Use Soul Storm's Animations for Gravity Controls Holds

Soul Storm, the Hold power from the Soul Mastery Villain APP, has an amazing animation that rotates the victim around helplessly in the air. Gravity Control has an uninteresting Hold animation originally created in Issue 1 that is based on Hover.

Can Gravity get access to the cooler animation? Especially in its AoE Hold?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

Soul Storm, the Hold power from the Soul Mastery Villain APP, has an amazing animation that rotates the victim around helplessly in the air. Gravity Control has an uninteresting Hold animation originally created in Issue 1 that is based on Hover.

Can Gravity get access to the cooler animation? Especially in its AoE Hold?

That animation, which was also seen in the mini promo videos, was the only reason I took that EPP.

Devs, make or happen

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Even if it's just an ALTERNATE animation available through the Costume Editor.

Where's my +billions button for this option?

I've wanted this since the beginning of time. I tried to get the CoX developers to do it when they revamped Gravity Control in i23 or i24 but no dice. That animation is one of the best in the game, and so perfect for Gravity. I'd roll more Grav trollers just to look at it.

• Like 1

It would probably be too strong. After Soul Storm wears off, the enemy falls flat on their face and has to stand back up, leaving them helpless for several seconds longer than the hold actually lasts. Not such a big deal on a strictly single-target hold on a very long recharge, but you put it on some easily spammable powers and it turns into a big buff to Gravity's control potential. They would probably need to nerf the duration of the holds to keep them in line.

Edited by Vanden
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

It would probably be too strong. After Soul Storm wears off, the enemy falls flat on their face and has to stand back up, leaving them helpless for several seconds longer than the hold actually lasts. Not such a big deal on a strictly single-target hold on a very long recharge, but you put it on some easily spammable powers and it turns into a big buff to Gravity's control potential. They would probably need to nerf the duration of the holds to keep them in line.

Or they could just not make the gravity version do a knockdown when it ends? Might look a little weird to have the targets develop catlike reflexes and always land on their feet, but... it'd be far from the weirdest thing in this game.

• Like 1

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

2 minutes ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

Or they could just not make the gravity version do a knockdown when it ends? Might look a little weird to have the targets develop catlike reflexes and always land on their feet, but... it'd be far from the weirdest thing in this game.

If that was possible, it could work. But if they're going to stitch together a whole new animation sequence, I think the animation you see the unwilling subjects of Circle of Thorns rituals using would be better. That also has the victim floating helplessly above the ground, but they don't turn upside-down, so it wouldn't be weird they always land on their feet.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

Gravity Control is a set available to Dominators and Controllers. That animation only plays if you actually successfully Hold something, and it adds around 1.5 seconds to a mezz that is already long.. 15-40 seconds depending on the circumstances. Plus, Gravity Control is full of knockdown.

The only way its overpowered is it's too much coolness for the game to handle. 😎

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

If that was possible, it could work. But if they're going to stitch together a whole new animation sequence, I think the animation you see the unwilling subjects of Circle of Thorns rituals using would be better. That also has the victim floating helplessly above the ground, but they don't turn upside-down, so it wouldn't be weird they always land on their feet.

The Seers in one of the Praetoria zones (the one with the Seed of Hamidon)  do this as well. Honestly I'd vote to have Telekinses remove the repel effect and merely hold the target in place after X distance rather than perpetually floating away. However that animation might look more like Darth Vader's choke.

Edited by Nayeh