Yellow Salvage Prices

Herotu

One side effect of converters I haven't seen mentioned is how Serendipity prices are artificially high as people vie for them in order to make LotG IOs.  The price of those Luck of the Gambler's would definitely be higher with a depleted supply, but what would normally be a really cheap IO set for a newer player is quite expensive.  In fact all defense IO sets are quite expensive.  Obviously expensive is relative.   

As for flippers, if you plan ahead and put your own variable lowball bids on most IO sets, they'll fill eventually.  Extra ones you pick up you can flip yourself at a modest profit or tuck away in your SG base.  Heck, I might even supply one of my own forgotten bids as I generally list converted IOs at low prices(every once in a while I'll buy a bunch of cheap recipes on my main, convert and list).  

I spent a couple of weeks concentrating on making money, and I continually put in  bids for various IO sets at lowball prices in order to stock my base with attuned IOs.  The little converting I do now simply restocks my base.  And I still have a couple of billion influence between all of my characters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

One side effect of converters I haven't seen mentioned is how Serendipity prices are artificially high as people vie for them in order to make LotG IOs.  The price of those Luck of the Gambler's would definitely be higher with a depleted supply, but what would normally be a really cheap IO set for a newer player is quite expensive.  In fact all defense IO sets are quite expensive.  Obviously expensive is relative.   

By the same token, it means that several otherwise worthless uncommon recipes now have a higher selling value when crafted, even without needing to convert them. The chance of picking up an LOTG is low but the chance of picking up any defence set is higher, so the new system puts random loot more on the player's side.

I can be fairly confident that every yellow recipe I pick up will net me at least 1.5mil unless the roulette hates me. It's more or less my main income and it's plenty for me. Being able to reliably profit from playing just about anything is excellent.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lines said:

I can be fairly confident that every yellow recipe I pick up will net me at least 1.5mil unless the roulette hates me. It's more or less my main income and it's plenty for me. Being able to reliably profit from playing just about anything is excellent.

Yes.  I get disappointed when I see an orange recipe drop, but yellow is ca-ching!

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

5 hours ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

As for flippers, if you plan ahead and put your own variable lowball bids on most IO sets, they'll fill eventually.  Extra ones you pick up you can flip yourself at a modest profit or tuck away in your SG base.  Heck, I might even supply one of my own forgotten bids as I generally list converted IOs at low prices(every once in a while I'll buy a bunch of cheap recipes on my main, convert and list).  

I spent a couple of weeks concentrating on making money, and I continually put in  bids for various IO sets at lowball prices in order to stock my base with attuned IOs.  The little converting I do now simply restocks my base.  And I still have a couple of billion influence between all of my characters.

I do not need a ton, hmmmm, weird economy, billions and billions laying around.  I love TFs, even Posi 1, 2, Synapse.  So, I have merits ---> converters.  I buy unwanted yellow recipes at lower levels that require no rare salvage to craft.  craft ---> convert ---> sell.  When I started I did an hour or two at a time, found that irritating.  Now I keep everything ready and when waiting for a team/TF to start I start "knitting" Sometimes I get 5 done, other times 20.  20 nets a little over a 100 mil currently,

I am sure of a few things in life.  1) I am happy with my current CoH experience, 2) somebody will look at this post and decide a great way to grief someone is to buy yellow recipes and burn them in a bin. 3) I don't care, my toons are currently kitted out and I am not planning on new toons for a while 4) Someone smarter than me will show me how to generate inf easily the next time I need it, because we have more cool peeps than griefers in the Cities. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lines said:

By the same token, it means that several otherwise worthless uncommon recipes now have a higher selling value when crafted, even without needing to convert them. The chance of picking up an LOTG is low but the chance of picking up any defence set is higher, so the new system puts random loot more on the player's side.

