1 minute ago, tidge said:

How about Rick Dee?

It's Rick Dees, plural.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Rikti know you hate it when they attack, that's why they still do it. Use reverse psychology, give them a hug. 

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 5/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Did you try waiting it out in a train station, store, police HQ, hospital, university or Icon?  Those Rikti do not seem to like going indoors.

You don't even have to go indoors, you can duck under overpasses, buildings with large overhangs, etc. You just have to be 'under cover' not necessarily indoors.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:42 AM, ArchVileTerror said:

When is Debt -ever- a worry?  The real punishment from Defeat is falling over and having to wait for the damn, bloody animation to get over with before being able to move again.  And unintended Hospital visits, if you don't have some workaround for that part.

Debt is ALWAYS a worry. It slows down your leveling process. Even for a 50, unless you're all t-4'd out. I'm one of THOSE guys that takes the game too seriously sometimes. I loathe defeat and try very hard to make my characters as survivable as they can be and still have higher than average dps. 

One fun side effect of the Rikti invasions this past week - our group failed a Master of Ms. Liberty Task Force attempt.  For the mission in Peregrine Island, everyone zoned into the Portal Corps lawn, heading to the building with the portal to the mission.  Except we zoned in just as a Rikti Invasion was rolling & found ourselves right in the middle of a league fighting about a bazillion Rikti.  Most of us laughed at the bad timing, but one team member got zapped by the drop ship before he could get under cover.  MoMLTF - FAILED! 😲

We disbanded, reformed, & restarted & got the badge easily.  All in a day's work heroes. 😎

• Sad 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

18 hours ago, Ukase said:

Debt is ALWAYS a worry. It slows down your leveling process. Even for a 50, unless you're all t-4'd out. I'm one of THOSE guys that takes the game too seriously sometimes. I loathe defeat and try very hard to make my characters as survivable as they can be and still have higher than average dps. 

What's debt?!

17 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Debt is this wonderful mechanic which allowed players to slow down their rate of levelling up simply by reducing their character's active Hit Point pool to 0.

However, the feature became vestigial when the option to toggle Experience on or off was introduced.

I thought debt was that hard to acquire thing for a certain set of badges...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Debt is this wonderful mechanic which allowed players to slow down their rate of levelling up simply by reducing their character's active Hit Point pool to 0.

However, the feature became vestigial when the option to toggle Experience on or off was introduced.

Back on Live, I always wanted to run all of the badge missions & story arcs in each level band before outleveling the content.  Permadebt was the solution.  By plowing on debt as much debt as possible, I could basically double the amount of content I could run at each level band & thus usually convince the recalcitrant contacts to give me all of their badge missions & story arcs before I outleveled them.  Now I can just toggle off xp instead & run everything in a level band before moving on.  Good times! 👍

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Likewise, Mass.  At least until Exemplar'ing was a thing.  At that point I would keep a series of characters between 5 and 3 levels below my main, and run content while having that lower level character artificially reducing my main's level.

If someone delves in to the old Legacy forum archives, they might find my occasional posts during the first couples years asking the Devs to add an Experience Toggle.  When they finally added it, it was one of my most appreciated additions.  The fact that it provided double Inf was especially appreciated . . .