Have any odd in-game habits?

RikOz

Who has little in-game habits? Things you always, or almost always do, that have no effect whatsoever on gameplay? And you don't really know why you do it?

Mine: Upon mission completion, I almost never immediately click the "Exit" button. I first step into a nearby open space, then click. That last hostage/glowie is tucked away in a side office or other little nook, and that's where I am when the mission completes? Step out into the hallway before clicking Exit.

What's yours?

Even though it really doesn't matter, I tend to "park" my characters kind of off to the side or otherwise out of the way, in whatever area I've decided to leave them in, (like not blocking doors or in the middle to a walkway, etc).

• Like 9

I have a 'designated' spot I log out in most locations.  If I log out at a train station, it's always on the 'porch', on the opposite end from where people arriving come out.  In RWZ, it's a certain location in the Vanguard base (not far from the base portal, right next to an unimportant NPC named Private Hennessy).  And so on.

• Like 1

Everlasting: Charredcore-Head.gif.295932ce0b7f285ede7cd6f7baa92107.gif Charredcore (Sonic/Fire Blaster) Fleabitten-Head.gif.b2329ba8bd4533efc403330511a55b3e.gifFleabitten (Savage/SR Brute)  And many, many more!

I always park new characters (and old) with day jobs in mind. Even character's I'm not currently playing/taking a break from I'll log into just to move jay jobs.

Day_jobs_hoarder.JPG.eea3c96197f5f0e00706b40fca0c9682.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 hours ago, Replacement said:

Almost always set my window colors to match my character, even though I typically don't change my chat colors for everyone else.  

I do that, too. Window colors MUST match the color scheme of the character or it just bugs the heck out of me. 

Also, when I'm slotting enhancements in a power... Any specials or procs MUST be in the first slot. Then singles, doubles, triples or quads in that order. I'm not so picky about rather the Acc/Damage or the Damage/Rech comes before the Rech/End or whatever... But they all have to come before the Acc/Dam/End. 

I'm not sure WHY I do it that way... But I have for as long as the IO sets have existed.

Also, while it's not something I do with any of my gang currently... Back-in-the-day I had a few characters that I insisted on parking in particular spots when I logged them. Palrah was always in the Vanguard base near Lady Grey... Chanter was always in the Grandville tower with G-Dub... and both Kestrel and the player-character version of Cardinal had to be across the room with Scir. That was just where they belonged, and so by the game gods that's where I was going to leave them when they were "off duty". XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Whenever there is a tree with a low fork I jump/fly between the two trunks (usually).  I also slot alphabetically and numerically.  I may be slightly obsessive compulsive but its NOT a disorder....it is the epitome of order!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

If that's weird, then I must be SUPER weird, Oubli.

. . . like, ok.  Maybe I'm already super weird.  Therefore I must be . . . Maximum Over-Weird?

Maximum Weird Overdrive?

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

33 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Also, while it's not something I do with any of my gang currently... Back-in-the-day I had a few characters that I insisted on parking in particular spots when I logged them. Palrah was always in the Vanguard base near Lady Grey... Chanter was always in the Grandville tower with G-Dub... and both Kestrel and the player-character version of Cardinal had to be across the room with Scir. That was just where they belonged, and so by the game gods that's where I was going to leave them when they were "off duty". XD

The one problem with day jobs. I miss finding melodramatic perches to log off at.

I also really wish emotes persisted through log out. I used to work real hard to casually sit with my legs hanging off of a water tower only to log back in standing awkwardly half off a ledge.

• Like 2

I fly into power lines. All the time. No idea why I do it, and I wish I would stop. 