No one ever talks about sale prices, though.  This was true on the old forums.  People only ever complain about how expensive things are to buy, they're never happy about how much their drops sell for,  The economy on HC treats low level characters so well, now, what with low-level recipes being more profitable to craft and attuned IOs costing no more than regular ones.  Unless lots of people are turning off all drops, PLing to 50 and then expecting to be able to outfit a character with thin air?  Who knows.

• Thanks 4

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

4 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

No one ever talks about sale prices, though.  This was true on the old forums.  People only ever complain about how expensive things are to buy, they're never happy about how much their drops sell for,  The economy on HC treats low level characters so well, now, what with low-level recipes being more profitable to craft and attuned IOs costing no more than regular ones.  Unless lots of people are turning off all drops, PLing to 50 and then expecting to be able to outfit a character with thin air?  Who knows.

Live was pretty different. I was around a lot less often on live, with significantly less time in my life to play. I wasn't very clued in to the market, but even trying to muscle it out I couldn't make much headway at all towards a build. Toward sunset the game economy was too impregnable to be worth the time, so I stopped.

The lower point of entry thanks to converters flips that entirely for me. If I had to farm a build out or play the market like on live, I'd have stopped bothering by now. 

I'm also amazed to see an MMO economy stay practically stable for so long. Even this blip with yellow salvage isn't capable of getting out of hand.

13 hours ago, MTeague said:

As long as it's an actual player created story with an actual plot, and not "look more mobs that only do fire damage!"

If I could ask for ANY ONE change to AE search console, it would be the ability to find mission that do NOT contain the word "Farm" in either the title or the description.

Does the AE search function not contain a - or not operator? I don't know as I've ever checked, and it seems like it should.

14 hours ago, MTeague said:

As long as it's an actual player created story with an actual plot, and not "look more mobs that only do fire damage!"

If I could ask for ANY ONE change to AE search console, it would be the ability to find mission that do NOT contain the word "Farm" in either the title or the description.

You can try these tags:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission_Architect_Tags

I'm out.

I feel the need to quote myself here from another thread:

@MunkiLord just did pretty much the same thing in the CoH world, in this very thread.

The point, my friends, with all of this "concern" and "worry" about "cancers" is this. There are NO cancers in this game. This is a game. There is no cancer. Cancer is a real world thing with horrible real world implications.

If anyone doesn't want to read that whole "Internet Drama and You" page, here's my executive summary of "Wade Wilson"'s brilliant dissertation, a copypasta just for you:

1. Have Perspective
    1. You do not live in Darfur.
    2. Your genitals are not ritually mutilated for religious or cultural reasons.
    3. You have access to food.
  2. Don't Be Passive Aggressive
    1. Try to be honest, rather than disingenuous.
    2. Realize that if multiple people are all telling you the same thing - it's not likely that THEY are all "wrong", and YOU are the ONLY one that's "right".
    3. When you are wrong, ADMIT that you are wrong, without being "cute" about it.
  3. Pretendy Fun Time Games
    1. Pretendy Fun Time Games
    2. Pretendy Fun Time Games
    3. If you're not having fun, or something is bothering you enough about the game or any aspect of it to write a negative dissertation about it, then you're the problem. Because it's a GAME. Where you PRETEND, and theoretically HAVE FUN. The point of a game is to have fun, so if you're not having fun, then you're missing the point of playing a game. Not having fun is the only REAL way to "lose" a game.
    4. Pretendy Fun Time Games
    5. PRETENDY F@#<ING FUN TIME GAMES. THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD NOT BE SERIOUS.

The brilliance of that page was how it took these points one by one and broke them down even further, using some great examples ("Farnokk The Thrusting" comes to mind). And that's why I link to it all the time.

But the whole point of the thing isn't JUST to dismiss people's concerns (though it does that, to a degree). It's to put them into perspective. This is not life or death, this is a game. Report issues that slightly bother you, sure, to make the game better and more fun for all, but then... STOP. Let it go, and move on with your life. If it's a real problem, it will be looked into. If it's not, then it's just a minor annoyance that, due to some idiosyncrasy within yourself, bothers you WAY more than it bothers the main bulk of the playerbase. For my own personal example, it bugs me whenever people ask for "teh healz0rz", or gripe against Knockback. But, you have to take a deep breath, let it go, and move on with your life. Don't let your past-time ruin your life, or cause you to turn into an unpleasant person that tries to ruin others' lives. It's just not worth it.

