Anyone running Petless / Semi-petless masterminds @ 50 ?

plainguy

I was looking to run an ITF or something similar with players who have petless or semi petless ( usually last pet ) masterminds. 

I have a bunch but run solo on them not to hear any slack.

All are defense capped to some degree and have incarnates.

All can run 3/8 setting.

I think Many of the petless masterminds would be whips as that is unique set.

But just getting a feel on this if its even doable.

• 3 weeks later

It's been discussed a few times here over the past few months: I'm sure you can find some of the previous posts on the subject.  I think a couple of them even included a Mid's build or two.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• 2 months later
  • 1 month later

Because say, you just want to use the bird attacks out of the animal mastery sets because of your character conception - for example.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, UltraAlt said:

Because say, you just want to use the bird attacks out of the animal mastery sets because of your character conception - for example.

Tbf, this might be better done as a Savage Assault Dominator, but then you lose the ability to ever have the various pets at all.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:45 AM, blayzemaster said:

Tbf, this might be better done as a Savage Assault Dominator, but then you lose the ability to ever have the various pets at all.

But if I do that, I lose the bird attack powers - which was my point in the post.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

14 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

But if I do that, I lose the bird attack powers - which was my point in the post.

You actually keep the bird attacks. Unkindness (Ravens) is at level 10 (although the animation is a bit different), Call Hawk at 35 (which is a bit late, and then has a 14 second recharge).

Not exactly the same, but I thought it might be helpful to point out.

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

Masterminds have a base hp of 803 and low damage. Is the whip really that appealing to people where they would gimp themselves for three attacks that hardly does any damage?

Yes. I now have a whip/rad MM at 38. Cuz masterminds suck but I need at least 1 of every AT fully T4ed/Enhanced.

Amazing how people get annoyed and express their concept for the idea. Funny

I have a Pain Domination MM, respecced her for the whip animations, still leveling her (36 ATM).

Would really like a whip-based power set, the whip powers I already have look awesome, and I'd love to have a full set of them.

I find demons to be too fragile  and they don't scale against mobs at +4, they just flail ineffectually.

So I use just the whip, magic subset for ranged attacks, defence and flight and when I really need a hench-thing, I call the demon prince. He at least looks impressive.

Edited by Ozgamer69
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 3:43 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yes. I now have a whip/rad MM at 38. Cuz masterminds suck but I need at least 1 of every AT fully T4ed/Enhanced.

I almost wanna laugh, but the pain of disappointment subsides harder.

• 2 months later
On 6/5/2020 at 5:45 AM, blayzemaster said:

Wow, yeah, I see.

I thematically have problems with which control set to pick, but I didn't even realize that they had the bird attacks in that set.

Thanks for the info.