Jump to content

Increase Purple Drop rates please


FullEclipse
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yin, ITF, Apex and Tin Mage can be run back to back and net you 128 merits in less than two hours.  That's 1 and a quarter purples of merits, and it can be which ever one you want.  You can easily have 5 purples in 4 play sessions and  you can probably call it 6 because all of that will get you at least 30 mil inf from kills and random drops.  

 

So that's an entire power slotted up with purples in less than a week of play.  That seems plenty reasonable to me.  

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am wrong here!  Please ignore!


Check to make sure you're actually killing bosses.  No bosses, no purples.


 

If you ARE beating on bosses, just be patient.  I've had many days where I've not seen a single purple, then got like 4 in the space of two missions.

 

It really IS random, even if it sometimes feels like it is not.  

 

Edited by roleki
  • Like 1

The shackles of automata will shatter like their bones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's just the luck of the draw. If it was increased, how long before someone is asking for it to be increased again? There's a fine balance. For me personally, I feel like the balance we have is more than adequate.

  • Like 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RNG is a harsh mistress at times. Even without purples though you with that much work you will likely have a decent amount of Orange recipes. These are weird as some sell for millions while others sell for less than vendor price. You can always craft the cheapones and play the conversion game to make them far more valuable. There is an excellent thread on the in the GUIDES section.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One last thing, if you have a dude at the door in these missions (and it's your dude), check his pockets.  I know it's random, but to me it sure seems like the dude at the door gets better drops than the character doing all the gruntwork.

 

Also and to Odhinn's point, I farm quite a bit, and my approach has always been that the accelerated inf/xp is the reward, the random drops are just bonuses.  I figure, I would rather be pleasantly surprised when a nice recipe drops than disappointed that I am NOT getting them.   Besides, in the grand scheme of things, you're racking up scads of inf... if you don't get a drop, you can just buy someone else's!

Edited by roleki

The shackles of automata will shatter like their bones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, roleki said:

Check to make sure you're actually killing bosses.  No bosses, no purples.

 

If you ARE beating on bosses, just be patient.  I've had many days where I've not seen a single purple, then got like 4 in the space of two missions.

 

It really IS random, even if it sometimes feels like it is not.  

 

Purples drop from minions and lieutenants too

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MunkiLord said:

Purples drop from minions and lieutenants too

Seriously?  I must REALLY be getting RNG screwed because if I run Cave Jam solo 4/8 it never gives me bosses, and I never get purples out of it... and I am talking, I went from VL50 to 100 in that map doing just that.  Soon as I have a camper at the door, though, purples start dropping like they do on Comic Con maps.

The shackles of automata will shatter like their bones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, user1337 said:

This is sorry to say, not true, any enemy that is capable of dropping a 50 SO or recipe can drop a purple recipe.

I had assumed the delimiting factor was enemy rank, apparently it's just REALLY bad luck on my part.

The shackles of automata will shatter like their bones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, roleki said:

Seriously?  I must REALLY be getting RNG screwed because if I run Cave Jam solo 4/8 it never gives me bosses, and I never get purples out of it... and I am talking, I went from VL50 to 100 in that map doing just that.  Soon as I have a camper at the door, though, purples start dropping like they do on Comic Con maps.

In this case, you're dealing with quantity, not quality. It's not the bosses, it's the fact that you're going through so many baddies so quickly. More chances, more opportunities, in less the amount of time. And even then, it's not a bag full of purples just spilling out all over the ground for you to snatch up. It's still very rare, and that's the beauty of it. It's still exciting to get. Increasing the rate lessens the fun of getting those precious jewels. Most of, if not all, of my builds need purples. The fact that they're so hard to come by naturally makes it a challenge I enjoy. But that's me. 

  • Like 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

The drop rate might be higher for bosses, that I'm not sure about. 

I believe it is.  Per paragonwiki recipe drop rate for pool A which includes purples: 

Minion 2.666667%

Lieutenant/Sniper 5.333333%

Boss/Elite Boss 7.999999%

Archvillaineither 100% or 0%, depending on the AV

 

Those are the drop rates for ANY recipe please note.  Then there is a slight chance from that it might be purple.

