Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Straight out of the Pulps, comes Dr. Thorizon, (AKA Eve N. Thorizon)

I do love pulp heroes.... and villains.

Awhile back I posted Spider Smasher and promised to reveal his nemesis. Here he is... Count Nero.

Nero is an old school Arachnos lieutenant when Arachnos was still in Italy. He was never down with Recluse's plans to take control of the organization and became an enemy of him. Recluse tried to get rid of Nero by shoving him into a mysterious portal they found and activated in ancient Roman ruins. Count Nero found himself in the modern world where he now plots Recluse's downfall. He has also discovered his old enemy, do-gooder Spider Smasher, has also somehow ended up in the modern world. Choices, choices...

Count Nero is a Dark/Dark Defender on Indomitable.

UHos4fY.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've been adding to my roster of pulp characters, too. Most recently are Moon Vixen (Beam Rifle/Earth (or moon, in her case) Manipulation Blaster) and Space Buster (Warshade).

I was looking for pictures of Wilma Deering from the Buck Rogers stories and associated with her photos are all these pulp covers and pinups of silly sexualized space girls whose skin is exposed to strange, clearly hostile planets or the vacuum of space. (Frequently the male astronauts were also wearing shorts, so I don't know what that was about.) One cover in particular had a female astronaut having an adventure in space helmet and bikini and I had to do a version of that. It makes zero sense and is completely hilarious. So I borrowed the sexist flavor from the back covers of my old Star Trek novelizations and voila:

Moon-Vixen-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/XkMjw6s

Space-Buster-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/KshQFtD

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Trike said:

I've been adding to my roster of pulp characters, too. Most recently are Moon Vixen (Beam Rifle/Earth (or moon, in her case) Manipulation Blaster) and Space Buster (Warshade).

I was looking for pictures of Wilma Deering from the Buck Rogers stories and associated with her photos are all these pulp covers and pinups of silly sexualized space girls whose skin is exposed to strange, clearly hostile planets or the vacuum of space. (Frequently the male astronauts were also wearing shorts, so I don't know what that was about.) One cover in particular had a female astronaut having an adventure in space helmet and bikini and I had to do a version of that. It makes zero sense and is completely hilarious. So I borrowed the sexist flavor from the back covers of my old Star Trek novelizations and voila:

Moon-Vixen-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/XkMjw6s

Space-Buster-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/KshQFtD

"Buster", eh?  😉

The Dork Review: Buster Crabbe-Greatest Sci-Fi Actor of ...

Maybe they use personal force fields instead of spacesuits?  😆

Half the fun of pulp space sci-fi is embracing just how gloriously ridiculous it is when viewed through the lens of a post-Mercury Seven world.  The other half is probably the shock of realizing some of the concepts and looks pitched have actually come true:

#photo | Part of the prototype Starship rocket company SpaceX has fallen due to strong wind

• Like 3

On 12/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Techwright said:

"Buster", eh?  😉

The Dork Review: Buster Crabbe-Greatest Sci-Fi Actor of ...

Maybe they use personal force fields instead of spacesuits?  😆

Half the fun of pulp space sci-fi is embracing just how gloriously ridiculous it is when viewed through the lens of a post-Mercury Seven world.  The other half is probably the shock of realizing some of the concepts and looks pitched have actually come true:

#photo | Part of the prototype Starship rocket company SpaceX has fallen due to strong wind

Makes me wonder if Adrian's attire from Watchmem was inspired by these pulp heroes. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, jordanlc93 said:

What power is making it look like your surfing , and how did you change it to that :O? 

That is the default stance for using the Void Skiff travel power, which you can purchase at the Pay 2 Win (P2W) vendor on most CoH/CoV maps or the Transact to Win (T2W) vendor in Praetoria.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, jordanlc93 said:

How power is making it look like your surfing , and how did you change it to that :O? 

That's the Void Skiff travel power. You can find it at any P2W vendor under the prestige powers>travel>flight tabs. It costs a million inf to buy. Note: It's an "affect self" power and you can't use any attacks powers while using it. While it gets you around like any other flight power, it is purely cosmetic sadly.

18 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Hey gang, been gone quite awhile but I've been missing all the crazy talent here in Paragon and I have a new favorite character-
Jenny Anytime, Teleporting, time-travelling explorer and sometimes heroine

Grav/Time troller

Jennycomp.png

Wait a sec - is her given surname Anywhere and she changed it to Anytime?

On 11/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, Erratic1 said:

May latest go at a Blaster (Seismic/Time Manipulation), The Bronze Magus:

BronzeMagus.thumb.jpg.0dd95565ebaf344dacb87c8125646db5.jpg

This is an amazing color scheme!  I love how you worked in the color from the Dr.  Aeon gloves in the shoulders. (I did an Admiral Sutter TF with you the other day.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1