Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

• 2 weeks later

One of my party members "borrowed" a couple of lines from FREEMAN'S MIND the other day. I didn't call them on it cause I thought it was funny as hell - and appropriate. We were up against Knives of Artemis. 

"It's Occam's SHURIKEN! When the answer is elusive, never rule out ninjas!"

"See? That one dropped in from nowhere! I should expect that! But at the same time I CAN'T expect that! Because they're NINJAS! As soon as I expect it, they won't do it! Ninjas understand quantum mechanics better than people realize!"

The fact that he was wearing a hazard orange power suit of unknown origin and a striking Tony Stark beard and glasses I'm sure was just a coincidence. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later

It might be cheating for purposes of this thread, but I have a character whose name I chose specifically because I find it hilarious when the game inserts it into the generic NPC dialogue in radio/paper missions: That Handsome Devil.

"What's That Handsome Devil doing here?"
"How did That Handsome Devil find us?"
"Get That Handsome Devil!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

• 2 weeks later
On 2/22/2023 at 5:08 PM, Mjolnerd said:

It might be cheating for purposes of this thread, but I have a character whose name I chose specifically because I find it hilarious when the game inserts it into the generic NPC dialogue in radio/paper missions: That Handsome Devil.

"What's That Handsome Devil doing here?"
"How did That Handsome Devil find us?"
"Get That Handsome Devil!"

this is NOT cheating

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later

While whacking Hellfrosts for the badge in Sharkhead -- Family and Sky Raiders trash talking each other:

[NPC] Button Man Muscle: Man, did you have to wear the ridiculous hat? Has the word 'inconspicuous' EVER entered your vocabulary?
[NPC] Porter: You're giving me grief about my outfit? Your entire cardboard cut-out family looks like you shop at Brooks Brothers. Whatever. We have a deal to make.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Sometimes the citizens get a little... disjointed... about their conversations.

[NPC] Lino: Well look at this... 'The Paragon Transit Authority has re-opened the Kallisti Wharf station.' It's about time.
[NPC] Antonietta: Really? I wonder what DJ Zero will think of next.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ashley:

"You should really go talk to Dmitri Krylov. He's an expert in Mutants. Granted, I think he got that way from performing a number of experiments on them.

Dmitri would know better than anyone else the history of Mutants. If you get the chance, ask him if he knows my father. That should give you a good laugh."

The Expert:

N4I3aAm.jpg

Me:

" . . .  Bly*t!"

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

This was interesting because of the context. In Atlas Park, I spotted a group of five Clockwork walking single file, a few feet behind a pedestrian. I just thought that was an interesting coincidence. But then the pedestrian stopped, turned around, and looked at the Clockwork for a moment. I expected her to do the usual pedestrian thing and run away after spotting the "villains". But instead, she turned and continued on her way, albeit walking in a slightly different direction. And then she stopped, turned, and watched the Clockwork again, before walking away once more. She was now headed in my direction, so just for fun I clicked on her to see her "chatter":

"I work for Paragon Power. Repairs are a constant race against Clockwork scavenging."

That made the whole thing look less like coincidence, and more like "scripted".

Edited by RikOz
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I overheard this one during the Hypothermal Lab Results Tip mission as the Sky Raiders were dealing with Snakes: 

[NPC] Wing Raider: You know, I have a feeling this serum is NOT working correctly!

I also came across this one while saving one of Paragon's aldermen during the Furtive Plea For Help Tip mission: 

[NPC] Wolf Spider Assault: I REALLY hate it when someone interrupts me in the middle of killing a hostage!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later

Just saw a Drudge fishing in Night Ward. When I attacked, he said " Wot? I can't 'ave a break but you can? Anyways, we do all th' work."

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

• 3 weeks later

While fighting some Arachnos soldiers in Faultline, I overheard one say the following:

[NPC] Wolf Spider TacOps: They have a strip mall here. Did you see that? A STRIP MALL. I may very well throw up.

I also heard the following as I continued exploring Faultline while badge hunting:

[NPC] Mortificator: He came to me looking to lose some weight. So I chopped off his leg!

[NPC] Mortificator: Oh man, that's a risky move, but he did hit his target weight. Not your fault, honestly.

[NPC] Stunner Chief: Underneath all this metal, I'm a businessman. Now do right by me.

[NPC] Wolf Spider Assault: Well, I won't be extorted by some metallic psychopath in makeup. If you think those strong-arm tactics are going to work, think again. Do you even KNOW who Lord Recluse is?

• 1 month later

I don't remember the exact quote because I've only run the Aeon SF once, but in the part where you're in Portal Corp

Strange women lying in ponds is not a system for distributing incarnate powers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

• 1 month later

In Kings Row between Paula Dempsey Missions:

152271381_oinkoink.JPG.02d0efb325c58adc25620a1d25713eb6.JPG

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X