A Formal Request

Myrmidon

11 hours ago, Rylas said:

That's my thought as well. If SR can softcap Defense easily on a Tanker, I'm not sure why EA shouldn't do the same. I would love to play an EA/ Tanker. 

Again, because EA delivers more mitigation types than SR does.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Again, because EA delivers more mitigation types than SR does.

Is this going to wind up as a “SR sucks so we can’t have nice things” Defense?

Energy Aura doesn’t take Super Reflexes lunch money, Shield Defense does.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

2 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I don't get it.  Survival shouldn't be an issue. 

I ran to level 50 with 2 defeats on my SR tank - no issues at all.  And that's with the -20 Def rage crash

I have an EA stalker that is Vet 15 that has never been defeated.  

============

Taunt and Healing should be okay too

The taunt aura on EA for Brutes looks reasonable.    13.6 seconds mag 4, that's 80% of what /invul gets.   

Energy Drain is almost as good as what ice gets 

Energize is the same as Electric armor  

============

Put it on test and let people try and poke holes in it.  I think it will do just fine.   

• Thanks 1

Individual powers in a vacuum don't mean much. The sum of it matters.

Play EA. It's crazy good. It would be even stronger on a Tanker.

I agree with the posters suggesting devs went a little bit overboard when they buffed it. As it lacks direct offense boosts like a damage aura, or damage buffing, or -res debuffing (still blows my mind bio gets all 3) and keeps a psi hole, that's kind of the "saving grace" from a balance standpoint. But it is crazy strong on everything else.

IMHO, port Master Brawler to all versions of SR and then port EA to Tankers. Problem solved.

• Like 2

• Developer

Short answer: the set wont be ported as is. It's defenses are too high, Energy Drain's +Def is too much, so that power likely has to be replaced with something else for the tanker version, at minimum.

5 hours ago, nihilii said:

I agree with the posters suggesting devs went a little bit overboard when they buffed it.

A little? Energy Drain should had never been changed from a heal to +defense.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

17 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Short answer: the set wont be ported as is. It's defenses are too high, Energy Drain's +Def is too much, so that power likely has to be replaced with something else for the tanker version, at minimum.

Sounds like that could be a future test-run.😁

Thanks for the reply, Captain.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

But I love running around mid 70's defenses (plus resists) on my brute, I can't wait to make that mid 80's (or higher?) on a tanker! 😜

• Haha 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

So... remove the +Defense from Energy Drain? I could live with that. Would it's defense numbers on SOs be too high then? There's still a pretty big Psi hole that will hurt plenty in the 40–50 levels. 

• Like 3

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

12 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

No.  I'm saying, with Tanker modifiers, EA is likely to come across overpowered compared to ALL sets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

The quote above pretty much expresses my feelings on this subject.

9 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

No.  I'm saying, with Tanker modifiers, EA is likely to come across overpowered compared to ALL sets.

So if it would be too good on Tankers as is, why is it not too good on Brutes? Genuinely asking here. Wouldn't all sets be comparatively underpowered to /EA if they're scaling by the same Brute multipliers?

• Like 1

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

1 minute ago, Rylas said:

So if it would be too good on Tankers as is, why is it not too good on Brutes? Genuinely asking here. Wouldn't all sets be comparatively underpowered to /EA if they're scaling by the same Brute multipliers?

IMNSHO...it IS too good.

Sorry.

1 minute ago, Hyperstrike said:

IMNSHO...it IS too good.

Sorry.

My in-game experience doesn't reflect that perception. It's certainly not underperforming, but I don't know if it would qualify as OP. In the early-mid levels I think it gets an advantage in content that does S/L/E damage (which is a fair amount of content, I'll admit), but by late game, there's a lot of content that can eat its lunch. Carnies, Arachnos, and CoT can be tough to face on SOs. I see it with it's fair share of weaknesses just like plenty of other popular sets. 

Can you expand some more? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Looking back at it, it was not clear at all you were approaching it from the "EA would be OP" side.  

• Like 1

I don't follow the Energy Drain Defense mention.  It gets a .32% defensive buff per enemy - got this number as a Brute.  Even if you hit 15 enemies (this may be over the cap, not sure), this gives 4.8% Defense Buff.   

/scratches head

That's too much defense?  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something....

Edited by tafilr

@tafilr

23 hours ago, Vanden said:

2.34% Defense to all but Tox/Psi for the first enemy hit by Energy Drain, .78% Defense to all but Tox/Psi for every additional enemy hit. (Easily perma with one recharge SO)

On a Tanker, these numbers would be higher. So if you got a fully saturated hit (10 foes) your total Defense boost would be 9.36% when 3 slotted for defense. 

Edited by Rylas
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rylas said:

On a Tanker, these numbers would be higher. So if you got a fully saturated (10 foes) your total Defense boost would be 9.36% when 3 slotted for defense. 

What do you mean they would be higher on a Tanker? Tankers shouldn't have any easier a time saturating targets vs. Brutes, unless you mean with the AoE buffs being tested on Pineapple.