Well, ya have Repel. Why not Draw In?

kelika2

2 minutes ago, Lines said:

You sound like fun.

Sorry you read everything wrong and instantly decided to go against the grain to be against the grain and refused to admit defeat in the form of a fly-over state middlaged hosuewife tier reply.

Brilliant, let's suck enemies into the squishy! My main is an Ill/Storm troller, and hurricane is a great power. It can be used to trap enemies in corners while debuffed, spread the field if you are taking too much aggro, or protect blasters that are grabbing the aggro from the tank... it can also be used to cover the backside of scrapperlocked scrappers before faceplant...

I can affirm that the situation wherein Hurricane has been used well by myself or others have occured and are not anomalous. I can also confirm that the hardest part of playing storm on a team is making sure the other players understand what you are doing, because there are occasionally daft players that kick stormers because the daft player doesn't understand what the stormer is doing.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

13 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

Sounds a lot like you fit into the second group, but each to their own

I know you are trying to sound smart/get the last word in but dude

1 person (hurricane griefer) is causing problems for the other 7 people

and take this thread for example, you and others are being told No/Stop and you are sperging out hardcore

Now imagine that level of spergism in-game of that one griefer violently lashing out wanting to use said griefer power

They get one warning, most people take it, or they get the boot.

Simple, harsh, but simple.  And your low hanging fruit replies will not change this

Hurricane sucks

99% of the people who actually have hurricane dont know how to use it (as admitted by many in this thread) are just flat out not worth dealing with

let

it

go

20 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

I know you are trying to sound smart/get the last word in but dude

1 person (hurricane griefer) is causing problems for the other 7 people

and take this thread for example, you and others are being told No/Stop and you are sperging out hardcore

Now imagine that level of spergism in-game of that one griefer violently lashing out wanting to use said griefer power

They get one warning, most people take it, or they get the boot.

Simple, harsh, but simple.  And your low hanging fruit replies will not change this

Hurricane sucks

99% of the people who actually have hurricane dont know how to use it (as admitted by many in this thread) are just flat out not worth dealing with

let

it

go

why should I let it go? you are the one arguing something multiple people who actually USE hurricane have told you isn't true, personally I have no Storm characters because that's not my thing, but I've never teamed with someone with it that has been a problem, ever,

maybe you should let it go?

honestly, your descriptions of your own behaviour fall pretty close to the classic definitions of griefer, who in authority is telling us no stop?  hint you don't get to make inflammatory comments, labelling every single person who took the Hurricane power a griefer and then tell everyone who disagrees with you no stop

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

1 minute ago, boggo2300 said:

why should I let it go?

You never had a chance at winning.

hurricane is shit

you experiencing a .01% chance of it being useful/you the last man standing does not count

didnt read the rest of your post

warning>boot

simple

let

it

go

1 minute ago, kelika2 said:

You never had a chance at winning.

hurricane is shit

you experiencing a .01% chance of it being useful/you the last man standing does not count

warning>boot

simple

let

it

go

got it, tantrum

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Can we get a mod to lock or delete this thread?  The mindless vocal minority zealots are getting restless and I know I wont quit and its painfully obvious they are going for the brow beating tactic.  Edit:  Also to back up a lock/delete is that the original suggestion was answered in the very first reply before others decide to derail.

Thank you ahead of time.

Edited by kelika2

Mate, you have a perfectly sound suggestion that people happily discussed, but then you got super worked up about one particular facet of it.

This thread doesn't need to be locked, you just need to join the discussion instead of arguing in a corner by yourself.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kelika2 said:

read the post again, they get one ask.

and no, in the history of ever Hurricane has never made or broke a fight in terms of being useful.

there is no way to use this power effectively in a group setting.  ever.  since 2004 to now I never ever once seen someone use this and thought "wow"

Just stop and stop doing that whole "participation award" thing.  Hurricane just never

ever

ever

made a positive difference in a fight

ever

Such statements from the OP essentially makes this thread a wasteland for me. No need to come back here. Nothing but mutant bandits gnawing on old bones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

the rest of your post was irrelevant because Hurricane

Bud, I suggest you don't piss on my favorite tree unless you want me to bark back.

has these powers ever had a practical use.

I gave you an example.  Unless you have window licker idiots using it and don't understand, then it is a pain in the ass member.

much like that one family guy episode from 15 years ago

Do not bring the apostles of family guy and American dad in to the discussion, that is blasphemy.

Will finish late the discussion in a few hours, at work and heading back from break.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

49 minutes ago, Zepp said:

Brilliant, let's suck enemies into the squishy! My main is an Ill/Storm troller, and hurricane is a great power. It can be used to trap enemies in corners while debuffed, spread the field if you are taking too much aggro, or protect blasters that are grabbing the aggro from the tank... it can also be used to cover the backside of scrapperlocked scrappers before faceplant...

