Katana invisible?

Crysis

According to this Focused Feedback thread, this appears to have been addressed via some changes to the No Redraw options in March Page 5.

However, invisible Katanas for Katana scrappers remain.  The player themselves can see the weapons but to other players it appears I’m wielding an invisible weapon.

• 4 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
On 5/13/2020 at 9:32 AM, Crysis said:

However, invisible Katanas for Katana scrappers remain.  The player themselves can see the weapons but to other players it appears I’m wielding an invisible weapon.

Pretty sure it's the same case across the board, even for Ninja Sword. I don't bother asking if people can see my Nin/Nin's sword any more.

I've just grown to accept my sword will only be visible during an attack animation.

Were our swords even there to begin with? These thoughts keep me up at night.

3 hours ago, thethirdman said:

i am like 99% sure this is never getting fixed

It does feel that way sometimes.

spacer.png

opossum haha

• 5 weeks later

I made a katana/ regen scrapper and have also been afflicted by the invisible sword bug. This is really grinding my gears. 😔😥 Changing the katana weapon at tailor does not seem to help.

screenshot_200807-17-57-03.jpg

Edited by Giovanni Valia

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

This bug is so old, sadly it never got fixed on live because the game was shut down before the devs had a chance. Its the only thing stopping me making a katana character.

And I REEEEAAAALLLLYYYY would like to make one. 😞

• Sad 1

On 7/7/2020 at 12:51 AM, Davy said:

Pretty sure it's the same case across the board, even for Ninja Sword. I don't bother asking if people can see my Nin/Nin's sword any more.

I've just grown to accept my sword will only be visible during an attack animation.

Were our swords even there to begin with? These thoughts keep me up at night.

It does feel that way sometimes.

Schrodinger's ninja-to?

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

The only reasonable conclusion that I can come to in order to explain why this bug still persists is that one of the developers was emotionally traumatized by a katana in their childhood. In response to that deep-seated trauma, the developer caused all katanas to remain appear invisible to others.

I would also appreciate it if this bug were to be fixed.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Six Six said:

If you can see it when you play your toon... what does it matter if others can't?

9 hours ago, Heliodorus said:

My toon is based on a character from anime....so yeah, it matters.

I've just encountered another reason why it matters: NPCs have this bug also.  Was just fighting some Cult Worshipers in First Ward who use the sometimes-invisible katana.

9 hours ago, Heliodorus said:

My toon is based on a character from anime....so yeah, it matters.

I still don't get it. And I'm not trying to prove your version of reality/game play is wrong. I just simply don't understand it.

You have a toon. You have a costume (which involves a katana)
When you play, you're immersed in your character. When you fight YOU see your katana, so suspension of disbelief is upheld, the fantasy is propagated.
I team with you. I don't see YOUR katana. Other members don't see YOUR katana. 
Why does it matter so much what we see or not see... and how can you be so sure we don't see it?
Do you get enough comments about it to warrant such a request? 

Wow really? Sorry to hear that. In that case, I hope you get your sword. And there is hope. There was a similar issue with the Ninja Mastery for sentinels where even the player can't see the katana (nor was there a choice even to pick one). I believe this has been fixed. So there is hope.

I was just thinking a while ago that I play on an ancient computer that can't handle the higher graphic settings (actually struggles with the low settings). So I don't see some of the glowie bits of people's costumes, I don't see the city in ultra-hd, I don't see most people's powers in their full glory. I must be missing out on a lot. I suppose my head fills in the gaps.

18 hours ago, Heliodorus said:

So...are scrappers the only AT being affected by this bug?? I just rolled katana/rad brute a week ago. I plan to play him this weekend.

I need my flashy sword to show off 😉 

Both Katana across ATs and Ninja Sword for Stalkers have this bug.

I believe with NPCs it is in reverse. The katana is visible when in the combat stance and then invisible when they attack. This is just something I've heard though.

Now given this bug only breaks immersion and not the flow of gameplay, I can't see it getting fixed... At least not anytime soon.

• Sad 1

spacer.png

opossum haha

• 2 weeks later
On 8/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, Six Six said:

If you can see it when you play your toon... what does it matter if others can't?

If you can see yourself flying but all anyone else see’s is you running along the ground with your hands out going “Wheeeeee!” AND be OK with that...then I see your point.

• Haha 2