Forum Game: Never have I ever

DougGraves

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Never have I ever done the Dr. Quarterfield Task Force

I can say with 100% certainty that noone in the history has ever completed - or even attempted - the Dr. Quarterfeld Task Force.

On a related note, I don't think that anyone in the history of CoH has ever spelled the Dr. Quaterfield Task force correctly.

3 hours ago, Harry_Canyon said:

Been in since Beta.

Never have I ever; Done a Hamidon Raid, or any post 20 content in Praetoria (barring Night Ward and First Ward)

Done all this for the first time apiece in Homecoming! All stuff I never thought I'd ever get to try a year ago.

Never have I ever got a controller past level 20.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pixie_Knight said:

I had gotten a Plant/Trick Arrow troller to 35 before the server shutdown.

Never have I ever ran a Respec Trial while playing a Keld.

I would skip the other and go from this one, but I don't think I have ever played a kheld at all. 

13 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

I would skip the other and go from this one, but I don't think I have ever played a kheld at all. 

I've done respec trials (hero side) that had kelds on the team. Two words for you... Cyst Crystals. Even worse when the team leader makes the critical mistake of being 2 levels higher then everyone else on the team. And to make things still worse, often said kelds don't bother warning the team that there are cyst crystals. Which means the first warning the team gets is when there's hundreds of unbound nictus swarming the team as they try defending the reactor. Often with the keld(s) already dead because they weren't scanning for void hunters/quantum gunners either and got blindsided. I've seen cyst crystals cause soo many respec trials to fail. Then again I've seen a lot of them fail because the team leader didn't understand that with a full team mobs will be +2/+3 to the highest level person on the team... meaning that the rest of the team is likely facing deep purple conning mobs.

Never played a Mastermind past level 15.  Every other AT except the new Sentinels I've played to 50 at least once on Live.  I have a current Thug/Dark MM sitting at around level 12 now that I'll pull out on occasion when the mood strikes.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Never played a Mastermind past level 15.  Every other AT except the new Sentinels I've played to 50 at least once on Live.  I have a current Thug/Dark MM sitting at around level 12 now that I'll pull out on occasion when the mood strikes.

Done pretty much every MM type except Zombies.  Trying to understand the Lich makes me confused.

Never have I ever:

Taken Maelstrom seriously as a character.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Never have I ever:

I take him very seriously, when he's an Elite Boss and I've just used up all my insps in the previous room while playing a squishy.

Never have I ever soloed an Archvillain with a controller (or any other class)

14 hours ago, Harry_Canyon said:

Been in since Beta.

Never have I ever; Done a Hamidon Raid, or any post 20 content in Praetoria (barring Night Ward and First Ward)

Is there any post 20 content in Praetorian other than the Wards? Unless you're counting iTrials or something.

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Never have I ever:

He does go down very quickly doesn't he?

3 hours ago, Pixie_Knight said:

I take him very seriously, when he's an Elite Boss and I've just used up all my insps in the previous room while playing a squishy.

Never have I ever soloed an Archvillain with a controller (or any other class)

I've solo'd several AV's with an Ill/Rad 'troller, perma-PA makes a huge difference.  I've taken a few of the easier ones with a BS/Shield scrapper.  Maestro is enough of a wimp I took him with a Fire/EM blaster at level.  I think I've taken him down with most AT's I've played.  

The last Manticore TF I ran I ended up soloing Hopkins with my Fire/EM blaster while the rest of the team pounded on Countess Crey.  It was nearly a tie killing off the two AV's, although my blaster was level 50, defense soft capped to ranged and capable of playing keep away with the AV.  I think I ate 4 large red inspirations to help out the DPS.

That did cause some commentary as the rest of the team didn't realize Hopkins had rezzed until they dropped the Countess.  I think they were all relatively new players, and they had no clue what a blaster could do with a high end build and an experienced player.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Pixie_Knight said:

That's part of the reason, I admit, I specified "as a character".  Though really, the couple times he's spawned as an EB (and don't even get me started on TPN) just make him sillier.  Like, the stronger he is mechanically, the more I go "why is this loser being treated like some epic foe?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never have I ever gotten a tank or brute past 35 (I think).  Something about the button mashing of a straight in-your-face fighter gets boring to me, so I normally stick to support toons.  I did have a stalker and as scrapper at 50 during first run however, but that was after awhile too, not a dedicated effort.  Only far as I can recall have I had more than maybe three tanks and brutes even.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Never have I ever gotten a tank or brute past 35 (I think).  Something about the button mashing of a straight in-your-face fighter gets boring to me, so I normally stick to support toons.  I did have a stalker and as scrapper at 50 during first run however, but that was after awhile too, not a dedicated effort.  Only far as I can recall have I had more than maybe three tanks and brutes even.

I’ve been known to partake in a little Tanking here or there. I am likely the only one on Homecoming that attended the very first Tanker Tuesday, so there is that.😂

I never took Stone Armor to 50. Can’t stand it, won’t touch it and commend anyone that does.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I’ve never had a Badger. Started one about two months ago and am slow leveling them while badging almost all Red and some Blue. At 34 and a little iver 500 badges

I don't have characters that are badge hunters. I am a badge hound... to put it politely. Pretty much all my characters at some point or another (usually multiple times) spend entire days going around grabbing exploration badges, history badges, and the like. And if getting a hunt badge is too slow when doing it organically, my characters at some point end up farming mobs for those badges too.

Never have I ever played a character with Invulnerability to level 10 or beyond. Back in issue 1 I rolled an /invuln scrapper, and by level 6 I was bored to tears with the character due to having to run on the highest difficulty to have any sort of real challenge. Granted, that probably would have changed right quick if I'd gone to the hollows. But when you're fighting +2 mobs at level 4 when solo, and the only question is if you have enough endurance? Yeah, not a fun character to me.

• Haha 2