I can affirm that the situation wherein Hurricane has been used well by myself or others have occured and are not anomalous. I can also confirm that the hardest part of playing storm on a team is making sure the other players understand what you are doing, because there are occasionally daft players that kick stormers because the daft player doesn't understand what the stormer is doing.

would be kinda cool if you could centre it on another team member,   drop em on the tank!  I hear they're into that sort of thing 😄

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

The devs on Homecoming have stated that they have a Pull and Knock To vectoring solution.

Now it's just a matter of time until new powersets are released that make use of those functions. Personally I'm hoping for a "Gravity Assault" set to pair with Gravity Control to fling people around the battlefield in wild directions.

1 hour ago, boggo2300 said:

would be kinda cool if you could centre it on another team member,   drop em on the tank!  I hear they're into that sort of thing 😄

Hurricane as a pseudopet that anchors on a player or location would be funny. And as a bonus, much easier to "grief" the OP with by moving mobs where you want them!

Edited by siolfir

32 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

The devs on Homecoming have stated that they have a Pull and Knock To vectoring solution.

Now it's just a matter of time until new powersets are released that make use of those functions. Personally I'm hoping for a "Gravity Assault" set to pair with Gravity Control to fling people around the battlefield in wild directions.

It would make the power more situationally annoying to use, but I would love to see AR's M30 Grenade start blasting people away from where the grenade lands, instead of shooting it into the middle of a group and have the grenade blast knock people between you and the grenade blast away from you, as if the grenade blast is sucking them in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

It would make the power more situationally annoying to use, but I would love to see AR's M30 Grenade start blasting people away from where the grenade lands, instead of shooting it into the middle of a group and have the grenade blast knock people between you and the grenade blast away from you, as if the grenade blast is sucking them in.

That sounds like a viable test for using the vectored KB code... It is a good way to fix a power to make it work like people think it ought to.  Maybe try adding a vectored repel to Crushing Field to crush the enemies towards the center.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Bud, use the + sign next to the quote if your gonna quote a lot of people.  Makes it easier instead of raising your post count in anger over every one that you see, just bang out your response in one.

And I suggest you at least read this post.  I am trying to be nice here.

Gonna nitpick a lot of stuff and its kinda all over the place instead of an order that makes sense.

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Sorry you read everything wrong

Glad you glossed over everything.  We are telling you how it can be used if the person is smart.

They can still hit you now.

-to buff, makes it harder and then RNGesus steps in.

rest of the post is irrelevant.

Your whining is irrelevant, if you would just open up to the idea of how it could be useful.

3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

You are still glossing over because you always think you are right.  Guess what, humans can be wrong and that includes all of us as well as you.  You don't like knockback and there are a lot off whiners about it; thing is its the idiots that ruin it.  They don't use the knockdown IO.  They don't understand that Energy Torrent is a bad idea into a group of NPC, single target is fine because guess what....you don't need to kill all of them as the other person is deal with it.

3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

warning>boot

Makes you a dick.  Dealt with another guy, same response he had like yours and this was about Group Fly.  He hated it, the one teammate MM using it was trying to reel in his bots, and it made this guy livid.  Funny thing is, you can turn off the Group (Whatever powers) and some effects like the run in speed boost...he didn't want to spend 5 minutes in pocket D to turn them off and this was a 1 time deal per character to make life better for himself.  He just refused and "waste of 5 minutes of his life."  Turns out, he could just deal with the problem faster than he kept trying to defend his attitude over 2 days I was trying to convince him.

12 hours ago, kelika2 said:

hell even radiation with a few tohit debuff SOs get -37% tohit which is a hop skip and a fart away from being near invincible.

Toggle around self or target?  Turns out, Hurricane is superior because it revolves around the player and yet Radiation has 2 debuff toggles...worthless in an incarnate group against your normal bosses since they get stomped so hard while that toggle is running on a dead boss, minions obliterated, and the group is already moving on....the guy with Hurricane just can keep it going...provided he is not an idiot.  Rad works fine on an AV, not so much against your normal NPC group facerolling content.

5 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I didnt read your post.  hurricane is shit 99% of the time and that 1% of the time is not worth the enhancement slots or power slot or waiting for people to make it useful.

Cause again, they are idiots.  Did you bother to try to teach them?  Do you even know how it is best to be applied?  Try asking in the support AT forums how it is possible to deal with it, roll a storm set of your own and learn yourself.

i dont care if you can herd in 20 seconds a group when we can kill it in 1-5 seconds

With incarnate?  Cause that is pretty much what you will see unless your running actual content.  At this point, just put your fastest recharge attack preferably range on auto-fire and hit tab.

hurricane, as is, is absolute dogshit and you cannot and will not change my mind on it. 

Your narrow minded.  Open up to the possibility of how its used, other wise we would still be living with the belief of voodo magic and not talking on the internet....this means that the world revolves around innovation, open mindedness, and advancement of knowledge.  Otherwise you would be sitting in a cave sprinkling ink on a cave wall right now.

