Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Last one tonight. (I heard you say "thank god!" all the way over here.) This is totally inspired by my browsing this thread from the beginning, specifically Blastodon by Damoklese. I don't recall which page he was on, but I was immediately taken by him and I wanted to do my own.

The joke in the bio is that he's actually an armadillo, not an aardvark, but both guys in that scenario are idiots, so...

Haardvark-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/fpNrZnF

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

For the past week I've wanted to make an Alt whose whole idea is that his skin is made out of steel, just like Colossus from the X-Men. But I've been struggling on a look I like for a whole week till I decided to make him, what I didn't want him to be originally, a classic spandex wearing superhero. So here is my SS/Invul Brute, Steel-Fist.

2021-12-09.png

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Britannic said:

Thanks for the compliments for Britannic, the idea for her head gear came from two other heroes I'd created back on live, and now Homecoming. The first being another British hero; the Nobleman:

Nobleman Bio.jpg

screenshot_211209-07-22-13.jpg

screenshot_211209-07-22-57.jpg

screenshot_211209-07-23-08.jpg

screenshot_211209-07-23-17.jpg

I dig it.  It's really a shame though that the lion faces sinister instead of dexter. I wish the costume devs would make a copy of it facing the other direction. (Not to replace but to also have a dexter lion.)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I made a new guy just now. I know, I know... I'm aware.

Okay, so here's the convoluted brain mix that combined to create this guy: I saw the groovy hippie toons some of you posted a few pages back, reminding me of the one I made back in the day. I thought, "Cool!" and didn't think anything more of it. Over on Goodreads in the Sword & Laser book club (it's terrific, come join us, tell 'em Trike sent you), last month we read Alastair Reynolds' "Aurora Rising", formerly known as "The Prefect." In that novel one of the main locations is the planet Yellowstone, like the park. Yesterday I listened to the Seth Rogen memoir "Yearbook", which has a truly all-star cast of guest voices, but as you might imagine there is a LOT of talk of drugs. Today for no reason while I was cooking dinner the word "Mellowstone" popped into my head. No idea why, because I was listening to the Ron Howard & Clint Howard autobiography "The Boys". (Their dad was a cowboy before becoming an actor, so maybe...?) And we have these new seismic powers.

All that mooshed up in my brain to create a Radiation/Seismic Defender, and I saw that the name Mellowstone wasn't taken on Excelsior, so bingo-presto, meet Roberto Blumstein, Jewish Latino hippie:

Mellowstone-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/TDfXVst

He needed a sidekick, so I punned another national park, this time Redwood:

Mellowstone-Zedwood.jpg

https://ibb.co/X7NNjHZ

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is "Victorious Star" - my patriotic themed character.  Energy/Martial Combat Blaster.  

1998880921_VickiStar1.jpg.258d41ed01375f090490ccc9f91be158.jpg497129843_VickiStar2.jpg.33886322267273ab6ae9ea0a2871ae27.jpg1864753452_VickiStar3.jpg.671bf33cec3f30739f2f05c8a95d8d4f.jpg1629014290_VickiStar4.jpg.5ef1bf8a39dc7af04bb3ddcf0228dd41.jpg1174877021_VickiStar9.jpg.430c34c0662943f62b04c3943f1989ef.jpg

Classic "Armored" look....

516123158_VickiStar5.jpg.d8d074ef08753ddfd420bcb4ea6079c8.jpg

For her Martial Arts tournaments....

1664773113_VickiStar6.jpg.9bdad5958ce721dc8d66eb7bbdc375a8.jpg

Many young Superheroes still have to go to school....

1877008716_VickiStar7.jpg.daba6f53aaf1e5bb17ecebf8e3e6e8af.jpg

Retro Armored look and for fighting those nasty Romans....

504528455_VickiStar8.jpg.b22f71fadd175e882c063e33db5f7692.jpg

Her glam comic book look....

385827994_VickiStar10.jpg.1606301b835e90cf2df1cf502206ae2e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sable Spectre

(Dark Melee/Shield Scrapper)

Lurking in the darkness of night and the shadows of day, that’s where you’ll find me; prowling; searching; hunting. For what, I don’t know.  But I need it; whatever it is.  It calls me; wants me to find it.  And I have a need to find it; I don’t know why; but I must.  It’s tough to find something when you don’t know what you’re looking for.  What is it?  An object?  A person?  Maybe.  Maybe a memory? …A memory....