I also move away from anyone, NPCs and other players, when I call a contact, as though I were trying to get privacy. No one can actually hear my call, and no one even has any idea I'm making it. But still, I fly a few yards up or run a few yards away so I can make my call in 'private'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's probably not weird, since it's technically useful. But I hate being full on salvage, so I always burn what I have by buying every Base Empowerment Buff I can, even if I don't need it (resistance buffs aren't helping my granite tank). I tend to do this before I log off, that way I have room for more salvage next time I log in, and I'll be buffed and ready to go with whatever I decide to do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Not really odd as such but I arrange my powers in pretty much the same way in the powertrays for every character. Barring the odd exception like a mastermind this makes swapping between alts much easier. Travel powers, toggles, single target attacks and aoes all have designated places. I use keybinds on the numpad to fire things off using modifers for different trays so I always know that shift+0 toggles my travel power regardless of the character for example.

Oh and if enhacements are not in set order in a power it drives me nuts even though it makes absolutely no difference and you only see it if you go looking. Any odd procs go to the right and anyone who says otherwise is wrong ;). Also am I alone in being a bit annoyed that purples don't have the attuned border? I use attuned enhancements almost exclusively and having the purple sets look different is untidy to my eyes. I'd never considered myself to be ocd but reading this back I'm starting to wonder!

Edited by parabola
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

When super jumping I like to bounce along the monorail lines but not the power lines. I love small ledges. I hate bouncing off water. It feels "unrealistic" unlike everything else to do with super jump! 🙂

Sometimes, if the path I jump doesn't feel realistic, I feel this annoying urgency to go back to where I started and re-route it for official canon purposes.

Sometimes, I successfully fight that urge.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It doesn't matter what character I am on, if I am passing through Talos, and I see a Yellow Ink Man, I punch it in the head. This goes all the way back to my first character I ever played on live. He was an invul tank, and I didn't understand that I needed my status resist yet, and I had to fight Tsoo missions and kept getting slept.. So yeah....I still hate Yellow Ink Men.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

If I am running on a street, I stay in the right lane.  This includes not cutting corners at intersections.  If I come up behind a car, I jump it carefully in order to not disrupt them.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

49 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

If I am running on a street, I stay in the right lane.  This includes not cutting corners at intersections.  If I come up behind a car, I jump it carefully in order to not disrupt them.

In a similar vein, I always attempt to jump on top of cars and surf the streets on them.

It never works, but I try every time.

• Haha 1

I have to have all my inspirations lined up by color (all the reds in the same column for example) with the big ones on the bottom, the medium ones on top of those and any small on top.  Break frees and revives go in the Green columns and oranges are either discarded or put with the purples. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, parabola said:

Not really odd as such but I arrange my powers in pretty much the same way in the powertrays for every character. Barring the odd exception like a mastermind this makes swapping between alts much easier. Travel powers, toggles, single target attacks and aoes all have designated places. I use keybinds on the numpad to fire things off using modifers for different trays so I always know that shift+0 toggles my travel power regardless of the character for example.

Oh and if enhacements are not in set order in a power it drives me nuts even though it makes absolutely no difference and you only see it if you go looking. Any odd procs go to the right and anyone who says otherwise is wrong ;). Also am I alone in being a bit annoyed that purples don't have the attuned border? I use attuned enhancements almost exclusively and having the purple sets look different is untidy to my eyes. I'd never considered myself to be ocd but reading this back I'm starting to wonder!

I do this with the powers, helped that a lot of my binds are now default for even new characters.

I always have sprint bound to H 

Travel power is G.

Self heal is always alt 1 and debuffs are alt 2 and 3

The Ctrl keys are for AoE controls and end recovery/regen powers.

I don’t use numbers 6-10 on any bar. I convert them to Q-T. So my 3 main hotbars go 1-5 then Q-T, with alt and ctrl variants. (developed mainly after I played a Dominator and needed more binds.. and it went on to all my characters).

Ctrl+Q-T has become where my incarnate powers live. 
Alt+W is always my group buff, like Fade or AM.

Anyway you guys get the idea. The advantage to this is the binds are similar for each character. The disadvantage is if you do get a weird character with strange powers it can break the system and send you crazy! Still working out how to slot MM powers into this matrix.

Oh and finally, I bind F6-F12 to my favourite emotes for that character, since you only need F1-5 for inspirations. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone