Report: Couldn't enter the mission/TF door here!

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey guys,

Our team is hard at work investigating this issue. Please post as much info as you can to this tread in order for us to better diagnose the problem. Thank you! 

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

• 2 weeks later

Hi there,

Does this count ?

Seer Marino's arc, "Steal research from Legacy chain" (through ouro), same door as previous mission (inside the arachnos-controlled building) - marker tells you it's 10 feet away, click the door, back on Mercy's streets. Good. Now what. Oh heh, the marker is now behind you, telling you to get back inside from where you were. By some sorcery that even the Mu can't understand it tells you again you have to go out of the building, and that could have lasted for a good while.

Used the Mission Transporter and it brought me to a totally different door, next to Dr. Creed. And it seems the marker has realigned and shows the correct door this time.

• 3 weeks later
On 2/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, Kailath said:

Red side ouroboros arc "6.78 The missing Maidens" from Jezebel Jones. On first mission "Investigate disappearance" you can get a mission marker at St. Martial -3084.8 -9.7 -391.9. Real mission door is in another building. 

Related bug: Hardcase, story arc "Breaking the Streak," mission 3 "Defeat Luckless" lead me to the same door as the "interior pawn shop" map from the St. Martial zone event, while the zone event was in progress, meaning that the mission couldn't be started without first clearing the zone event. I don't think this is the only mission with this problem, either. There's a list of random mission doors in St. Martial, that's used by lots of missions, and nobody thought to take the zone event mission door off of the list. (This bug has existed since the zone event was created, back during issue 23.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I received a mission with no door marker whatsoever.  The mission has no listed zone.  I tried using the mission teleporter to get there, and it said that the mission had an "invalid door ID".

The mission is called "Defeat Vanessa & her servants", the final mission in Harvey Maylor's arc.  This mission is triggered after completing a hunt (defeat X carnies).  I finished that hunt while in another mission, if that matters.

I think this sort of bug is not unique to this mission.  I received another mission with no marker and no zone a few weeks ago, which I simply abandoned and reacquired.  That's not possible with this mission, since it's part of a story arc.

• 2 weeks later

Pretty sure it's the same bug -
This has happened 4 times to 4 different people on TFs who have mentioned it to me.

Someone in the TF enters the mission before the leader,
Leader cannot enter the door. In cases such as Apex TF where there are multiple doors, neither work.
Things we've tried
- relogging
- Everyone exiting the mission
- restarting the client
- different doors (in apex)
- waiting for mission 1 to be over and using the door for mission 2 first (doesn't work either).

The only fix we've found is to have everyone exit, reform the TF, and have the leader enter first.
Oddly this has only effected the team leader.

• 3 weeks later

If you can't find the mission door in St Martial because the map marker is pointing to a spot below the city, here is why, and how to get around it.

WHY:

City Hall, Midnighter Clubs, Hospitals, Universities, Arachnos Buildings, the Crey building, The Giza, Portal Corp, etc... all have doors to enter them. But the interiors of these buildings are not actually on the other sides of their  respective doors. The interiors are separate entities built FAR BELOW the city maps. So the doors to the buildings act more like portals than doors and warp you to these interiors.

Some building interiors have mission doors in them. When this is the case, the game first points you to the building door. The building door warps you to the interior far below the map. Then the game points you to the mission door within the interior.

In St Martial the zone event blocks the building door map marker and instead skips to showing you the mission door map marker inside the building's interior.

HOW TO GET AROUND IT:

From the southeast corner of AE in St Martial, head east until you find these stone gargoyles on a bridge. Find this gargoyle and you will find this elevator on top of a neighboring building. That's the building! From the gargoyle you can jump across and use the elevator to enter the building's interior far below the map which contains your mission door. If you miss the jump to the elevator and fall to the ground below, you will fall very close by the building's proper entry doors which you can also use.

vWo6UBV.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later

I'm not sure this qualifies, but I was running a mission from Phillipa Meraux

image.png.8bc91742afd081fe8b923f6ad37e2e12.png

and the first part of the mission was to defeat 35 Freakshow, which I did while inside a different mission map.

It then switched to the second part without a zone attached to it :

image.png.b737998c9bcf3364ab706fbc60fd8b3a.png

Now I have no idea where to go for this, and using the mission teleported just gives me :

image.png.ea8b599348faa1afa55b1bef4941283a.png

• 2 weeks later

Waypoints and actual exit don't match, unable to complete them:

bug2.JPG.d371582041d16e67eed04b0f3320291e.JPGbug1.JPG.d4aa807f9bed26a0c4d4978540ed643d.JPG

Used auto-complete to get around the first time, but the direct immediate mission has the same issue as well.

Edited by Oginth

• 3 weeks later
On 7/1/2020 at 6:26 PM, ogged2 said:

I'm not sure this qualifies, but I was running a mission from Phillipa Meraux

I had the same problem. I defeated the 35 Freaks while running another door mission. So I received a new mission but no location. I went back to Phillipa and chose the option to complete the mission.

This has happened to me before. There is a similarly structured mission in the 25-29 bracket involving the Warriors. At level 29, I had out-levelled most of the Warriors on Talos Island, so I started a door mission from the police radio. I defeated all the Warriors, but had nowhere to go for the next mission in the sequence. I thought about abandoning it to see if my contact would offer it again, but I guessed that wouldn't work, so I talked to my contact and completed it.

I guess it's simply because you can't receive a new door mission while you're already in a door mission.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

From the Redside Tip "Inside Information", the mission "Locate Mr. G in St. Martial"...

If you look on the map, the mission entrance is in the middle of the water, at loc -191.8 1.6 1654.3

If you go to the red star on navigation bar, the mission entrance is correct, at loc 192 -16.8 51.7

Same location mismatches for Mr. G's mission "Attack Vanguard's prison base".

Edited by ZekeStenzland

• 1 month later

I'm not sure if this is the same bug, but here's what I got:

1. Accept Mr. Bocor's "Take out Hellions" mission.  The way that's supposed to work is you defeat 10 Hellions (anywhere), then it creates a new objective with a mission door.

2. Accept "Defeat all Hellions" in Billie Heck's "Give 'em Hellion!" arc. 

3. Do the Billie Heck mission, defeating at least 10 Hellions in the process.  Bocor's mission will switch to the new objective ("Defeat all Hellions in hideout").  But when back on the Port Oakes map, that mission does not have a door anywhere.

Edited by Zhym

• 2 months later
On 4/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, Floride said:

If you can't find the mission door in St Martial because the map marker is pointing to a spot below the city, here is why, and how to get around it.

For ease of solving this, the door to the building is around -3120.4 0.0 132.9 and the mission door is -3165.8 -354.0 208.0.  This comes up particularly often doing Hard Luck's Breaking the Streak arc, where "Defeat Luckless and his guards" frequently spawns there.  There is at least one other mission door in that same building with the same pathing error.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:43 PM, InfamousBrad said:

Related bug: Hardcase, story arc "Breaking the Streak," mission 3 "Defeat Luckless" lead me to the same door as the "interior pawn shop" map from the St. Martial zone event, while the zone event was in progress, meaning that the mission couldn't be started without first clearing the zone event. I don't think this is the only mission with this problem, either. There's a list of random mission doors in St. Martial, that's used by lots of missions, and nobody thought to take the zone event mission door off of the list. (This bug has existed since the zone event was created, back during issue 23.)

Yes, please remove this door from the random list. 

Our Treespec3 leader couldn't enter the cave mission or the final door on our first attempt this evening [on the 21st EU time]. Ended up reforming when we were are the door and it worked fine the second run.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• 2 months later

If you are in AE mode when you start a TF, you cant enter the damn mish doors.

I STARTED a TF, and couldnt enter the damned doors. Im pretty grr. It wasn't clear until AFTER the first mish that I was stuck in AE mode.

