Low Volume and Very Hard to Find Recipes

I am having a very hard time finding recipes (or even crafted IOs, because people like making money) for sets like slow, stun, taunt, and to-hit buffs/debuffs. One of the hardest is slow. I hope it isn't drop rates and I assume it is people just deleting or selling them to stores.

If anyone who plays the game reads this: Please Sell All Recipes You Find to WW Regardless of Type and Level. Some of us with alternate play styles like to slot things differently.

I like that they seeded salvage. Great and Awesome.

Could the powers that be consider seeding some lower level, hard to find, standard recipes like slow?

I am on Excelsior, btw.

I think my global is @arkieboy72472, not sure

If anyone who plays the game reads this: Please Sell All Recipes You Find to WW Regardless of Type and Level. Some of us with alternate play styles like to slot things differently.

I will give it a shot! I confess I've been vendoring set recipes for stun, sleep, fear, etc., on the theory that people slot everything for damage, damage, and more damage.

I will give it a shot! I confess I've been vendoring set recipes for stun, sleep, fear, etc., on the theory that people slot everything for damage, damage, and more damage.

There is no need to as you can buy any IO non set recipe straight from the crafting table. 

If a recipe isn’t going for more than it vendors for its hard for me to bother setting up a listing...

Agreed. If a low value recipe has bids on it I'll sometimes put it up at 1inf just to help another player but in most cases I end up taking a loss versus vendoring it.

Defender Smash!

I put up several low volume recipes this morning for 100 inf. 1 of them sold. Others with bids outstanding did nothing. Its not about the inf, 100 is nothing, its the principal of the thing. I'm taking my time to list them, I could vendor or delete them faster, so at least throw me a few pennies for my troubles. If you won't even spend a measly 100 inf then why should I bother?

I always take stuff like Slows to the AH, unless I have a character with a use for them. Just about anything but Knockback; nobody should slot for more knockback. 

I a, always auctioning off-level set pieces as well, for stuff like pet damage or sniper attacks.  These may be hard to find because most of them are random levels. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

These may be hard to find because most of them are random levels.

Not anymore, they changed how the market works. For set IOs (both recipes and enhancements) all levels use the same set of bids with the buyer receiving the item at the level they bid for. So if, for example, I list a level 32 Positron's Blast on the AH and someone wants to buy a level 50 version they can potentially buy mine and the game will convert it to a level 50 version.

Defender Smash!

Not anymore, they changed how the market works. For set IOs (both recipes and enhancements) all levels use the same set of bids with the buyer receiving the item at the level they bid for. So if, for example, I list a level 32 Positron's Blast on the AH and someone wants to buy a level 50 version they can potentially buy mine and the game will convert it to a level 50 version.

Interesting, did not know that.  There are some recipes like Numina's and Performance Shifter that I would prefer to get at the lowest possible levels they're available at.  Just so long as it levels them down as well as up, though frankly I never buy those at Wentworth's anyways. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Well I have been trying to help out. Anything I don't use I just do /ah and dump them in for 1111 inf. Sure I make less on some vs vendoring but money comes easy enough.  I would rather have someone get use out of it more than I care about making a little bit more cash.

There's actually 1 type of generic IO recipe the crafting tables DO NOT sell. I vaguely remember this was a bug on live too, but it's just so niche nobody cared.

Intangibility. Crafting tables do not sell generic intangibility recipes. Weird, huh?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

There's actually 1 type of generic IO recipe the crafting tables DO NOT sell. I vaguely remember this was a bug on live too, but it's just so niche nobody cared.

Intangibility. Crafting tables do not sell generic intangibility recipes. Weird, huh?

Because they're untouchable... DUH.

I'm out.

Just curious..how do you know this? was it in patch notes somewhere?

Assuming it does work like that..what is stopping people listing stuff at low levels (like your Posi Blast) for HUGE amounts (say 50mil) then having a friend/dual boxed alt bid on the lvl 50 version, and getting it 'upgraded' for free? Obviously you would need to time it right, on an item with no other bids..but it could be done.

For instance, back before we could email yourself stuff, I had a lvl 20 Miracle on freedom, that I wanted for an alt on Virtue. I gave it to a friend of Free, had him list it for loads, and timed my bid just right. Then he just gave me back the money after.