I have memories... I think they’re memories.  They’re just flashes; incoherent, detached, and dark.  They flip by like drawings on pages of a stop-animation book.  They’re all I have left of my life.  I think they’re of my life.  What else could they be?  They haunt me; plague me; follow me like a ghost in the night; a spectre.  Over and over they play like the old serials from decades ago.  At least I assume it’s been decades; the world now is nothing like what it is in my memories.  Things look different.  But somehow, people seem the same; cruel; uncaring; unjust.  Yeah, there are exceptions; there always are; innocents; good people.  But I don’t know them.  Maybe at one time I did; but not now. Everywhere I turn, there’s still mayhem; corruption; murder; death. 

Death?  Wait; I know that feeling.  I think I was dead once.  I don’t know how I died, but I remember feeling cold with darkness surrounding me.  I don’t know for how long either.  But something brought me back; back to life.  I remember waking; still surrounded in darkness; like a black veil covering me that I could see through.  I can’t remember.  Why can’t I remember?  If I died, I should know how.  I should know why.  If I was brought back, I should know who I first saw.  Maybe it never happened.  ...No.  That’s not right; it did happen; I can feel that it happened.  I was dead; and now I’m not.

But something is different; something new; something unlike how I am in my memories; at least I think it’s me in the images that flash through my mind.  I have new abilities; powers; dark powers; powers that allow me to do things that I couldn’t before.  The darkness surges through me; urges me to use it. It’s as if it has a will of its own and guides my instincts and actions.  It makes me strong, fierce, and vicious; like a sable hunting its prey at night.

Oddly, the darkness lets me see the world more clearly; especially at night, and in the shadows.  It lets me see into the hearts of men.  It pushes me to strike out against the evil ones; to bring them down.  The darkness makes me feel good when I do; almost too good; like a junkie getting his fix.  Is that what I’m searching for; the satisfaction of bringing down the corrupt and unjust?  No, that can’t be it; no matter how many I bring down, it’s not enough to satisfy the craving.  No, the darkness is leading me to something; I have to find it; can’t stop if I tried; just like I can’t get this thing off my arm.

Yeah, there’s something attached to my arm now; a device of some sort.  I don’t know what it is exactly; who made it; or who put it there.  I awoke from the dead and it was there.  I can’t remove it; but not sure I really want to; it activates when enemies are near. T he dark power courses through it and shields me; protects me.  It lets me know who to trust and who not to.  If it activates and you’re near, there’s a good chance you’ve done something evil and I’ll be coming for you; unless there’s a lowlife standing behind you.  Whatever the case, when this shield activates; you’d better run and pray it’s not you I’m coming for; I won’t stop; can’t stop; the darkness won’t let me.

1803378082_SableSpectre2.jpg.28d41aa01ebe09ebae752443d504d62b.jpg

1030442413_SableSpectre4.thumb.jpg.9c8a583b156d1b41c19c3687af199e27.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here's one I forgot to show earlier but I quite like. He was created long before I knew of the Seismic powers coming, so he doesn't have those. Fire/Fire Brute.

The basic concept is his core temperature rises as it ascends from his feet to his head, to sort of emulate a volcano's structure. So I used very dark red for the boots, slightly lighter for the legs, brighter for the torso, then Spectrum + Fire Aura for his head. I mixed-and-matched the Fire and Ice patterns to get the widening cracks, then for his right glove I used Stone (with a black and gray Blend option to show the cooling), as if it's a solidified bit of a basalt, and Organic for the left to simulate an offshoot lava vent.

I was reading about rocks when this idea came to me. I also created another character at the same time. likewise based on rock. She's up next.

MrMagma2.jpg

https://ibb.co/SNmnbdF

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is the Onyx Lynx, an artistic sculpture come to life. She gets the most compliments of any of my characters, and this is genuinely one of my favorite designs I've come up with.

I was reading about rocks and noticed that the prized black and white onyx looks a lot like the Ice option. I combined it with Lynx because of the letter similarity and evoked the lynx goddess to explain why she has mastery over animals. Except they're not real animals, just spirit animals, because I hate the cries of pain they utter when defeated. (This is my 40th year in animal rescue.) So I rationalize the noise as the ectoplasm evaporating temporarily before reforming to resume their attack.

Despite the demon thing about onyx (an actual belief some people had), I already had a demon MM and didn't want another, so she's Beast/Dark. Ideally I'd have her control various rock shards like the Devouring Earth to continue with the sculpture theme, but this is the best I can do with what's in the game. If I'd known this Seismic stuff was coming down the pike, I'd'a waited.

The tail doesn't match the skin pattern perfectly, but it's surprisingly really close.

Onyx-Lynx-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/d0Jf3jr

Onyx-Lynx2.jpg

https://ibb.co/xM47NkL

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Trike said:

This is the Onyx Lynx, an artistic sculpture come to life. She gets the most compliments of any of my characters, and this is genuinely one of my favorite designs I've come up with.

