Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

22 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

We are the thousands of souls of men, women, and children who died at the hands of Nemesis during his march through Victorian Era New England to conquer America. We have joined together to share our collective strength to enact our revenge. We will destroy Nemesis. We will be avenged. We are: The Spectral Legion.  (Dark/Dark/ Soul Blaster)

Spoiler

SL 1B.jpgSL 2B.jpgSL 3B.jpgSL 4B.jpgSL 5B.jpgSL 6B.jpgSL 7B.jpgSL 8B.jpgSL 9B.jpgSL 10B.jpg

13 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

@Frozen Burn super great concept and execution! We'll done making each of the looks very different. Bravo Zulu.

Thanks so much!  This is one of my favorite characters to play.  I don't really roleplay, but the concept is that one spirit will take control and form and use the powers of the others until another spirit's will overtakes and becomes the dominant form to use the collective power - so I cycle through all the costumes at random as I go through missions.  🙂  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/29/2021 at 9:51 AM, Frozen Burn said:

We are the thousands of souls of men, women, and children who died at the hands of Nemesis during his march through Victorian Era New England to conquer America. We have joined together to share our collective strength to enact our revenge. We will destroy Nemesis. We will be avenged. We are: The Spectral Legion.  (Dark/Dark/ Soul Blaster)

SL 1B.jpg

SL 2B.jpg

SL 3B.jpg

SL 4B.jpg

SL 5B.jpg

SL 6B.jpg

SL 7B.jpg

SL 8B.jpg

SL 9B.jpg

SL 10B.jpg

The brilliance here is off the charts. I thought my grayscale girl was good, but this is next level. Kudos.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, I am sad. I was going to post pictures of my latest alt, but it seems I have reached my upload limit. I've deleted what I can from old, inactive threads, but it appears that the overwhelming bulk of my image posts have been to this still-active thread. So I've gotten my total down, but not enough. I'll still hit the limit again in just a few posts.

:classic_sad:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Well, I am sad. I was going to post pictures of my latest alt, but it seems I have reached my upload limit. I've deleted what I can from old, inactive threads, but it appears that the overwhelming bulk of my image posts have been to this still-active thread. So I've gotten my total down, but not enough. I'll still hit the limit again in just a few posts.

Are you not hosting on other sites? Follow the link in mine for a free site.

10 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Same happens to me @RikOz , good problem to have. Ive gotten better about posting smaller images. (still a tad frustrating)

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 minutes ago, Trike said:

Are you not hosting on other sites? Follow the link in mine for a free site.

Yeah, I have an Imgur account I guess I'll need to start using. Just such a pain in the neck doing it that way, compared to just dragging the pics straight into my posts from my desktop.

Okay, new Seismic Blast/Earth Manipulation blaster, Tectomancer! Kinda beefy for a blaster, I suppose, but why not? First six costumes, which I think provide a fairly good example of the progression my characters' costumes usually follow.

8VbFttN.png

6baF2b9.png

LNy7D2Z.png

cndatbz.png

hkEORrm.png

XXCtVTk.png

It's hard to see much difference between the last two. Aside from the different capes, #5 has the "Rocky Crumble" aura on his hands and feet; #6 has the same aura, but on his whole body, plus the "Seismic" movement aura.

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RikOz said:

PNGs aren't massive, but jpegs would tend to be smaller (depending on the quality setting).

Hmmm...had another idea. Let's test:

8VbFttN-min.png.67da81bc4713c2a48153f8d84aea7b08.png

The above is a compressed png which should be nearing a quarter smaller than the original you posted.

Now let's try jpeg:

8VbFttN.jpg.b51372add15c5748b2c45339d3c5e6c2.jpg

That is now down to 12% (one-eighth) the size of the original

Edited by Erratic1

12 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

PNGs aren't massive, but jpegs would tend to be smaller (depending on the quality setting).

Yeah, I just noticed while deleting stuff that they're mostly PNGs. Trying to find the setting to change that in my screenshot software.

1 hour ago, RikOz said:

A part of me wishes they'd use some of our monthly donations to upgrade the file storage limits of this board.  Honestly, I spend more time on the board than I do in-game since my playtime is limited to a couple of hours a few evenings per week.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Yeah, I just noticed while deleting stuff that they're mostly PNGs. Trying to find the setting to change that in my screenshot software.

Another option beside deleting would be to convert and edit in the new, smaller picture. But that would take some time and effort.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, Yellowjacket said:

ds3.png.79774a51142c408955f36f53c3212d43.png

ds.thumb.png.7ba87875fbba9269e7fcef0a9d194d59.png

ds2.thumb.png.bc3558e40a4c48e713fdeb675b320e8f.png

Amazing.  I've tried to use that mask but always reject it because it looks so much like it's own thing (like the brain in a jar head, it's so specific and un-modifiable that it just puts me off somehow, even though I love it).  I've also tried to superimpose something from beneath it like you did here and never made that work too.  Guess I didn't try hard enough!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Meet the Far Out Drifter.

VWo8q8b.png

I figure he went crazy while covering the war, and seeing the things he saw. Then he got yoinked up into space, and saw even crazier shit, like the Rikti and fullscale invasions and occupations of planets. Needless to say it was a trip when he made his way home and saw that the Rikti had already touched down on his home turf.

ITqU7WE.jpg

vU7wy2r.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thumbs Up 3