The moment that your past-time is starting to interfere with the rest of your life, or the lives of others - it's time to get a new past-time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
I'm out.

1 hour ago, Obus Form said:

@The Philotic Knight thanks for not being ni miserly with your accumulated life wisdom.  +1 internet

This will never not be funny. Carry on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

This will never not be funny. Carry on.

Agree.  

Separately, and sincerely I appreciate @The Philotic Knightnugget of wisdom.  The true value of that post, to have a macro understanding of one's life situation in order to realize the significance of what one is feeling, is worth more than anything.  In effect, it calms the mind.  😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

Agree.  

Separately, and sincerely I appreciate @The Philotic Knightnugget of wisdom.  The true value of that post, to have a macro understanding of one's life situation in order to realize the significance of what one is feeling, is worth more than anything.  In effect, it calms the mind.  😃

To carry on the topic of the OP and my own wisdom recognizing other wisdom:

Calm mind --> Clear thoughts --> Diligence + Economics + Statistical understanding of /AH --> Noticed yellow salvage prices trending higher --> Flippers are ni misers cancerfying the game economy via inflatiom --> I'm going to become a farmer now --> City Of Altruism

Edited by Obus Form
Yellow salvage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

To carry on the topic of the OP and my own wisdom recognizing other wisdom:

Calm mind --> Clear thoughts --> Diligence + Economics + Statistical understanding of /AH --> Noticed yellow salvage prices trending higher --> Flippers are ni misers cancerfying the game economy via inflatiom --> I'm going to become a farmer now --> City Of Altruism

You forgot to mention adding inf to the system via farming v. destroying inf via trading.

Who run Bartertown?

9 hours ago, Lines said:

Live was pretty different. I was around a lot less often on live, with significantly less time in my life to play. I wasn't very clued in to the market, but even trying to muscle it out I couldn't make much headway at all towards a build. Toward sunset the game economy was too impregnable to be worth the time, so I stopped.

This has just reminded me of the way I made a lot of money on live, which was crafting and selling basic IOs.  It's the one thing that works much less well here, I guess because of the free attuning means people slot sets at lower levels.  Double XP weekends were enormous fun.  I used to spend the whole weekend running from the base to WW, crafting and stocking.  Does that still count as evil profiteering if I put a sufficiently colossal markup on them?

• Like 2

Regeneratio delenda est!

38 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

This has just reminded me of the way I made a lot of money on live, which was crafting and selling basic IOs.  It's the one thing that works much less well here, I guess because of the free attuning means people slot sets at lower levels.  Double XP weekends were enormous fun.  I used to spend the whole weekend running from the base to WW, crafting and stocking.  Does that still count as evil profiteering if I put a sufficiently colossal markup on them?

It would, but you said evil instead of ebil. So you get demerits and shame for that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

It would, but you said evil instead of ebil. So you get demerits and shame for that. 

I don't think the earthy toil of crafting commons could ever dare lay claim the superior label of true ebil.  The most it can aspire to is ordinary garden-variety evil.

• Haha 1

Regeneratio delenda est!

Needed 50 yellow salvage for early morning crafting. 50k a pop still filled slowly while i crafted

congratulations flippers.  Enjoy the tons ...epic mountainloads... of stacks of infamy.  Huge.  Stare at it in awe. The joy the sweet sweet smell of success

seriously, this is how you make money?  Really?

because i was crafting 50 recipes to convert and make about 250 mil approx off of.  An hour so and kind of a pain

is all this flipping just bot addons so a player spends no time investment, gets inf, and has the added joy of being annoying?

Edited by Snarky