• 1 month later
On 5/13/2021 at 1:11 AM, Killerhurtz said:

Does this count?  Tip mission for an explore badge in Nerva has no waypoint, just says Vigorous.

image.thumb.png.4cf2657cf788d317bd1c76d9e1b2e2f3.png

That badge is in Independence Port.  Did you activate an IP tip while in Nerva?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 2 weeks later

In Mercy, I was having missions to jump down snake holes, but I only saw the waypoint and no snake holes. Sometimes the waypoint was not lined up with the level entrance, so I had to move the mouse around, looking for a place on the ground where my cursor became a blue hand. Do the decals representing the snake hole entrances not show up at low settings? I thought I used to see them a while ago before I took a year off from playing...

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but I finished a mission in the very north end of Nerva, then used Mission Teleporter to warp me to a mission on the south end of Nerva and I spawned inside a building looking at the inside of the mission door. I did a /loc in the screenshot to show where I was.

71pWSUC.jpg

I clicked on the doors, entered the mission, then exited the mission and spawned outside the mission doors as normal. Again I did a /loc.

FWx4qM5.jpg

• Like 1

Bring in Vanessa Devore in Praetor Tilman's arc generated an invalid door_id, when it should be in Neutropolis. I think this happened because I was in a team with a friend, and we had just done his version of that mission, and since the mission has a moral choice, it's flagged to not autocomplete. It's presenting a problem because I also can't autocomplete the mission with Tilman or abandon it.

This is the sewer door that the mission should be at.
image.png.274b3fd10e89c5c26c6e143429c3885e.png

This is the message we got when we tried to TT to the door.
image.png.6dc896d043db863eab3f2de0aa67fa36.png

Edited by Katharos
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

• 1 month later

I had something similar happen to me as NCN616 reported above.

I had a hunt mission and upon completion it kicked off the next mission (Probe Rikti minds) and then Investigate Rikti base from Steve Sheridan).  I completed the hunt mission in the Rikti war zone and the next mission appeared but no zone as to where it was. (talk about secret bases!).  GM Willow replied to my petition:  Some of these aren't particular about where you complete the hunt missions but upon completion, when selecting the following task, tend to go a little wonky when doing it from an opposite or cooperative alignment zone.  I had that happen the other day with a redside contact, I had been picking up badges blueside (as a rogue alignment) and the contact issued  me a door in Skyway.  Of course, the door was broken, but returning to an appropriate zone fixed the issue.

In my case, I tried a few zones to see if the mission would give me a door but had no luck.  I ended up abandoning the mission and picking it again.  I went to Crey's to beat on Rikti and the following mission appeared in that zone.

Cheers,

Parenthetical

I've been consistently getting invalid door IDs in Provost Marchands arc. 

Many parts of  his arc involve "two step missions" - you're granted a door mission, then upon completing the door mission, are sent to another door mission. I've been duoing this arc with a friend, selecting his mission and doing it, with my Collaborative Missions enabled, so that we don't have to do missions twice. The first time I encountered this bug in this arc was in the Part 2: Refugees doubled-up missions. We did the first door mission, "Rescue Desdemona," again selecting my friend's mission and doing it, setting my options to enable Collaborative Missions. That left us at the "Rescue the Carnival of Light" mission. We decided to log off before doing that part. The next day, I logged in to see I had no assigned door ID for my mission. I abandoned the mission and reaccepted it from Provost Marchand, which meant my mission was then reset back to the "Rescue Desdemona" part. Luckily, I had a spare "Complete the current mission from this contact" sitting around and spent that, which brought me back to the "Rescue the Carnival of Light" mission.

Yesterday, my friend and I did the "Bring Order to Brickstown" mission from Provost Marchand under "Part One: Culling the Chaos." After we finished, we were tired and went to bed. I woke up today to find that the ensuing "Bring in the Remaining Villains" had an invalid door ID. I again abandoned it, forgetting my lesson, and was set back to the "Bring Order to Brickstown" mission, which I had already completed. But now I'm on cooldown for the "Complete the current mission from this contact" option, and I'm just going to wait for my autocomplete to come back up. I don't know if I generate an invalid door ID before logging off, I've just been too tired to check.

Seems like the issue here is some interaction with multiple indoor missions that don't send you back to your contact, and potentially something with the collaborative missions setting. 

26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done?