What Tools Do You Want?

_NOPE_

What Tool Would YOU Most Like To Have?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. There have been many ideas for various tools floating around that are CoH related, but aren't actual in-game changes. So, what tools would you like to have access to that you don't already have?

• Out of Game Mission Architect Mission Builder
    • See Project Spelunker to fruition
    • Online City of Data Replacement
    • Badge Tracker
    • Web Based Build Planner
    • Game Sound Silencer/Replacer
    • Combat Log Parser ala HeroStats
    • Build Suggester

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/20 at 07:24 AM

+1 to sound editor. Especially if it's like some game modding software where the original files are backed up every time you replace them so it's painless to restore default sounds.

I was just thinking the other day about how I really want to play a psychic blaster, and how it's only possible if I swap in psy melee sfx and... That sounds like a project.

(He says, completely oblivious that he's asking for a program that could easily take over a hundred hours of development time).

• Like 1

Yup, I'll go ahead and plop this down here, though it looks like you might be already aware of it. I think it's good to have a reminder every once in a while. Virtually ANYTHING is possible in code, the question is if the juice is worth the squeeze, so to speak:

image.thumb.png.3a035474459a76f1fe13ed232463a9a7.png

• Haha 2
I'm out.

52 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

What is that again? Remind me, the name is familiar, but I don't know that I ever used it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140625171903/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

OH! You mean like this @Bopper?

image.thumb.png.33e529841445ec1eab334e26010decf6.png

image.thumb.png.13adcf0ba5945428afd81c48df43c2e9.png

Speaking of which, now that I have async figured out, I should go back and fix this so that the "database" doesn't take five minutes to load. I think that'll be my next mini-project until I decide the next big one to tackle!

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Like 1
I'm out.

10 hours ago, Bopper said:

I would love *LOVE!!!* to see an updated and working City of Data again.

This!  I never realized how much I relied on Red Tomax's site on Live until I tried to get by without it on HC.  While it is nice to have the web archive version, it is incomplete and outdated. 

What would be awesome would be an online/web-based planner that included look-ups for powerset quantification, so I wouldn't need to jog halfway across the internet to see that Shiver hits for -81.25 Recharge, or wonder what each of the Oil Slick Arrow pseudopets REALLY does, by the numbers.

Edited by roleki

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

@roleki, see above. That app provides the raw data directly from the server side .DEF files (at least, the ones that were leaked). I wouldn't be able to give anything more up to date than that data from about a year ago, unless the HC Devs decided to released their Powers.def file to everyone, or provide an API where I could query that data.

Now, this is the RAW data that I've provided in a fairly easy to view format (rather than having to browse through the .DEF file itself). As to what the attributes actually MEAN, I haven't spent the time to investigate them, look at the code behind the scenes to see how it uses the data, and bring it all together. For example, the Scale that I have highlighted is the scale that damage of that power uses.. I'm assuming it's multiplied by some base value somewhere, but I'd have to dig further to figure that out, and that would take quite some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

1 hour ago, The Philotic Knight said:

OH! You mean like this @Bopper?

image.thumb.png.33e529841445ec1eab334e26010decf6.png

image.thumb.png.13adcf0ba5945428afd81c48df43c2e9.png

Speaking of which, now that I have async figured out, I should go back and fix this so that the "database" doesn't take five minutes to load. I think that'll be my next mini-project until I decide the next big one to tackle!

I'd been waiting for you to come back to that and ditch the spreadsheet db. But I was reasonably sure your projects murdered you in your sleep for a while.

• Sad 1

@The Philotic Knight: What app IS that, and where would one get it?  And where could a lowly so-and-so get their hands on Powers.def?  I happen to have a little experience in creating data-driven dashboards; if I could stuff that into a DB, there are a few things I would like to take a crack at.

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

4 minutes ago, roleki said:

@The Philotic Knight: What app IS that, and where would one get it?  And where could a lowly so-and-so get their hands on Powers.def?  I happen to have a little experience in creating data-driven dashboards; if I could stuff that into a DB, there are a few things I would like to take a crack at.

That's my Powers Checker app, and you can find it on my tools page: http://www.cityofplayers.com/pks-tools/

It comes with an Excel spreadsheet that's basically the raw dump of my Def File Parser program's output. If you take that spreadsheet and see the relationships between the sheets, you should be able to figure it out. I just created a basic UI that lets people browse that spreadsheet in a "user friendly" way and export the data into sub-sheets, but feel free to do what you want with that data, just know that it's surely out of date.

As to the .DEF files themselves, I got mine from the leaks a while back, I don't recall which leak specifically, but you can take a crack at looking at Ourodev's leak archive to see if you can find the original raw file again. As per HC policy, I can't link directly to Ourodev, but if you google it you can find it, or if you send me a PM, I can PM your the URL to their archives (I think you have to create an account to access it though).

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

My wishlist.. I think some of these things may exist in part or in whole, but need updated.

1. A combat log parser for CoH.

2. The current version of "city of data" as mentioned above.

3. The web-based version of mid's (could include the city of data above, but bare in mind, ideally I want to be able to pull tables of data out to drop in a spreadsheet)

4. A way to export and import builds into the game 

5. A way to sync my online badge progress to an offline tracker

6. A MOD that gives an unmistakable visual clue when i'm within the sound of a mission objective glowie (I almost always play without sound and don't intend on changing this).

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

42 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

6. A MOD that gives an unmistakable visual clue when i'm within the sound of a mission objective glowie (I almost always play without sound and don't intend on changing this).

Try this out?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 hour ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I don't see anything in there about adding new graphics to "glowies" @Bopper, just some mods of backgrounds and sounds.

I read too fast and skipped over Visual. I personally have a hard time hearing the wom-wom sound, so my mind went directly to an Audio issue.

Edited by Bopper

13 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

We need those visual sounds like FREEM!  But in this case a WOM-WOM should pop up on the screen 😁

Yeah, anything like that would require new code in thr game itself. So, that's not possible without HC's cooperation, and AFAIK they aren't currently taking code submissions. 

• Like 1
I'm out.

5 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah, anything like that would require new code in thr game itself. So, that's not possible without HC's cooperation, and AFAIK they aren't currently taking code submissions. 

Alas and alack!

I was just trying to explain an example of visual glowies.  I think you are right though, anything visual on glowies will have to be coded into the game.  And sometimes they are behind stuff and if your character is tall they are very hard to find.  

Thanks for the input everyone. I've taken the ideas presented here that I feel are maybe possible without requiring the HC's team's approval/input (because they don't mess with the game world), and threw the list into a list randomizer to have a random order, and edited the OP to add the poll. I set voting for a week from now. I'll start working on the one that has the most votes. If I come across a blockage on that one, or complete it, I'll start working towards the next one, and so on, and so on.

If you have any further ideas, please feel free to keep posting them here. I might start a second poll if enough ideas are gathered.

• Like 1
I'm out.