Assuming it does work like that..what is stopping people listing stuff at low levels (like your Posi Blast) for HUGE amounts (say 50mil) then having a friend/dual boxed alt bid on the lvl 50 version, and getting it 'upgraded' for free? Obviously you would need to time it right, on an item with no other bids..but it could be done.

For instance, back before we could email yourself stuff, I had a lvl 20 Miracle on freedom, that I wanted for an alt on Virtue. I gave it to a friend of Free, had him list it for loads, and timed my bid just right. Then he just gave me back the money after.

Well first of all, that wouldn't be free, you'd lose the 10% listing fee. Second, a winning bid will always buy the LOWEST listed item that it could buy, so you'd just end up sending 50 mil to some stranger.

I only know because someone mentioned it on the forums. However once you do know it's relatively easy to verify it yourself, pick an IO and compare the listed buyers and sellers as well as the sale history at multiple levels and they will all have the same values.

Sure it's doable. It's tricky for most recipes but doable. The question is so what? From a functional point of view it's not really any different from selling your low level IO to another player and buying a high level version of the same IO. I did that a while back, I realized I had bought the IO at the wrong level so I tossed it back on the market and posted a bid for the same IO at the level I actually wanted. I took a loss because I was in a hurry and paying Buy It Now prices but if I'd been patient I could have come out even (minus the auction fee) or even turned a profit.

Defender Smash!

I always dump everything that I'm going to sell for just 1 Inf, which means I technically lose 6 Inf. But, hey, I'm doing my part! O5khXA8.gif

Reconsider  Post them for at least what the NPC vendors pay...  5,000 for uncommon, 10,000 for rare for level 50's.  That should be your floor.

People "sweep the floors"-- they set up stacks of wentworths' bids for all uncommon's at something low, like 100-1000.  Once they have  full stack, they sell them to an NPC vendor when you get full stacks.  A lowbie can make a few million a day with minimal effort.    At extremely high levels (or when competing bidders drive up the value) you can find your time better spent elsewhere.

You're still helping the lowbie... in a way... but not the way you intend.

Now, that price won't stop the person that wants to monopolize that recipe (buy everything at 10,000, re-list them at 100,0000) but it does mean that they don't have a win-win (they won't be able to sell excess to the NPC's for profit), and at the rate these things drop, if you recover the stock that's normally lost to floor-sweeping, it takes a LOT more investment to grab everything and maintain the monopoly.

Same goes for the people that try to "help" with giving away salvage cheap .  Odds are that you're actually helping the monopolizer with your low sales.  Many resource-monopolizers have bids out for the same low stock that they're then bumping up to ridiculous levels, so by offering your stuff TOO low, you're just giving them more stuff to sell at extremely high profit margins.

If you want to help drive down costs, offer your stuff at maybe 2/3 that going price.  That's most likely too high for the monopolizer's bids to replenish their stock, so your salvage is more likely to go to someone NEEDING a bit of a bargain, and if enough people do it, that becomes the new dominant rate, leaving  the monopolizer with only two choices:  buy up ever-more-expensive salvage to sell at ever-smaller margins or pull their stock and re-list it at the lower going price.

Those are very good tips Chase!

In pretty much all things there is an interrelation between Time, Convenience (Accessibility), and Money. The faster you want something the more you have to pay! The more convenient you want it (i.e., meal delivery) the more you have to pay. You're willing to wait on something (wait for a sale) you save money. You want something exotic, you can get it with lower convenience - you have to maybe special order it or buy it from Amazon from someone who doesn't have them fulfill their sales so you have to wait and pay for conventional shipping.

Once you realize there's this triangular relationship guiding purchases both in real life and on the auction house, you can take the best approach for your needs.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I always take stuff like Slows to the AH, unless I have a character with a use for them. Just about anything but Knockback; nobody should slot for more knockback. 

Knockback is fantastic, when used properly. There's all sorts of great uses for it, just not all the time in every environment. We have way more powers than we can use by lvl 40 (and we keep getting more). A couple of situational powers with something useful like tricked out knockback and be just the thing in a pinch.

Oh, and knockback is FUN!

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn