The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Please for the love of God remove fear from hotfeet

SlimPickens

13 minutes ago, SlimPickens said:

Damage auras that scatter foes to the wind before they can do any damage... not good design.

Please fix the original devs mistake and remove the fear effect from hotfeet.

Thanks.

I don't get it either. Is it some special kind of fire ? You would think ALL the PBAOE fire attacks would cause fear then. Why doesn't the heal toggle do it. 

I have it on my blaster but its DP so I have to be in some sort of melee range for  Hail of Bullets.  

I use it to run by mobs and get aggro and then turn a corner and turn it off. 

I actually like the fear effect in hot feet.

It is awesome to take the pressure off you, sending opponents away. At the same time, if one wants to keep them close there are various solutions, immobilize and hold among the most effective, to avoid the scatter.

Removing the fear effect would simply reduce the complexity and nuance of using the power, nerfing it in several situations, only to cater to a single playstyle.

No, thanks.

• Like 1

I always figured that was what Fire Cages was for, to hold mobs in Hotfeet.  That's what my Fire/Rad on Live did, Hotfeet/Choking Cloud/Fire Cages was a large portion of his attack chain while the monkeys go ape on the mobs.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

/Fire Blasters dont generally have aoe immobilize to pair with it. So its not helpful at all in their version of the power. All I want is damage. And for mobs to not scatter so by the time combustion or fire sword circle casts they are not long gone from the radius.

Its purely counter productive in its current form for blasters secondary. it not only does minimal damage of its own due to mobs running away after 1-2 ticks, but it also makes all the other PBAoEs in the secondary difficult to use because nothing will stay in range long enough for them to get burned/fire sword circled., or combustioned.

It's probably not meant to synergize with Fire Manip's PBAoEs. Those would be there for the Blaster who's not afraid to go into melee, while Hot Feet would be for the Blaster that wants to stay at range. Like how Energy Manip has both melee attacks and Boost Range.

• Like 1

The fact that there is a -70% Speed inherent to the power and those that are feared do not run in straight lines away makes me question how large of an issue this is that would lead to a call to nerf it.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Long, long, long time ago in an Issue patch far away, yada yada yada blah Fire tank yada blah yada herd large map blah blah jump in a dumpster yada blah WTFBBQ easy mode blah NPC  die fast non trivial challenge yada Cryptic decide it was to powerful and game breaking for 1 AT to dominate like that.  /fire Brute do it better now.

Hint: Its mostly auseless power for blasters, very situational unless a group is locked.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Fire manipulation receives ring of fire, that can keep a single enemy in place to enjoy the hot feet. Without much hassle this can be used on two enemies, since it recharges quite fast.

If one is really focused on using hot feet for damage, and I really wonder why a blaster needs to do that when 99% of their damage powers do MUCH more damage than hot feet, Mu mastery for blasters has electrifying fences which is an AoE immobilize. Some of the other patron pools also have decent AoE immobilize powers.

So the options to work around the fear effect are already there and available, while at the same time the damage is so negligible that nerfing away the fear effect, the only feature that makes the power actually worth taking at the moment, seems quite frankly unnecessary.

Edited by Itikar