 

Note that level doesn't matter, only rank.  So, if you really want purples specifically there is no reason to pump it up to +4/x8.  Be better off with 0/x8 or even -1/x8 so you kill faster.  But yes, probably turn on bosses.

 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Recipe#Pool_A_.28Enemy_Defeat.29

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I understand it, and I may be wrong here, the chance of the different enemy ranks dropping anything at all is different. So a boss has a higher drop chance than a minion.

 

Then, the rarity of that drop is another...

 

(This is where Riverdusk ninja'd me with actual numbers and research)

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, brigg said:

In this case, you're dealing with quantity, not quality. It's not the bosses, it's the fact that you're going through so many baddies so quickly. More chances, more opportunities, in less the amount of time. And even then, it's not a bag full of purples just spilling out all over the ground for you to snatch up. It's still very rare, and that's the beauty of it. It's still exciting to get. Increasing the rate lessens the fun of getting those precious jewels. Most of, if not all, of my builds need purples. The fact that they're so hard to come by naturally makes it a challenge I enjoy. But that's me. 

And you would know! 🙂

 

I'm not sure what the deal is on Cave Jam; it has plenty of things to kill (there are two spots in the map which are worth nearly half a VL each) but it doesn't drop nearly as much stuff as the Con maps (which are still awesome).

 

 

The shackles of automata will shatter like their bones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roleki said:

And you would know! 🙂

 

I'm not sure what the deal is on Cave Jam; it has plenty of things to kill (there are two spots in the map which are worth nearly half a VL each) but it doesn't drop nearly as much stuff as the Con maps (which are still awesome).

 

 

These days, I usually run my Outdoor Influence Fire arc. Lots of mobs and even Elite Bosses. Some days, I'll get 2 purples in one run, and some I get none. I don't grind for purples though. That would be insanely frustrating. They're a nice bonus reward. I have friends who will grind grind grind for purples all day long. There are days they'll get 6 in a day! That's just way too much work lol. My brain would melt. Yes, the creator of the Comic Con farms gets bored of farming too sometimes. 😛

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No.  I will not support yet another initiative to make everything yet easier, even though that has been the clear trend through Live and Homecoming.  Gaining inf is trivially easy.  Buy your purple.  If you can't get a purple recipe that is exactly the one you want to drop, along with the salvage and the 600,000 crafting fee, then press your I win button and have it automatically slotted, I'm sorry.

 

I am all for making this a low-entry game that is extremely easy to excel at.  We all want to feel validated.  But you don't need purples to succeed so asking for the rate drop to be increased is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't really relate to recipes or purples, but one of my characters seems to be having a strange "issue". Its my main farming toon and for a couple of weeks he not received a single enhancement drop. Not a single one, despite many hours playing. I haven't change any drop settings with the P2W vendors (and I've rechecked) and he has received heaps of purple and other recipes in that time. In the past he did receive enhancements quite often, it just in recent weeks that none appear to be dropping (which isn't really a bad thing, saves me from having to vendor sell them).

 

If I power-level another character while farming (any level, even 50 +3s for inf), they do to receive the normal amount of enhancements.

 

I have put it down to just a strange run on the RNG  (but I guess it could also be something that I'm just not aware of yet).

 

As mentioned, I'm not complaining in any way, I just thought it was relative to this discussion as it may just show how the RNG can result in long runs of bad/good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Logansan said:

It doesn't really relate to recipes or purples, but one of my characters seems to be having a strange "issue". Its my main farming toon and for a couple of weeks he not received a single enhancement drop. Not a single one, despite many hours playing. I haven't change any drop settings with the P2W vendors (and I've rechecked) and he has received heaps of purple and other recipes in that time. In the past he did receive enhancements quite often, it just in recent weeks that none appear to be dropping (which isn't really a bad thing, saves me from having to vendor sell them).

 

If I power-level another character while farming (any level, even 50 +3s for inf), they do to receive the normal amount of enhancements.

 

I have put it down to just a strange run on the RNG  (but I guess it could also be something that I'm just not aware of yet).

 

As mentioned, I'm not complaining in any way, I just thought it was relative to this discussion as it may just show how the RNG can result in long runs of bad/good luck.

are you perhaps running a level 49 farm? exemped you won't get enhancements.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...