I was reading about rocks and noticed that the prized black and white onyx looks a lot like the Ice option. I combined it with Lynx because of the letter similarity and evoked the lynx goddess to explain why she has mastery over animals. Except they're not real animals, just spirit animals, because I hate the cries of pain they utter when defeated. (This is my 40th year in animal rescue.) So I rationalize the noise as the ectoplasm evaporating temporarily before reforming to resume their attack.

Despite the demon thing about onyx (an actual belief some people had), I already had a demon MM and didn't want another, so she's Beast/Dark. Ideally I'd have her control various rock shards like the Devouring Earth to continue with the sculpture theme, but this is the best I can do with what's in the game. If I'd known this Seismic stuff was coming down the pike, I'd'a waited.

The tail doesn't match the skin pattern perfectly, but it's surprisingly really close.

Onyx-Lynx-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/d0Jf3jr

Onyx-Lynx2.jpg

https://ibb.co/xM47NkL

Very striking! I can see how she gets so many compliments. Super job!

• Like 1

Here's another one of my favorite toons... The Librarian Archivist (Psi/Temporal/Psi Blaster)

Basically, her story is that she's an introverted book-worm, studied at Croatoa Annex in Library Sciences and became an Archivist for the Paragon Public Library.  She works a lot with Azuria of MAGI and in reading all the magic books, scrolls, and meeting mystics, shamans, and gurus all over the world, she developed her own magical psychic abilities and able to manipulate time a bit.  She can also alter her appearance to make others think they're "seeing" someone else - typically another powerful psychic person (like Aurora, Sister Psyche, or etc) to help strike fear into her opponents - or to just blend in.

Little original creation on my part here however, the challenge was recreating some signature costumes / looks without having access to the correct pieces....

Her Professional and Casual day looks....

492573147_LibrarianArchivist1.jpg.415594340240e1caf7ba23c785d30447.jpg2109486787_LibrarianArchivist8.jpg.517ad7b8d223c28b1d760442b4dd8408.jpg

Praetorian Aurora Borealis (this one is pretty spot on replication)  🙂

612078346_LibrarianArchivist2.jpg.475044411bb77f174f6703f11e271320.jpg

Primal Aurora Borealis (the rings, belt and tiara aren't exact, but close!)

128465480_LibrarianArchivist3.jpg.76866b757698494d0a041a34655d4241.jpg

Sister Psyche

2076387038_LibrarianArchivist4.jpg.280095e316090a852c55fe6860571305.jpg

Mother Mayhem (All the pieces for mommy are unique, so hard duplicate.  The biggest differences are not having her head band and that belt with pointy star that pokes her belly)  😄

779093645_LibrarianArchivist5.jpg.a4b3816678a86fa38a35b57f30e06a81.jpg

A Seer....

1206423338_LibrarianArchivist6.jpg.b8aa4cfbc06dfd6d1073647076b1447a.jpg

Penny Yin (Penny also has pretty much all unique pieces, but I think I made a good effort to replicate.)  🙂

566016354_LibrarianArchivist7.jpg.512f530355545272c25ce17b3cb48040.jpg

Malaise...

966294725_LibrarianArchivist9.jpg.b8f0bbc74d3775d9641a8e96aa08c8ea.jpg

Countess Crey (we don't have access to her unique hair, dress, and gloves, but I think this is decent effort)

233097216_LibrarianArchivist10.jpg.154d7d71868472bf968da2710ab49613.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Here's another one of my favorite toons... The Librarian Archivist (Psi/Temporal/Psi Blaster)

Basically, her story is that she's an introverted book-worm, studied at Croatoa Annex in Library Sciences and became an Archivist for the Paragon Public Library.  She works a lot with Azuria of MAGI and in reading all the magic books, scrolls, and meeting mystics, shamans, and gurus all over the world, she developed her own magical psychic abilities and able to manipulate time a bit.  She can also alter her appearance to make others think they're "seeing" someone else - typically another powerful psychic person (like Aurora, Sister Psyche, or etc) to help strike fear into her opponents - or to just blend in.

Little original creation on my part here however, the challenge was recreating some signature costumes / looks without having access to the correct pieces....

Her Professional and Casual day looks....

492573147_LibrarianArchivist1.jpg.415594340240e1caf7ba23c785d30447.jpg2109486787_LibrarianArchivist8.jpg.517ad7b8d223c28b1d760442b4dd8408.jpg

That’s a cool concept and those are really terrific reproductions.

• Thanks 1