Have any odd in-game habits?

RikOz

When I slot enhancements, I have to have them all aligned. For example, let's say I have two powers each with the same 6 procs...If I put one of those enhancements in the 5th slot, I have to put the same enhancement in the other power's 5th slot. I have even used Unslotters to fix my mistake.

• Like 4

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

6 minutes ago, Bopper said:

When I slot enhancements, I have to have them all aligned. For example, let's say I have two powers each with the same 6 procs...If I put one of those enhancements in the 5th slot, I have to put the same enhancement in the other power's 5th slot. I have even used Unslotters to fix my mistake.

Same: this is especially true where I have multiples of the same set, like LotG or Aegis.  The slots have to line up or it drives me nuts.

• Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 5/1/2020 at 6:31 PM, Myrmidon said:

I use the base porter (or Cosmic Portal) to head to Echo: Galaxy City, team to Ouroboros, then pick up the badge and day job before playing a character.

When I go to Echo:GC, I always go to get all the badges and exploration plaque before I take the tram to Ouroboros.   

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 minute ago, Rathulfr said:

Same: this is especially true where I have multiples of the same set, like LotG or Aegis.  The slots have to line up or it drives me nuts.

As I'm respecing right now, I am literally gnashing my teeth over the fact I overlooked one that is now misaligned and I am fighting everything in my power not to unslot it. I feel the blood racing through my veins as I think about it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I have this overwhelming urge to run along the top of walls and fences.  I picked up the habit in another MMO where fence-running is actually a seasonal activity.  When I suddenly discovered my tough-as-nails 40s era private eye skipping merrily along the top of a plank fence in King's Row, I realized I had a problem.

I also just... don't... CARE about IOs, let alone set bonuses.  Crazy, huh?

20 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

When I go to Echo:GC, I always go to get all the badges and exploration plaque before I take the tram to Ouroboros.   

Go to Echo:Galaxy City, get all the badges and plaques, go to the tram, go to Echo:Atlas Park, get all the badges, then go to Ouroboros.

And just as a bit of trivia, there are two separate plaques that are in Paragon City twice. One is the plaque under the statue of Atlas in both Atlas Park and Echo:Atlas Park; the other is plaque 5 for the Just Said No to Superadine badge, on the wall of a building north of Yin's Market in Faultline and on a marker stone adjacent to a building in the same location in Echo:Faultline.

No plants in the base.  Freaking DE infiltrators.

I have a spreadsheet just to track Dayjob progress. (Which might need a bit of expansion to include maxing out the temp powers thereof...)

The spreadsheet is probably the only reason I haven't sorted my alts since the way the spreadsheet is setup makes sorting a pain...  We might need to go to a DB...

Crossing Steel Canyon, I almost always play the floor is lava.  (Mostly with SuperJump, but ninja run works)

Enhancements are slotted in order of Acc/Dam/other for attacks, Toggles get End Red/other

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, Myrmidon said:

I use the base porter (or Cosmic Portal) to head to Echo: Galaxy City, team to Ouroboros, then pick up the badge and day job before playing a character.

This is what I do too, but after getting the o-port in Ouro, I'd go to Talos.  Then grab House Hunter in Night Ward via TUNNEL and exiting back to Atlas and park the new alt in City Hall for the day job.

Prior to that, I'd jump jet/steam jump to get Top Dog and click on the 1st plaque for the Atlas Medallion.

Though sometimes, when I do get around to playing said alt but not liking the powersets, they get deleted/rerolled. 😝

• Like 1

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

I have several as I'm sure we all do if we play long enough.  My never break rule is no toon out of the gate without a biography.  I have to know who I'm playing, even if its a throw away character created just to try new powers.  They all deserve a story.  Other things, when super jumping I always bounce along roof tops, monorails, etc..., never the road unless there is nothing there.  I have rotating banter binds on some but not all, 75 on one in particular.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemming said:

Crossing Steel Canyon, I almost always play the floor is lava.  (Mostly with SuperJump, but ninja run works)

