Plz Remove To Hit Checks vs Objects

magicjtv

Throw a ball of paper at say..your door, 10 feet away. Do it enough, you will miss it. That said, I kinda agree that it is annoying. Also how TOUGH some doors/crates\/etc are. Provost Marchand has a mission with 5 doors, and if you are a low damage AT, it can take awhile. Also..Mole Machines.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:02 PM, Razor Cure said:

Throw a ball of paper at say..your door, 10 feet away. Do it enough, you will miss it. That said, I kinda agree that it is annoying. Also how TOUGH some doors/crates\/etc are. Provost Marchand has a mission with 5 doors, and if you are a low damage AT, it can take awhile. Also..Mole Machines.

Now go stand at the same door(in melee range) and punch it 1million times. How many punches do you think will miss?

30 minutes ago, Cooltastic said:

Now go stand at the same door(in melee range) and punch it 1million times. How many punches do you think will miss?

Carpenters hit their own thumbs when hammering nails, occasionally.

And sometimes when you swing at an object, you might hit it, but the hit glances off, not actually harming the thing you're swinging at beyond light paint chipping.

And sometimes when you swing at an -unsecured- object, you're just gonna push it around rather than doing any serious damage.

Different stuff happening. But I doubt you've ever punched your bedroom door so hard it exploded into dangerous shrapnel and knocked everyone within 12 feet on their butts.

16 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

I doubt you've ever punched your bedroom door so hard it exploded into dangerous shrapnel and knocked everyone within 12 feet on their butts.

I tried, but I could only manage about an 8' radius 😉

47 minutes ago, Cooltastic said:

It seems odd that you would want to take real-world scenarios and extend them into the game, but only in very specific cases.

Obviously we have to *not* do this with regard to our character's getting shot or stabbed, though.  Maybe make the to-hit chance vs static object be 95% while out of combat... but while you're in the heat of battle, with a demon or robot trying to tear your head off, your aim might be a little off sometimes...

What I find intriguing is the way that stone obelisks, desks, crates of ancient artifacts or DNA samples all manage to explode when destroyed. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

14 hours ago, biostem said:

It seems odd that you would want to take real-world scenarios and extend them into the game, but only in very specific cases.

Obviously we have to *not* do this with regard to our character's getting shot or stabbed, though.  Maybe make the to-hit chance vs static object be 95% while out of combat... but while you're in the heat of battle, with a demon or robot trying to tear your head off, your aim might be a little off sometimes...

Yes, it does seem odd doesn't it. *rolls eyes* Maybe read the quote I was replying to and you might realize I only said what I did so they would understand that it can go both ways.

15 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Carpenters hit their own thumbs when hammering nails, occasionally.

And sometimes when you swing at an object, you might hit it, but the hit glances off, not actually harming the thing you're swinging at beyond light paint chipping.

And sometimes when you swing at an -unsecured- object, you're just gonna push it around rather than doing any serious damage.

Different stuff happening. But I doubt you've ever punched your bedroom door so hard it exploded into dangerous shrapnel and knocked everyone within 12 feet on their butts.

Now your just grasping. I said stand in front of a door and punch it. I didn't say anything about hammering nails. And if your swings are glancing off a closed door you have some real issues.

Btw, I could absolutely care less about this topic. I only made a comment after reading what I thought was a silly comment. No need to white knight. I'm out.

Edited by Cooltastic

20 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

Ive managed to miss my mouth with my coffee and that's melee range.  Maybe I should stop crane kicking the coffee?

• Haha 3