Report Typos Here!

Widower

• 1 month later
1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

No, 'another thing' is not the original usage, as you'd find with even a casual search — for example, Merriam-Webster.

Dialogue is not a typo if it is a thing that people say, even if it is not "correct" from a prescriptivist point of view. We had this already with "could care less". There's no reason to think that Metal Swiper routinely consults usage guides.

• Thumbs Up 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

1 hour ago, thunderforce said:

Dialogue is not a typo if it is a thing that people say, even if it is not "correct" from a prescriptivist point of view.

1510522819_sillything.thumb.jpg.9c005edffe51d5d05228eb803ac18901.jpg

But you have fixated on only the first part of my post, utterly ignoring my acknowledgement that the error, despite being wrong, is still common usage (much like the people who would say "I literally died laughing" despite obviously still being alive to recount their reaction), particularly being spoken by a Freakshow, who as a group are not known for grammatical rigor.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

But you have fixated on only the first part of my post

I was proceeding on the assumption that you thought it was a typo, since you reported it in the "Report Typos here" thread; scrolling back I see that's not the case.

If you don't think it's a typo, fine - but why then mention it? If it could be "dialect or a typo", and the dialect seems sensible for the speaker, it's not a typo.

Prescriptivist arguments over what's "right" are pointless.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

1 hour ago, thunderforce said:

I was proceeding on the assumption that you thought it was a typo, since you reported it in the "Report Typos here" thread; scrolling back I see that's not the case.

_I_ think it's a typo. Lacking insight into the reasoning behind the dialectical peculiar to the Freakshow, I reported it with the acknowledgement that it is a common error in usage, leaving it to the HC staff to make a final decision; I have seen both excruciatingly precise and grossly loose grammar from different Freakshow, so I don't have a basis to determine whether this particular instance was intended that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

This guy in Brickstown should probably not be trying to point the player (set as Vig) to the broker in Nerva.

Check your character's alignment. Outleveled contacts will tell you "you should be talking to [other contact]", and if your character is a Rogue, that would be a contact redside. Odd that he'd be referring you back; blueside contacts should say something loosely like the "Perhaps if you were more like me" spiel redside contacts give to Vigilantes.

During the in-mission dialog of part 4.1.3.1 of Investigator Whitworth's arc (Imperial City - Loyalist - Responsibility) there's a weird quirk I noticed where the caption refers to me as "Resistance Recruit" rather than my character's name (was in fact playing a Resistance-aligned character). Only occurred once as seen in the example below.

image.png.80cd6960aac6df078ebfe497bbd07401.png

Edited by twozerofoxtrot

• 1 month later

Reg Sewer network, shows wrong zone for Cap Au Diable as given in first pic, (yes, i'm set as rogue alignment btw)

image.png.34cb56783869e85ba71d12e585692a02.png

2nd is what it should be for Steel Canyon

image.png.8daed479f69d181fb0d7198f302aeb75.png

Edited by Injunuity
update, adding what alignment i'm set as

• City Council
6 hours ago, Injunuity said:

Reg Sewer network, shows wrong zone for Cap Au Diable as given in first pic, (yes, i'm set as rogue alignment btw)

image.png.34cb56783869e85ba71d12e585692a02.png

2nd is what it should be for Steel Canyon

image.png.8daed479f69d181fb0d7198f302aeb75.png

That is unfortunately the way the system works.  The dots call for instance "City_04_01", and villains append a "V_" to the front of that, then the game looks up "V_City_04_01" and says OH that's "XYZ"...  Would require rewriting how the entire map and alignment system for maps works.

Edited by Michiyo
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

That is unfortunately the way the system works.  The dots call for instance "City_04_01", and villains append a "V_" to the front of that, then the game looks up "V_City_04_01" and says OH that's "XYZ"...  Would require rewriting how the entire map and alignment system for maps works.

weird that it's only 2 out of all the sewer entrances tho. and villains doesn't have any either

• City Council
23 minutes ago, Injunuity said:

weird that it's only 2 out of all the sewer entrances tho. and villains doesn't have any either

The same thing happens in... Founders Falls? I think, and elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later