The Guide to Issues aka "When did they add/change that?"

Trickshooter

On 8/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, Robotech_Master said:

Things I'd like to see added:

• When were Paragon Dance Party and Pocket D first added?
  • When were the two transit lines merged to one?

I can't really find definitive dates for when the Paragon Dance Party was added. Pocket D was added late in Issue 6, I think. I see a patch note saying it was added to the zone search in Issue 7, so it was either 6 or 7. If someone knows for sure, I'll add it.

The monorail merger is already on the list. It was in Issue 19.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

• 2 weeks later

I remember Auras and The Hollows coming to the game so I must have joined in Issue 1 (before they were a thing).  I remember powerset customization, super sidekicking and walk but don't remember Posi split in 2 or epics at 20 instead of 50 so I must have left in Issue 16.

Is there a list of dates for these?  I would like to narrow down my dates of play.  If it is somewhere on the post I apologize...my old eyes are squinty today.  Thanks for this great list to take me down memory lane!

Edited by EmmySky

From https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Issues

Issue Number Issue Title Release Date
Original Release   Wednesday, April 28, 2004 (a.k.a. Issue 0)
Issue 1 Through the Looking Glass Tuesday, June 29, 2004 (62 days later)
Issue 2 A Shadow of the Past Thursday, September 16, 2004 (79 days later)
Issue 3 A Council of War Tuesday, January 4, 2005 (110 days later)
Issue 4 Colosseum Wednesday, May 4, 2005 (120 days later)
Issue 5 Forest of Dread Wednesday, August 31, 2005 (119 days later)
Issue 6 Along Came a Spider Thursday, October 27, 2005 (57 days later) (jointly released with City of Villains)
Issue 7 Destiny Manifest Tuesday, June 6, 2006 (222 days later)
Issue 8 To Protect and Serve Tuesday, November 28, 2006 (175 days later)
Issue 9 Breakthrough Tuesday, May 1, 2007 (154 days later)
Issue 10 Invasion Tuesday, July 24, 2007 (84 days later)
Issue 11 A Stitch in Time Wednesday, November 28, 2007 (123 days later)
Issue 12 Midnight Hour Tuesday, May 20, 2008 (174 days later)
Issue 13 Power and Responsibility Tuesday, December 2, 2008 (196 days later)
Issue 14 Architect Wednesday, April 8, 2009 (127 days later) (jointly released with Architect Edition)
Issue 15 Anniversary Monday, June 29, 2009 (82 days later)
Issue 16 Power Spectrum Tuesday, September 15, 2009 (78 days later)
Issue 17 Dark Mirror Wednesday, April 28, 2010 (225 days later)
Issue 18 Shades of Gray Monday, August 16, 2010 (110 days later) (jointly released with Going Rogue)
Issue 19 Alpha Strike Tuesday, November 30, 2010 (106 days later)
Issue 19.5 Strike Pack Tuesday, February 1, 2011 (63 days later)
Issue 20 Incarnates Tuesday, April 5, 2011 (63 days later, or 126 days from the previous full issue)
Issue 20.5 Incarnates Ascend Tuesday, June 28, 2011 (84 days later)
Issue 21 Convergence Tuesday, September 13, 2011 (77 days later, or 161 days from the previous full issue) (jointly released with City of Heroes Freedom)
Issue 21.5 Media Blitz Tuesday, December 6, 2011 (85 days later)
Issue 22 Death Incarnate Tuesday, March 6, 2012 (91 days later, or 176 days from the previous full issue)
Issue 23 Where Shadows Lie Thursday, May 31, 2012 (87 days later)
Issue 24 Resurgence Not released to the live servers due to the game's shutdown on Friday, November 30, 2012
Edited by Mister Mass
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 4 weeks later
On 6/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, Trickshooter said:

Weird, the patch note specifically called out that they were added to Hazard and Trial zones. I will change the post to say "most zones."

There isn't a hospital per se in Boomtown, but there is a MASH tent there, just like in The Hollows. You rez at the tent if you die.

• 1 month later

Thanks for this list I can now get close to when I joined (2007) I then had the happiest 5 years of my playing life😁 Met so many good people on Defiant (my home server) I'm now in the late '60s and didn't think I'd be back playing the best game (in my opinion) ever.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ex Defiant and proud Norfolk OldBor

• 1 month later

Wind control! I'd love to see that! Been adoring the water control set/s.

I thought I had started around issues 3, maybe issue 5 in the Hey Day... but I remember the Hollows opening and running around them brand new and capes and auras being a big deal (and how anticipated wings were... oh see the birds now? They're practicing wing animations for heroes soon)- I'm older than I thought.

• Like 1

Wow!! I didn't realize how much effort they put into this game!  I remember when I started, I had to be convinced to play.  I thought it was a really dumb concept but when I first logged in...I was hooked and proven totally wrong.  It became my favorite game, possibly of all time!  It is my wife's favorite game as well.  I cant believe this exists!!  I started the month it launched (a navy friend in Hawaii eventually convinced me to play) all the way till around update 21.  So, I am really looking forward to what is new....it has been so long so much of it will be new again....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Does anyone know when exactly Kora Fruit were downgraded to give level 2 instead of level 3 inspirations? I know it happened alongside or immediately prior to the addition of inspiration storage to SG bases, but I can't remember if bases launched with Storage in I6 or if it was added later.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, Vanden said:

Does anyone know when exactly Kora Fruit were downgraded to give level 2 instead of level 3 inspirations? I know it happened alongside or immediately prior to the addition of inspiration storage to SG bases, but I can't remember if bases launched with Storage in I6 or if it was added later.

Kora Fruit was downgraded with the last patch before the launch of Issue 7: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2006-04-11#City_Zones

Inspiration storage was added with Issue 7: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2006-06-06#Bases

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

• 5 months later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 2 months later
  • 2 months later
  • 3 years later

In issue 0, the entire power set of Martial Arts had completely different animations than it does now. (I wonder where those old, now unused animations are in CoX now?) 

I do not recall exactly what Thunder Kick's original animation was at this moment. 

I recall Storm Kick having a pose (kamae/gamae of sorts), throw 3 kicks, and pose again and that was the end of just Storm Kick. I'll never forget this, because it was Storm Kick's entire animation time and inability to run from mobs would cause me to accrue debt early on. 

Crane Kick had start up animation, but what I do not recall. 

Dragon's Tail had a start-up animation of rising up to do a somersault, then came the PBAoE sweep kick. 

I want to say by Issue 2, there was a complete revamp, but I don't recall exactly when that was done.

And when was Eagle's Claw power reduced from Superior to High damage? 

Edited by jordontek
spelling

I wonder if this is the right place to ask but I can't find a better place: When did they add the "show last objective" location and/or the last mob group? I don't remember seeing that on the NCsoft servers - but that vision is hazy ...

1 hour ago, Adurias said:

I wonder if this is the right place to ask but I can't find a better place: When did they add the "show last objective" location and/or the last mob group? I don't remember seeing that on the NCsoft servers - but that vision is hazy ...

That was on the live servers.  I want to say around Issue 12 or 13?

• 2 months later

So, I saw this just today. Ordinarily, I have a few characters that I didn't enjoy playing so much reserved for crafting and such, because my more active characters will tend to have their loot just dropped off, rather than deal with it. In any event, one of my characters that I had stashed at various day jobs sees this: 

image.png.8a536dc6e944c4ab1ebe56504d32096d.png

No, not boasting about a purple drop - wondering about this "use discount option" 
What I don't know is how many discount coupons I have, nor how I got them in the first place. 
I thought Wentworth's, but that day job gives brainstorm ideas. So, unless it's giving them both - I've no idea. 

I did a search and came up dry. 

What patch notes carry this information? 

8 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, I saw this just today. Ordinarily, I have a few characters that I didn't enjoy playing so much reserved for crafting and such, because my more active characters will tend to have their loot just dropped off, rather than deal with it. In any event, one of my characters that I had stashed at various day jobs sees this: 

image.png.8a536dc6e944c4ab1ebe56504d32096d.png

No, not boasting about a purple drop - wondering about this "use discount option" 
What I don't know is how many discount coupons I have, nor how I got them in the first place. 
I thought Wentworth's, but that day job gives brainstorm ideas. So, unless it's giving them both - I've no idea. 

I did a search and came up dry. 

What patch notes carry this information? 

How many coupons you have is in special salvage, and as Hedgefund mentions, dayjob at auction house

invent_discount.jpg

Edited by lemming
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks.
I'm getting a little queasy; thinking about what must be over 100K enhancements crafted...and I could have been getting a 25% crafting discount. 

Granted, it's not really a big deal. I've got characters with those badges, but only certain characters craft. I only saw these discount coupons by chance. 
I just never paid attention to the perks of those day jobs, because, well, so often they're meaningless. Like "Out of combat end recovery". Like, who cares about that? I don't need end recovery when I'm out of combat. (although, back on retail, I did run out of end trying to tp across Indy port - perhaps I could have used it then.) 

I'm more shocked and embarrassed about not knowing about it than anything else. I mean, I market a lot. I craft hundreds of enhancements a day. I should have known. 

13 hours ago, Ukase said:

I'm more shocked and embarrassed about not knowing about it than anything else. I mean, I market a lot. I craft hundreds of enhancements a day. I should have known. 

Eh, I had to check my main badger to find coupons (probably because I don't park that often in an auction area) and 10 discounts would only account for ~750k or so.   I don't think you've lost out on that much.

Looks like 10 is the maximum amount of discounts and just one per 24 hours collected.   So, to maximize the return may take more busy work than most people would want to.

• 1 month later

So, the ol' obtuse Ukase rears his head again with the question about alignment tip missions. 
I monitor help fairly often to try and be helpful, and today I was one of those whom I often refer to as "Well-intentioned idiots". I was the idiot! Ugh!

When did mobs below level 20 start to drop alignment tip missions? 

If you're exemping in a mission fighting even (or higher) cons tips can drop.  If you're aoeing mercy or atlas mobs those don't drop tips.  In the open world they need to be at least 20.  This was the case on day 1 of Going Rogue when tips and alignment were introduced.