over and use a lower tier attack to quickly drop them but with TW that isnt an option. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frostweaver said:

is the momentum-building animation for all attacks the same time, or do different attacks have different momentum-building times? I'd very much like to know if one momentum-builder is faster than the rest.

They are different. Crushing blow is the fastest animation that starts momentum (2s cast time, 2.244s arcanatime). It also has the least different between slow animation versus fast animation (2s slow cast, 1.2s fast cast). So if you're looking to minimize wasted animation, crushing blow is probably your best bet.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I dont feel animation speed of "diving into momentum" is worth over the DPA or utilities : on my testing, for scrapper, opening momentum burst with Arc (to proc scrapper +50% crit ATO) or Rend armor (for debuff and the DPA of the attack) was always better than crushing blow.

I know other TW even "remove" crushing blow for moonbeam. I have to admit it s not an option for me : i "main tank" with my tw bio scrapper so the only "non momentum" attacks i allow myself are DNA and taunt (only for AV cause we almost always run heavy def buff team so support are on mélée range and the TW bio scrapper area damage clear thrash and agro)

On 9/20/2019 at 3:18 AM, Frostweaver said:

Well, Bio has a LOT of clickies to interrupt momentum. You probably get used to it. I am running a TW/will specificially to minimize interrupt clickies, so the idea of opening with a two second attack in order to quickly get into ideal damage state is very appealing.

it might be true for the arc of destruction opening for brute, they dont have strong ato to proc : for scrapper, the +50% crit on arc is hard to avoid.

If the Rend Armor have a achille Heels chance for - res on top of his own debuff, i'm not sure the (2.244 - 2.508) 0,264 sec is not so worth compared to def / res debuff.

Given that TW dps is all about hitting our FT as much as possible, i prefer to dive in momentum on a debuff target (or with a chance to have +50% crit chance for a few seconds).

Edit About the clickies, it's like the huge endurance need : all is solved by Set bonus,+5 ios and incarnates : i choosed a 45,51 def lethal / smash def with lighter others def at 37ish % (in offensive). With such def and Ablative / defensive adaptation used "pre pull" i dont really need to click things.

1807 absorb is a cool mitigation tool.

I used my DNA to taunt or before diving into momentum and i dont even have parasitic.

When i solo AV, i use Demonic Aura as a "pseudo T9".

When i team, i always have 1 or 2 cold defenders with max def and HP buff or /dark controler.

Edited by Tsuko
clarify things

On 9/18/2019 at 3:02 PM, Lost Ninja said:

Gave up on the character at 24, just hate the clunky animations if you miss and lose momentum. I don't mind the "mini-game" like powers that seem to predominate the newer sets (I'm loving water Blast on a Blaster), this one just feel clunky to me. Re-rolled as Rad/Bio... same level and much more enjoyable.

I hear ya, I see tales on these forums of how awesome it is. I've tried several tw characters and it just hasn't clicked with me yet. Highest I managed was getting a tw/will character to 28. I personally prefer war mace a lot more. It may not hit as hard as tw, but it still hits pretty damn hard and there is no momentum mechanic to juggle and the animations are far more endurable.