A Formal Request

Myrmidon

Just now, tafilr said:

Ah, OK, I see.  So the Mid's builder is wrong.  

I need to go and revamp slotting on my Energy Draining Brute.  

No, you had them right. For a Brute. But as a Tanker, they would be higher. That's why the argument is being made that it's too good. On a Tanker

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

Looking back at it, it was not clear at all you were approaching it from the "EA would be OP" side.  

I apologize for my abject lack of declaratory loquaciousness.

😉

• Haha 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

10 minutes ago, Vanden said:

What do you mean they would be higher on a Tanker? Tankers shouldn't have any easier a time saturating targets vs. Brutes, unless you mean with the AoE buffs being tested on Pineapple.

Tanker modifiers are...Tanker modifiers.

4 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

No.  I'm saying, with Tanker modifiers, EA is likely to come across overpowered compared to ALL sets.

When Energy Aura first came out, there was no way that I would touch that set without an aggro aura. Once it was updated, I always wanted to give it a go, however, I was waiting on a port to Tankers. This thread has once again interested me enough in the set that I now have an EA Brute sitting at level 1 for the mandatory Miracle/Numina unique combo (I don’t even look at a character without at least those sitting in it’s enhancement tray from the start).

Thanks for the input, everyone. I still want to see a Tanker version, however, I’ll finally give the Brute version a go.😁

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

All Tanker def sets are going to soft cap their non hole types.  

Not sure how energy drain is OP here.  Since with just a few IOs you won't even need it.  

I barely ever use it on my stalker even.  

Looking at the Brute build that I just made,  it mostly looks like an Incarnate-level or “OH ****!” ability (or an excellent way to mostly disregard that Rage crash).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Looking at the Brute build that I just made,  it mostly looks like an Incarnate-level or “OH ****!” ability (or an excellent way to mostly disregard that Rage crash).

My stalker isnt capped for Neg, so ill hit it when running ahead on COT and so on.  

Also if i take a couple hits in a ITF ill hit it to take care of def debuffs.  

I'm actually leveling a new EA stalker, I'm considering throwing the chance for stun end mod proc in there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

I'm actually leveling a new EA stalker, I'm considering throwing the chance for stun end mod proc in there.

When my SG mates wonder why I spend so much time in the forums, ideas like this are one of the reasons.😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

Rage crash?  What Rage...OH CRAP!  I'm only down to Incarnate Soft Cap!  THE END IS NIGH!

• Haha 2

Kat/Ena Brute with a Rune/Hybrid/Rune/Kitchen Sink Build

20894720_KitanaTest-Kat-EnANumbers.jpg.d480090edfc64568c30cfda44bfa2a38.jpg

Top I can do all day

Bottom is me being a little silly, you can ignore that one. (I can do that almost all day too, but for balance purposes it should be ignored)

Psi hole is an issue, and it's the only thing keeping the set from being ludicrous.

Yes, this is an extreme example, but testing extreme examples is what I consider fun.  Bio, RadA, EnA all get gold stars.  Inv,  SD, ...  get silver stars,  etc.

Here's an older one from my archives.  Not sure what's different here, but I'd guess a different Alpha.   It's too old for me to remember.  I'd have to get back on test and try to duplicate it to figure it out.

316320996_Kitana-DefResNumbers-180605.jpg.7f3e98bd0a76bab43419b4beab6f135f.jpg

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

1 hour ago, Rylas said:

I think this is on the high end of IO build performance. So, not something I'd consider a valid argument for EA being overpowered or too good.

Yeah idk, ive never seen numbers like that on my softcapped, perma hasten stalker build.

Overload is not in the brute build, and overload would not be perma, ever.  Overload could make silly ludicrous, but given the current defense numbers I'd rather have more resist.

I've given almost all the armors this treatment. The one armor that I broke worse than any other was EnA.  I highly recommend Bio (heal armor), Rad (resist armor), and EnA (defense armor).

Balance set based on Linea Build: NO!   . . .    balance should be primarily around SOs, with tertiary consideration to IOs.  However, you can't ignore IOs entirely either.

I need to look at this very carefully before just tossing it onto tanks with higher defense modifiers: Yes, definitely.

Stalker Version, much tamer.  However, I built it for it's 500 ST DPS offense, not defense.

51192105_AlnamarStJ-EnAStalker-Def-ResNumbers.jpg.9472bf3c5ce8f8df4eb2bd0b9892918a.jpg

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

• 1 year later
On 10/15/2019 at 4:59 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Short answer: the set wont be ported as is. It's defenses are too high, Energy Drain's +Def is too much, so that power likely has to be replaced with something else for the tanker version, at minimum.

A little? Energy Drain should had never been changed from a heal to +defense.

Energy Drain could be replaced to Power Drain power - which is technically Power Sink copypaste, that power is available for Energy Aura Sentinels. Everything else can be left as it is.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/