The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

New Alt goal: Organization-killer characters

Menelruin

So my alt-itis has struck again, with a new goal:  For every gang in the city that has a most common damage type they use, and are weak to, I'm trying to create a character with the ideal AT and sets to take them on.  My anti-Freakshow character, for example, is an Elec-Elec Sentinel, since it looks like their most common vulnerability is Energy, and they typically either attack with energy or physical, and Electric Aura resists both.  Any suggestions on other types?  So far I've got:

FreakBreaker:  Elec/Elec Sentinel

Skul Breaker:  Energy/Dark Scrapper

Devil Breaker:  Fire/Ice Tanker

PsiBreaker (may have to redo this one, or use him for something else, was meant to fight Psychic mobs, but looks like they typically are more weak to Lethal), Psi/Dark Scrapper

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

So my alt-itis has struck again, with a new goal:  For every gang in the city that has a most common damage type they use, and are weak to, I'm trying to create a character with the ideal AT and sets to take them on.  My anti-Freakshow character, for example, is an Elec-Elec Sentinel, since it looks like their most common vulnerability is Energy, and they typically either attack with energy or physical, and Electric Aura resists both.  Any suggestions on other types?  So far I've got:

FreakBreaker:  Elec/Elec Sentinel

Skul Breaker:  Energy/Dark Scrapper

Devil Breaker:  Fire/Ice Tanker

PsiBreaker (may have to redo this one, or use him for something else, was meant to fight Psychic mobs, but looks like they typically are more weak to Lethal), Psi/Dark Scrapper

Skulls aren't in the end game so I wouldn't bother with them but the concept is interesting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I was just thinking about this very thing this morning.  For Malta I'm going to say WM/WP brute.

WM/WP brutes shrug off just about everything. They’re like a cozy hoodie of soloing.

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

41 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

For Carnival of Shadows, I'll go with WA/Energy Aura brute.

I would've suggested Claws/DA (higher psi resistance, higher negative resistance for Ring Mistresses) or Claws/Elec (higher fire resistance, better drain resistance) for Carnies, but Widows also do a really good job against them.

Electric Armor works well against Malta, also. Sappers? Oh, you mean those little minions that just tickle every now and then...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Yeah, I made an error.  I thought Energy Aura was the one with -endurance resistance.  Elec Armor it is!

Energy Aura ALSO resists end drain, in one of the +res passives.  Plus softcap defense means the end drains are less likely to hit. 

There's also ninjitsu, which on scrappers has a +end heal power that gives you approximately half your bar back and strong vector defenses.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:47 AM, SaintD said:

Fiery Melee Brute.

For when you just want to kill everything. Everything. Including the fire resistant stuff. Everything.

Or Fire/Rad controller. They can't see you, they can't hit, but if they could they do no damage. They're slowed to a crawl and unable to regenerate. And three murder monkeys are snacking on their shins... On top of which they're unable to stand up...

DM/DA scrappers do wonders on both Malta and Carnies. Dark Armor laughs at end drain, Oppressive Gloom turns Sappers from terrors into victims, and neither group has any real resistance to negative energy damage (although the smashing component is another matter).

On 10/18/2019 at 11:30 PM, siolfir said:

Electric Armor works well against Malta, also. Sappers? Oh, you mean those little minions that just tickle every now and then...

I've also noticed that Radiation Armor seems almost immune to the Sappers.  But I tend to discover my characters' nemeses through their paths in the game rather than by design out of the gate. 

My character Catrina is on a mission from the Aztec gods to rub out the Skulls.  She is a Bio/Spines tanker, which isn't targeted at the Skulls particularly, but does quite well at killing anything lower than her in mass quantities.  She discovered this mission when she joined a KR team working the new Skulls storylines and that put all the Skulls badges in easy reach for her.  She always was based on the Day of the Dead character.

Heraclea is increasingly disturbed and paranoid about the activities of the Vanguard.  As an Inv/DM tanker her powers aren't particularly targeted against them, though.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 10/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, SaintD said:

Fiery Melee Brute.

For when you just want to kill everything. Everything. Including the fire resistant stuff. Everything.

For my fire/fire/flame blaster's bio, I stole the flavor text from a pair of gloves in WoW that only fire mages could wear:

"Of course you can fight fire with fire. You can fight everything with fire."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RikOz said:

For my fire/fire/flame blaster's bio, I stole the flavor text from a pair of gloves in WoW that only fire mages could wear:

"Of course you can fight fire with fire. You can fight everything with fire."

image.png.a92e2a624803fcf85bc4b1915e1a3c34.png

Close.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, siolfir said:

M:tG 8th edition was July 2003, World of Warcraft was November 2004.

I'm pretty sure that flavor text predates 8th Ed.  But it's entirely possible neither writer saw the other's work, and they came up with the line independent of each other.