Does anybody else miss Galaxy City?

Does anyone else really miss being able to start in Galaxy City? I played CoH starting in its beta testing, where we all started in AP regardless, but every single one of my toons on live went to Back Alley Brawler instead of Ms. Liberty on live. I liked the less populated starting zone. I always found it easier to navigate, having more ramps and easy places to jump over things. I know I can go back via Orobouros, but it definitely contributes to my nearly always starting hero characters in Praetoria these days that I can't get the starting zone I liked on blue side.

I too started my heros in Galaxy until it was ripped from us.

My mantra is to always use the 'other' entrance, because of crowds.

In my mind, Atlas was for those that like to see and be seen.

I just like to punch/kick/burn/shoot/freeze and otherwise maim badguys.

On the Live Freedom server, Atlas was terrible.

I was hoping that Galaxy City would become a place we could fight to take back when they added it as a startup zone - think it could have made for some really cool low-level story arcs too :)

And yes - Galaxy City was where all my old toons started out - miss it greatly.

When I started back up, I immediately remade my original Hero main and jumped into Outbreak.  Finished that and it dumped me straight into Atlas Park. I was confused for a little while because I faintly remembered that there used to be a choice in zones after the tutorial and starting in AP seemed off to me.

Excelsior

Nightsaber - DM/DA Scrapper

Angel Shots - DP/Rad Sentinel

Sweet and Innocent - SJ/Inv Brute

Treevenge - Plant/Thorn Dominator

GC was the zone where I based our old SG on Triumph, the Paragon Regulators. I miss it a ton. Which reminds me, I'm going to go to the GC echo tonight, so I can visit and also get to Ouroboros.

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

I started started in Galaxy City after Outbreak and continued to bring the majority of my characters there as well. Great way to avoid blind SG invites as most SG leaders hung around in AP and threw invites to every new character that spawned in.

@Bad Mr. Gary - Squelch - Excelsior 

Yes... and the original Mercy Island and the original Hollows.

Original Hollows?  Go home, you're drunk.

Yeah.... Level 5 quest door that's deep within level 10 Troll territory? Not fun. Original Hollows is the single biggest reason I'd spend far too much time slowly Hovering across a map.

Yes, PFF was a great boon to the Force Fielders I saw over the years, all six of you.  :P

There were a lot of Force Fielders out there. You just might not have seen them because they weren't joining PUGs. They were having too much fun in static groups composed of friends or steamrolling everything in all defender teams. Mostly because the common PUG attitude of "if it's not a Healer, it's not worth having on my team".

I ran a rather amusing Ninja/FF mastermind. The concept was "He's not a mastermind, he's a powerful psychic who riped the minds of his victims to shreds." His foes would see ninjas in hamster balls, but nobody around his foes would see this.

Does anyone else really miss being able to start in Galaxy City? I played CoH starting in its beta testing, where we all started in AP regardless, but every single one of my toons on live went to Back Alley Brawler instead of Ms. Liberty on live. I liked the less populated starting zone. I always found it easier to navigate, having more ramps and easy places to jump over things. I know I can go back via Orobouros, but it definitely contributes to my nearly always starting hero characters in Praetoria these days that I can't get the starting zone I liked on blue side.

Most definitely YES! Like you, Galaxy City was my stop off after the tutorial. Each and every character made that trip. Your reasons also applied to me: less populated; easier navigation; et al.

I was sorely disappointed when after the tutorial I was offered ONLY Atlas Park. It took me 3 more heroes to realize that one of the tutorial choices was Galaxy City and then I remembered!

But I miss chatting with Back Alley Brawler and Galaxy City :)

- Al

You are a Hero!

i used both Atlas Park and Galaxy city as start zone

i liked to have a choice where to start as Hero

but i dont want galaxy City the way back it was befor more like an rebuildet version to have an ongoing story,  it wouldnt make sense for the lore if its just back.

my idea would be to use the old Galaxy City, replace some buildings with new ones and/or construction sites and since most of the contacts are now in Atlas Park just place entirely new contacts there but with the old Galaxy City Quests

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak