Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

Sometimes it's the situation or simply something another player has said.

[NPC] Hospital Staff: You got royally spanked, didn't you?

• Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

This was circa i7, but I saw an Arachnos Webmaster, in Grandville, in front of a few troops say something along the lines of Remember, when you pull the pin, Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!

Never seen it since, never been able to find any references to it. Perhaps I'm just crazy? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I'M
THE
FREAKING
WIND
BRO.

That was the exact second when I realised why people often say redside missions have better writing. There's a sort of audacious silliness to a lot of redside content that I really enjoy. Early blueside story arcs often felt like filler, while early redside missions played like Saturday morning cartoons. 

• Like 9
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

"I like pie."
Random civilian that I clicked on in the street.

Just this morning/last night, from a mission of Vargas':

2020-02-17 01:06:51 [NPC] Nebula Cor Leonis Assault: I know this stuff is the key to our power and all, but I still say it just tastes weird. 
2020-02-17 01:06:51 [NPC] Vortex Elite Assault: What do you expect it to taste like? Strawberries? 
2020-02-17 01:06:52 [NPC] Nebula Cor Leonis Assault: Actually, that would be kinda nice.
2020-02-17 01:06:52 [NPC] Vortex Elite Assault: Are you serious? Strawberry flavored super-soldier serum? 

2020-02-17 01:06:52 You activated the Nemesis Staff power.

2020-02-17 01:06:53 [NPC] Nebula Cor Leonis Assault: Well, at least this will end that conversation.

• Like 10
  • Haha 14

Doc Buzzsaw:

earlier: " each piece you find will get a second chance at life in my next project: The crystal powered SuperFreak! "

later: " Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaught [sic] of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong "

Also the Freak Tank dialogue in her "rescue 3 Freak Tanks" mission is awesome.

• Like 9
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nemesis has already been mentioned, so the runner-up has to be everything out of the Radio's ( or more accurately RADIOOOOO'S) mouth.  Er, speaker.  Er, villain's auditory hallucination. 

While Television has less ambiguity, Radio Free Opportunity easily plays as a concept, a pirate DJ, or the villain hearing voices telling them to blow up Wyvern bases, and Radio is, and has been, my absolute favorite under-20 contact for sheer charm ever since City of Villains launched.

• Like 14
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Statesman? Wake up, pal. C'mon. Your fat ego must've taken most of the blast..." -Manticore

• Haha 5

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

My all-time favorite, from a random Skull in The Hollows:

"No, I didn't call you stupid. I said your comment was an oxymoron. It's a rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are put together. Am I the only one who reads the books we swipe around here?"

• Like 8
  • Haha 26
  • Thumbs Up 1

regarding build-up, assassin's strike or sniper blast

"You had a 95.00 chance to hit, you rolled 96.87." -all the time  (credit @tremor3258)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Blatantly stolen:

Assault Bot: I AM PROGRAMMED TO LIKE MAKING INTRUDERS SORRY.

Battle Drone: WHAT ABOUT THE AIR DUCTS?

Assault Bot: WATCH THE AIR DUCTS!

Battle Drone: I AM PROGRAMMED TO LIKE PIE.

Battle Drone: WHY?

Battle Drone: THIS QUESTION HAUNTS MY EVERY ACTIVE MEMORY CYCLE.

Battle Drone: I DO NOT EVEN HAVE A MOUTH TO EAT PIE.

Battle Drone: WHY ME?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Headman Swordsman: I just don't get that 'stealing candy from a baby' thing. It'd be all gummy and gross. Who would want that anyway?

Headman Rifleman: I said catalyst of change, not cataclysm.

Penumbra Elite Adjutant: Eye strain and carpal tunnel. I love being the lookout guy.

And, of course, most of the TVTropes page for CoH humor.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Haha 2

I always liked Positron's answer to why he just stood there never helping heroes taking beating in front of him.

"Positron: All that crap is grey to me, no XP."

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I know they get run to death but I love the DFB dialog. Positron does air on the side of being generic/ boring but I feel running it once blue before red really makes you appreciate all of Arbiter Sand's dialog on the red DFB. (As a side note, I love that Paragonwiki has the dialogue for a lotta of stuff)

Positron's assistance
There are reports of psychic disturbances below. No doubt it's the Lost. Be extra careful, many heroes have gone after the Lost only to never be heard from again.
Arbiter Sands' assistance
This report says the Lost have some sort of shanty town down below. Although, the operative spelled 'shanty' wrong. Sigh... do you see how hard it is trying to be an Arbiter when someone can't even spell shanty?
  • Haha 6

Some Tsoo in one of Darrin Wade's missions, redside:

Dragon Blue Ink Man: This is so beneath us.

Tiger Blue Ink Man: Seriously, we are the Hellions.

(Ooo, and there's a typo for me to report - the second line actually says "... were are the Hellions")