Patch Notes for February 16th, 2020 (Release Candidate 1)

The Curator

• Developer

This is a Release Candidate. Changes since the last patch are highlighted in cyan.

Powers

• Player Buffing Procs like Chance for Build Up should no longer proc on pseudo-pets, most of the time they did nothing and simply added confusion.
  • Panacea no longer grants +Regen in PvP, instead it has the same Chance for +Heal as in PvE

Bug Fixes

• Doc Buzzsaw was not aware of the decreased level range for Positron Part 1. She now spawns all the way down to level 8.

Powers Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Tanker and Brute Global Taunt Proc not triggering on aura powers. (In the latest patch this fix has also been applied to Quills)
  • Fixed bug with Gauntlet not triggering main-hit taunt messages.
  • Clockwork Reassembly power should again calculate the chance for each individual spawned Gear, instead of only once at death. Average spawn count over time will not change, but it will be rare to get no Gears out of a defeated boss.
  • Fixed many missing PStrings on crafting windows and mail attachments.
  • Proton Volley's Fast-Snipe sphere FX should now tint properly in the Dark Theme.
  • Fixed an issue with many powers displaying duplicate effects in their power info window.
  • Addressed a bug where sometimes, after zoning, Bio Armor would have two both, offensive and defensive Adaptations active simultaneously.
  • Many Lore Pet powers were not subject to PvP Mez suppression, this has been fixed.
  • Players should no longer see a debuff icon when Carnival Master Illusionists summons pets.
  • Players should no longer see a debuff icon when Tuatha Bosses use Animated Stone.
  • Fixed short tool tip for Sirocco's Dervish to clarify it is a chance for damage.
  • Mind Control > Terrify: This power no longer states it accepts Accurate ToHit Debuff sets. This power has never had a ToHit Debuff component.
  • Fiery Melee > Breath of Fire: Fixed an animation bug when the power is used with Shield Defense.
  • Energy Blast > Sniper Blast: Fixed sound sync issues with the tintable fast cast version of the power.
  • Sentinel > Dark Blast > Antumbral Beam: Fixed missing sound FX.
  • Pool > Sorcery > Rune of Protection: Clicking on this power should not trigger an animation if the power has not recharged.
  • Dominator > Martial Assault > Masterful Throw (Quick Version): Adjusted the projectile and hit timing.
  • Blaster > Devices > Caltrops: Enhancements and Procs should now work on this power.
  • Dominator > Assault > Martial Assault > Caltrops: Enhancements and Procs should now work on this power.
  • Dominator > Assault > Thorns > Thorntrops: Enhancements and Procs should now work on this power.
  • Brute > Fury: Fixed a bug where some auras would passively grant the brute small amounts of +Fury.
  • Blaster > Sonic Attack > Fixed PString messages on Power Customization.
  • Fixed a bug where Targeting Drone's Up-Front damage would not always cancel out in combat.
  • Incarnate > Interface (All Damage over Time Procs): Fixed a bug that resulted in lower than expected chance (thanks @Bopper & @Gulbasaur!)
  • Short Tooltip for the following procs for the following procs changed to clarify they provide a chance for damage:
    • Gladiator's Net
    • Javelin Volley
    • Mako's Bite
  • Defender & Corruptor > Epic > Power Mastery > Power Build Up: This power should no longer have it's strength enhanced by other Power Build Up powers.
  • Stalker > Ice Melee: Attacks in this powerset should now properly display CRITICAL float messages when they crit.
  • Stalker > Ice Melee > Frost: This power should now take range enhancements, same as other versions of Ice Melee > Frost
  • Pool > Hasten: Clicking on this power should not trigger an animation if the power has not recharged..
  • Peacebringer > Light Form: Clicking on this power should not trigger an animation if the power has not recharged.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Incarnate > Interface (All Damage over Time Procs): Fixed a bug that resulted in lower than expected chance (thanks @Bopper & @Gulbasaur!)

Yes!!! Glad this made it in so quickly.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Defender & Corruptor > Epic > Power Mastery > Power Build Up: This power should no longer have it's strength enhanced by other Power Build Up powers.

shoot..

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, The Curator said:
  • Pool > Hasten: Clicking on this power should not trigger an animation if the power has not recharged..
  • Peacebringer > Light Form: Clicking on this power should not trigger an animation if the power has not recharged.

I don't have a character I can test this on, but if I remember from Live, this problem also occurs on MM > Dark Miasma > Darkest Night.

Edited by Kyksie

20 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Yes.

He might have been asking about whether or not Cancel on Miss is still a thing. Not sure what he meant by "tied together". @Armaros, can you clarify your question?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

8 minutes ago, Bopper said:

He might have been asking about whether or not Cancel on Miss is still a thing. Not sure what he meant by "tied together". @Armaros, can you clarify your question?

Lots of folks in prior threads had theorized that in order for the 25% secondary proc to go off, the 75% primary proc had to activate first.  I think that is what they meant.

Your and Gulbasaur's testing showed the actual cause.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

Just now, Caulderone said:

Lots of folks in prior threads had theorized that in order for the 25% secondary proc to go off, the 75% primary proc had to activate first.  I think that is what they meant.

Your testing showed the actual cause.

I see. That was actually what I meant to test when I came across the root cause. I expected a T3 with no secondary proc to perform as expected. When it didn't, that helped put a spotlight on things.

1 hour ago, Kyksie said:

I don't have a character I can test this on, but if I remember from Live, this problem also occurs on MM > Dark Miasma > Darkest Night.

I didn't see this on basic tests for Dark MM, Cont or Corr.  I didn't test the Def and APP versions, as I didn't have those readily available.

Gauntlet chat messages are now appearing for all types of attacks:  Taunt aura, single target attacks, targeted AoEs and untargeted AoEs.  YEA!

I do have a question though:  Is the taunt component of all taunt auras meant to be auto-hit?  I thought it was, but Blazing Aura only taunts on a hit.

Chat messages for this last case (first hits all three, second only two in same fight):

You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Sonic with your Blazing Aura for 17.75 points of Fire damage.
You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Blazing Aura for 17.75 points of Fire damage.
You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Sonic with your Blazing Aura for 17.75 points of Fire damage.
You Taunt Vortex Cor Leonis Sonic with your Gauntlet.
You Taunt Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Gauntlet.

You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Blazing Aura for 17.75 points of Fire damage.
You Taunt Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Gauntlet.
Blazing Aura missed!
MISSED Vortex Cor Leonis Sonic!! Your Blazing Aura power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.79.

Edited by csr

4 hours ago, The Curator said:
  • Panacea no longer grants +Regen in PvP, instead it has the same Chance for +Heal as in PvE

BUG: Panacea's tooltip still states that it gives a regen bonus to its target in PvP.

NOT BUG: There are a few other powers in the game that should be changed for consistency (currently give +regen in PvP but heal or HoT in PvE):

• Blaster/Sentinel/Defender/Corruptor Water Blast -> Dehydrate (versions with and without Tidal Power)
  • Defender/Corruptor/Controller/MM Nature Affinity -> Regrowth (the initial heal functions normally but the follow-on HoT is just +regen)
  • Defender/Controller/Corruptor Pain Domination -> Soothing Aura (note the MM version of this power isn't the same and is supposed to do +regen)
  • Defender/Corruptor/Controller/MM Time Manipulation -> Temporal Mending (same issue as Regrowth)
  • Defender/Corruptor/Controller/MM Time Manipulation -> Chrono Shift (this one doesn't actually give any heal at all in PvP even though in PvE it's an initial heal and then HoT)

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Hmmm... might have a new problem with Interface Procs. I re-ran a test using the 50% DoT from Spectral Interface which also carries the 10% Immobilize. The DoTs are now working perfectly, but not once did it show "You Immobilize..." in my chatlog. It showed up about 10% of the time a few days ago.

• Developer
48 minutes ago, csr said:

I do have a question though:  Is the taunt component of all taunt auras meant to be auto-hit?  I thought it was, but Blazing Aura only taunts on a hit

The taunt has never been auto-hit. No proc can do that, the base power must be auto-hit.

What is Auto-Hit is the AoE on the main target. This still requires the main target to be hit, though.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

• Jimmy locked this topic