This gave me a flashback to when I was like 4 years old & the 60's Batman show (in primetime twice a week - Same Bat Time!  Same Bat Channel!) was the favorite show of my older brother Mark & I.  We would attach towels around our necks, secured by safety pins, & bounce around the furniture of  the house playing that the floor was lava - until Mom would yell at us to stop.  My brother's towel was blue because he was Batman! (since he was older) while mine was yellow for Robin.  We would put the safety pins in our mouths & use them as Bat-rebreathers when we pretended that the villains had tried to gas us.  Good times! 😎

I may be the only person alive who ever idolized Robin growing up.  Comics creators added kid sidekicks so that children would have someone near their own age to identify with, in addition to the adult hero.  But let's face it, almost every kid identified with the adult hero instead.  Except me - I was perfectly happy to play Robin.  Holy hand grenades Batman! 😁

In a sense, when playing CoH, we are all empowering our inner 4 yo to play hero again.  I'm okay with that. 👍

• Like 3

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

I'm curbing my original-game habit a little, but in the open, my flyers run, take a leap then kick in the flight at the top of the leap.  I do this both at ground level and off tall buildings.  For the latter, I leap off the building's side, and let the flyer drop a bit below the level before kicking in flight.    I think I developed the ground routine because 15 years ago, when I started, I still remembered The Greatest American Hero show, and how Ralph always struggled to get airborne.  Off the buildings, though, that came about when I remembered watching video of jets dipping below the runway level before gaining altitude as they left aircraft carriers.

When approaching the “box paths” in the office maps, and someone in front of me goes one direction, I’ll go the other (aka I “herring bone” it).  Same thing with vators. If you take left, I’ll go right. I also park toons on the WW roofs a lot, but mainly bc I like the auction house TP power and to acquire/recharge it. I turn off showy toggles when training, because I want the trainer to “see” me.

And finally: back in the day, when running Frostfire was more common, I’d make an announcement at the beginning using some exorbitant number of how many times I’d run the mish. Example: “This is my 1,347th FF mish.” Thinking of doing that with Synapse now.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, RialVestro said:

I always go right on missions. Doesn't matter what the map is whenever I come to a point where the path splits I always go to the right.

Though this actually does effect game play on teams. This is usually why teams split. Most of the time you get people who just follow the tank and stay together. But every once in while especially if there are 2 or more tanks and people aren't sure who to follow... I'll go right the other tank will go left and then we all die. 

But solo this has no effect on game play. No matter which way you go you'll eventually end up in the same place. And I'm not really sure why I do that... like even if I see a mob directly in front of me they're down a different hall way so I'll ignore them and turn right.

Only time I don't do this is on outdoor maps in which case I'll just run straight in one direction till I target something and keep moving forward in whatever direction I'm facing till I find another enemy or hit the edge of the map. Then I'll turn around and go the other way continuing in this pattern till the mission is done. Probably not the most efficient way to do those maps but it works.

I much the same way. Not in the specifics (I always go left in Oranbega and blue caves, not so much on other map types), but in the general idea that I have a particular approach and method to my madness. It's part of why I rarely team or participate in group content. I do things the way I do them, because it makes sense to me, and when you add in more people it just confuses the hell out of me because I can't synchronize my "makes sense" with other people's "makes sense".

EDIT: On outdoor maps, I tend to locate the perimeter first. I have a hard time making a mental map if I don't know where the edges are.

Edited by RikOz

Interesting thread, and it's good know I'm not alone in some of my weirdness.  Heh. 

I sort my characters by level, and within the level by AT (damage/control/support).  Since reading a post in the forums about people upset that they don't see anyone in Wentworth's, I make it a point of going there (unless I am just dumping salvage between missions or only need one little thing).  I have specific places to log out for day jobs and do it on every toon (on top of the tram, on top of WWs, on top of a tomb in the cemetery, off to the side of the vators in the hosp, and etc.). 

If I am soloing, I will swim across water to distant mish doors rather than fly.  I just love the look of my toons swimming, especially those with pets (so cute to see my demons or beasts swimming along!).  Or I'll use my hoverboard (I love that thing!) and fly low, at street level, sticking to streets until I get there. 

After I get all the badges and plaques in a zone, I use Reveal to clear the fog of war; this let's me know immediately upon zoning that I have "done" that zone.

Talos is my favorite zone for some reason that's not entirely clear to me, so if there's a dayjob available there, that's where I always go.