I have had to kick a grand total of four (4) people from groups

See above, your acting childish and a dick.  I would be kicking everyone with "The" "Of" in the title , the obvious Copyright ripoffs, the ugly ass costumes, eye sore auras that can't be turned off in MY OPTIONS, and people with titles longer then a snipe power.  If I was following your train of thought and using my beliefs, I would be playing solo but that is incredibly boring.

there are 7 others in the group wondering when the fuck you will grow up

How about your grow up?  Your acting like a child, and getting riled up.  It started out with people telling you how it can be used, you got angry, and the taunting started...humans do that to others because its easy yet its harder to not act like an ass and get them to stop doing it.  Let it roll off your back.

who is willing to remove you for griefing a group who are also just trying to get through the day.

Now, again...dick move.  And again...your not bothering to advance your knowledge on how to use repel powers.  Yes there are idiots that don't know how to use it, you don't know how it is best used, and never tried it did you?  I don't like the set myself because there is nothing I am interested in it, but those that play it get innovative and learn how to use it.

I have been playing Live CoH since before The Hallows and never fucking once has this ever come up.

I have been playing since shortly after release, but no one fucking cares about it that fact.  Assuming you played shortly before Hollows was released, I would of been playing longer before The Hollows was released.  Nobody knew how to use Hurricane at the time, but one person learned it, passed that on, it made its way to the forums, and the information made it a choice to take to be utilized with out being an idiot.

12 hours ago, kelika2 said:

as many times have I been inside a Tsoo Hurricane, my melee attacks are never shortened/negated

So you are gonna throw in a straw hat argument about melee when -tohit is the penalty for trying to slug it out with a sorcerer?  Assuming its the plain 1 ACC, 1 Rech, 1 End Reduc, and 3 Dam set up of old...your gonna miss a lot throwing that punch.  This statement has no validation unless we are talking only about range but you are throwing out melee, turns out there are 3 effects....-tohit, -range, and knockback.  Melee are gonna miss more often, now using IO that is a whole other story.

f you are solo, i dont care what you are doing.  but be mindful that AVs resist debuffs hardcore when those purple triangles are up.  that hurricane you are griefing with is a -3%~ tohit debuff with [Purple Triangles of Doom]

And when triangles are in the wrong direction, all debuffs are pretty much useless.  Please tell me I am wrong, some debuffs become useless but there are debuffs that have a minor usefulness when they are in the wrong direction.

Sets, and people who cannot control themselves or work as a team.

Foot, meet mouth.  You can't seem to work with them, refuse to do so, won't learn how it is best applied, and will probably not even bother to ask how from the experienced players nor will you roll a storm yourself.

kelika2, for fun roll a blaster with Martial Combat secondary.  That first power makes me giggle every time, its the only repel power in the set but the target moves slowly.   Its like skeet shooting.

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

Hurricane as a pseudopet that anchors on a player or location would be funny. And as a bonus, much easier to "grief" the OP with by moving mobs where you want them!

Heh, look at Sonic and that player anchor resist debuff.  Swap to knockback, make that tank scream in frustration.  

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Hurricane sucks

Make up your mind. First you say Hurricane blows, and you want it to suck. Now you're saying that it already does suck, when we all already know that it doesn't suck, it blows. But not as much as Gale blows. Do you also want Gale to suck, or is it OK that Gale blows?

Edited by Roderick
typo
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

No please. Implementing this suggestion would cause ranged aoes with knockback to actually scatter mobs regardless of where you are when you use the power. Right now you can use them to push all the mobs in one direction.

2 hours ago, sacredlunatic said:

No please. Implementing this suggestion would cause ranged aoes with knockback to actually scatter mobs regardless of where you are when you use the power. Right now you can use them to push all the mobs in one direction.

Or you can use some geometry and throw the grenade behind the guy in the back of the mob or the guy in the front of the mob.

As for the prospect of a draw-in power, I believe it might have a chance to be implemented with the new tools they have.  However, it will NOT be put in Hurricane.  Hurricane is too good of a power to make it a face-roll for elitist people whose only concern is getting mobs as tightly packed to AoE them down.  Maybe in a more situational and longer recharging power would you get that.

EDIT: I think it might be time for us to start rolling up them Hurricane-using characters.  Show him how its done.

Edited by Leogunner
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

As for the prospect of a draw-in power, I believe it might have a chance to be implemented with the new tools they have.  However, it will NOT be put in Hurricane.  Hurricane is too good of a power to make it a face-roll for elitist people whose only concern is getting mobs as tightly packed to AoE them down.  Maybe in a more situational and longer recharging power would you get that.

Replacing it with an activated power that sucks in enemies, debuffs them and has a fairly large cooldown could be a fun idea. But then we'd be missing out on the defence bonus from Hurricane. There are other powers that could do that.